Rise of Mankind 2.63 WoC Lite

zappara

Mod Designer
Rise of Mankind 2.63 WoC Lite

With the help of Johny Smith I got now Rise of Mankind which has been merged with Revolution DCM 1.02 and with his WoC Lite. I've also added some optimization changes from the upcoming 2.7 patch to this version and fixed couple other bugs last night. Only other difference is that this version has WoC's Unit Statistics component which shows unit and player statistics.

This is a full Rise of Mankind version and it uses folder name 'Rise of Mankind WoC Lite' so it can be installed to computer which already has 'Rise of Mankind' -mod.

Download

Changes from RoM v2.62 to v2.63 are:

Version 2.63
------------

Mods
----
- Merged: RevDCM WoC Lite (World of Civilization), uses RevDCM 1.02
- Merged: Examine city at Conquest
- Merged: Advanced Combat Odds 1.00
- Merged: OOSLogger

Modules
-------
- Added: No Building Graphics module (optional), to enable the module move its folder move it from 'Unloaded Modules\Custom Buildings\' to 'Modules\Custom Buildings\'. Enabling this module disables most regular building graphics, Wonders are still shown in cities. Enabling this module can save lots of RAM when running the mod, thus there should be less MAFs in late game.

Python
------
- Changed: Corporation pedia pages show now buildings and units enabled by each corporation
- Changed: City screen shows now how many National and Great Wonders it has already built (next to city name)
- Changed: Changing player only allowed when cheat mode enabled
- Changed: CvGameUtils Inquisitor checks optimized bit
- Changed: CvGameUtils getUnitCostMod optimized
- Changed: CvGameUtils getBuildingCostMod optimized
- Changed: CvEventManager Building Upgrade lines optimized -> turns should be faster
- Fixed: AbandonCity component (uses RoM 2.7 changes)
- Fixed: Immigrant event trigger
- Fixed: Colonist and Pioneer should not cause OOS error anymore
- Fixed: Inquisition works correctly when Revolution component is disabled (CvGameUtils.py)
- Fixed: Revolutions no longer give national or team units to new civs

Diplomacy
---------
- Added: Human player can now refuse to talk to other civs with "Cease bothering us!" comment, Player can ask the AI to cease contacting them. If the AI wants to contact the human player but has been told not to, the AI will behave as if the human player had rejected whatever request the AI was intending to make. This may either be no change in attitude, a change in attitude or perhaps an unexpected war declaration as well! All war declaration diplomacy contact and first contact meetings are not affected by this option. The AI behaviour is 100% BTS behaviour equivalent and so there is no change in the AI behaviour. The change is actually only an interface enhancement useful to the human player when there are a lot of insignificant AI's about that the human player does not want to communicate with. The do not bother status is not saved in the game state, so reloading or restarting will reset all do not bother status to back to vanilla contact behaviour. This is good, because there is a high likelihood that players will forget that they have told the AI to shut up between gaming sessions, and thus are wide open to unexpected surprises in diplomacy.

Events
------
- Fixed: Interstate event uses Highways instead of Roads (thought I had this fixed in previous patch...)

Resources
---------
- Changed: Salt unique range 5->3, placement order 5 -> 2
- Changed: Gold placement order 5->2, can appear on jungle/forest hill plot
- Changed: Silver placement order 5->2
- Changed: Ivory placement order 5->3, appearance 40->100

Worldpicker
-----------
- Fixed: worldpicker now chooses suitable graphics for RoM_ mapscripts

Audio
-----
- Fixed: New religions use now correct movie sound files when religions are founded

Game options
------------
- Changed: Advanced Combat Odds is ON by default (setting 1)
- Changed: Super Spy promotions are ON by default (Deceiver trait requires it to be on)
- Changed: Inquisitions are ON by default
- Changed: Battle effects are OFF by default

Where is the GlobalDefines.XML now? I was trying to test that the wonder movies still worked but I can't build more than 4 wonders in a city.

Ignore this - I must have looked in the wrong mod :blush:

This is fantastic news ... hopefully my laptop will be able to run the game again. (It was crashing all the time in mid-game on standard maps with 26 AI players based on ram issues.)

I'm really happy you enabled the "don't talk to me" feature, turned off battle effects by default and put a wonder/national wonder counter in the game.

I need to know if you modified CvRandomEventsInterface.py from 2.62 to 2.63? If so, I won't bother adding in that addon.

Thanks for your AWESOME mod! :goodjob: :D :goodjob:

A few patches ago there was some talk of optimizing unit graphics by turning off the graphics for the unique units. Has that been implemented? If so, how do I enable it in game?

What about the ekstra civ (megapack).
How can we get them work with 2.63 ?

Nevermind not a bug lol. Mixed up moving the files.

@Flay

Can you give me link to the ekstra civ (megapack) please.

Sorry thought you meant something else.

I have not tried it yet.

zappara has a lot more options now with the WoC Lite. I would not doubt he has some plans to make this easier. But not sure what he has planned.

"Diplomacy
---------
- Added: Human player can now refuse to talk to other civs with "Cease bothering us!" comment, Player can ask the AI to cease contacting them. If the AI wants to contact the human player but has been told not to, the AI will behave as if the human player had rejected whatever request the AI was intending to make. This may either be no change in attitude, a change in attitude or perhaps an unexpected war declaration as well! All war declaration diplomacy contact and first contact meetings are not affected by this option. The AI behaviour is 100% BTS behaviour equivalent and so there is no change in the AI behaviour. The change is actually only an interface enhancement useful to the human player when there are a lot of insignificant AI's about that the human player does not want to communicate with. The do not bother status is not saved in the game state, so reloading or restarting will reset all do not bother status to back to vanilla contact behaviour. This is good, because there is a high likelihood that players will forget that they have told the AI to shut up between gaming sessions, and thus are wide open to unexpected surprises in diplomacy."

