Rise of Mankind 2.8 torrents

SuperSeeding would be nice, but not as huge a gain here as everyone thinks. Superseeding is most effective when you have a huge number of clients and a very large upload bandwidth on the only initial seed, which is not the situation here. In our case, we have a smallish upload bandwidth on the initial seed and a modest number of clients with comparable or better upload speeds of their own, the default seeding algorithm doesn't do that badly.

the biggest thing that would have made it go faster is to seed just rom lite first, then when there are seeds for that, seed the full. but zap has done a lot of work to give us this, so if he says he wants to go to bed, I'm plenty pleased with this.

Thanks again Zap!

Well, of course it'll be slow. Right now there's only 1 seed. Once a couple of people finish and hopefully seed, download speeds will increase. May take a while, but as long as there are willing seeders, it'll be much faster later.

Is it sad that I think the coolest part of this is staring at the Seeds tab on my client, and seeing where the RoM players live?

Lots of americans, couple of us Canadians (Hi guys!), Germany, Japan, Poland, Australia (or maybe New Zealand, I still never remember which flag is which), Finland, Sweden!

We're all over!

Oh, and to that guy at UMich, who's sent me over 1/5th of everything I've received so far, I owe you a beer!

we should start a fun so that zap can get some proper webspace to host RoM on, I would willing donate via paypal or something for that purpose. I spend more time playing RoM than I spend doing anything else (probably more than everything else combined)

or failing that he could always upload it to somewhere like gmail and then email it to the main modders to put in their torrent folders to boost seeders

Is it sad that I think the coolest part of this is staring at the Seeds tab on my client, and seeing where the RoM players live?

Lots of americans, couple of us Canadians (Hi guys!), Germany, Japan, Poland, Australia (or maybe New Zealand, I still never remember which flag is which), Finland, Sweden!

We're all over!

Oh, and to that guy at UMich, who's sent me over 1/5th of everything I've received so far, I owe you a beer!

Lol yeah, we are brothers in spirit, I also looked at the stats... a secound seeder was found in the full btw!

And after all, waiting and discussing here, haven't we won something priceless? A feeling of unity, committing ourselves to a group-effort is a positive experience and when the next release comes there will be structures and its gonna be professionalized - learning by doing.

By the way: undergoing this process we reflect how determined we are - but also what we have to commit, even what we want to commit: it's the expression of paying a fair price to a good friend.
Either cheating on him or getting ripped off doesn't feel right, paying a fair price does.

Edit: atm I see 100 peers downloading the full - after 5 hours or so. Thats fantastic, I would have thought of half that number. Lets see what it says when its annouced on Piratebay and Mininova and maybe properly advertised in game magazines (letters to the editor...) etc - any suggestions?

I kinda meditate on the peaks of my utorrent-graphic, wondering how they correlate. You can really get lost in there, swishing up and down like a stoning roll...

Spoiler :

Attachments

• rom.JPG
    rom.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 396
YEAH! Thanks Zap and everyone else involved. Also great idea, over 1 MB/s right now with torrent. Well maybe I spoke too soon on the speed, slowed way down but I dont care.

Lol.

For those who care, I'm IP: 141.209.191.175

How do you tell/find out which one you are. I'm on Wild Blue a Satellite DSL. Live in Illinios.

I saw a comcast peer on there. I work for Comcast.

JosEPh :)

How do you tell/find out which one you are. I'm on Wild Blue a Satellite DSL. Live in Illinios.

I saw a comcast peer on there. I work for Comcast.

JosEPh :)

You can't through Utorrent, it doesn't show your IP. Just visit myipaddress.com, and it will tell you.

I'm using BitTorrent.

Well, I regularly wait an entire day or several days to download a torrent, so I'm used to the waiting.

...but usually those days-long torrents are upwards of 5 gigabytes, rather than less than half a gig! :p

The weird part is mine says 0 seeds this whole time yet I am still somehow downloading. I guess I am indirectly downloading from all the peers.

You guess correctly.

Although I do not know why you can't connect to the seed directly... :dunno:

Well I'm taking a break from DLing while I play some L4D or something.
I'll start it back up again later tonight/tomorrow morning.

I almost have that seed box ready (taking a break) and I'll run it once I have the file to seed. :)

60.6% of Lite

23.1% of Full

My 1st ever torrent D/L. An old dog can learn a new trick! :lol

Top Bottom