Yes, that is definitely what this mod needed! I'm sick of playing 40 + AI with every 2nd turn the same AI trolling me with his same absurd suggestions.

One thing ROM needs is a resource spawner overhaul. I find myself having to open world editor and manually placing resources that never spawned even once at beginning of games. Especially horses and elephants.

A few patches ago there was some talk of optimizing unit graphics by turning off the graphics for the unique units. Has that been implemented? If so, how do I enable it in game?
Yes, it's implemented if you mean turning off those civ specific unit artstyles. They are in Modules\Custom Artstyles -folder. Move the folder from there to Unloaded Modules directory and they will be disabled then. Also this version has 'No Building Graphics' -module (off by default) in 'Unloaded Modules\Custom Buildings\'. You can enable it by moving it to folder 'Modules\Custom Buildings\'.

I need to know if you modified CvRandomEventsInterface.py from 2.62 to 2.63? If so, I won't bother adding in that addon.

Thanks for your AWESOME mod! :goodjob: :D :goodjob:
Yes, it's modified. Immigration code block was added as it seems to have been missing (probably due to some merging operation).

What about the ekstra civ (megapack).
How can we get them work with 2.63 ?
No plans for megapack version yet - I just 2 days ago got my hands on WoC Lite and all time went for making this RoM 2.63 WoC Lite version. I might make small patch for Megapack which adds same small fixes and optimizations as this version has... but I won't be making full version until I got RoM 2.7 ready.

zappara has a lot more options now with the WoC Lite. I would not doubt he has some plans to make this easier. But not sure what he has planned.
My plans are still unclear for myself too :lol: At least I know I'll have inspect more closely those WoC files... and see some modules for it but I think I'll leave this RoM WoC Lite be as it is now and I'll concentrate on working v2.7 RoM patch - which I estimate to keep me busy up to start of July.

zappara should probably verify this first.

But from what I see that would be needed from the megapack is these folders and files.

All these files should be ok to overwrite.

Fix moved down to post #15

I may have something wrong so please keep a back up in case. And zappara may have some other plans with the megapack.

This is just a quick fix I made to get the files loaded.

BUG !
Stay fast 1370AD. waiting for other civilization.
Nothing happens.

zappara should probably verify this first.

But from what I see that would be needed from the megapack is these folders and files.

1. 2.62 Megapack "Assets/Unloaded Modules" can be copied to the 2.63 to "Assets/Unloaded Modules"
2. 2.62 Megapack "Assets/Modules" can be copied to the 2.63 "Assets/Modules"
3. 2.62 Megapack "Assets/Art/Movies" can be copied to the 2.63 "Assets/Art/Movies"
4. 2.62 Megapack "Public Maps" can be copied to the 2.63 "Public Maps"
5. 2.62 Megapack "RoMExtraCivPak0.FPK", "RoMExtraCivPak1.FPK", "RoMExtraCivPak2.FPK", "RoMExtraCivPak3.FPK" can be copied in the 2.63 "Assets" Folder
6. Copy this files I made into the corresponding folders and overwrite when asked.

I may have something wrong so please keep a back up in case. And zappara may have some other plans with the megapack.

This is just a quick fix I made to get the files loaded.
Movies and Public Maps are the same in both version so no need to copy those. Assets\Sounds\Diplomacy folder must be copied from Megapack besides those other files.

There's couple xml files that need to be merged. CvDiplomacyInfos.xml in Megapack has the 1st contact infos for modular civs and also some new civs have new sounds so all audio define xml files would have to be merged. However with WoC Lite the diplomacy infos can be merged with some new way since it supports modular diplomacy...

Ok updated info.

1. 2.62 Megapack "Assets/Unloaded Modules" can be copied to the 2.63 to "Assets/Unloaded Modules"
2. 2.62 Megapack "Assets/Modules" can be copied to the 2.63 "Assets/Modules"
3. 2.62 Megapack "RoMExtraCivPak0.FPK", "RoMExtraCivPak1.FPK", "RoMExtraCivPak2.FPK", "RoMExtraCivPak3.FPK" can be copied in the 2.63 "Assets" Folder
4. 2.62 Megapack "Assets/Sounds/Diplomacy" can be copied to 2.63 "Assets/Sounds/Diplomacy"
5. "2.62 Megapack "Assets/XML/Audio" can be copied to 2.63 "Assets/XML/Audio"
6. Copy these files I made into the corresponding folders and overwrite when asked.

Pretty sure this should all be ok to go then.

And with more time the CvDiplomacyInfos.xml can be placed into each Leaderhead's folder. But this is just a quick fix.

BUG !
Stay fast 1370AD. waiting for other civilization.
Nothing happens.

Can you upload a save game right before please.

I would like to check it out. It may or may not be from WoC Lite merge.

Thanks ahead of time.

there is it

Attachments

• Flay 3.CivBeyondSwordSave
    585.2 KB · Views: 75
Yes definitely a bug. I do not think it is related really to the WoC Lite, but you never know for sure. The end of turn is waiting on another civ really. The AI for some team is running in a loop I think. But I am not expert with AI exactly.

I am sorry for the bug. Thanks for reporting.

Edit: Something to do with the Egyptians once there gone your game plays through.

Here is a save game one turn forward if you want to try to play it anymore.

Hello,

I took the risk and used the WinMerge to carefully merge in what I have to merge in for Tornadoes & Volcanoes graphic thing ot work. I realized that I had to be very careful and not be tempted to use "Copy All To Left" option because I saw what you meant. Whew!

Well, now I will start playing that new version soon as possible.

I really LOVE your mod. IMHO, this mod is THE Civ4 BTS as it should be! :goodjob:

Top Bottom