1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rise of Mankind 2.8 torrents

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rise of Mankind' started by zappara, Oct 23, 2009.

1. es4

es4 Chieftain

The horde is at 65% of the Lite version ... unfortunately, no matter how many downloaders there are, until there's a full distributed copy we're all dependent on Zappara's machine.

2. dudeSDCA

dudeSDCA Prince

Can anyone share what the difference is between full & lite?

3. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

I think lite does not have wonder movies.

4. winthrowe

winthrowe Warlord

well, 78% on the lite, and 2am local.. Thanks for all your hard work zap, but I guess I'm gonna have to wait to play in the morning :)

5. jacktannery

jacktannery Prince

For anyone who knows how bittorrent works, I keep getting these logs whilst downloading RoM:

[2009-10-24 03:15:38] *** RiseOfMankind2.8Full.rar: PIECE 694 FAILED HASH CHECK
    [2009-10-24 06:35:19] *** RiseOfMankind2.8Lite.rar: PIECE 640 FAILED HASH CHECK
    [2009-10-24 06:35:54] *** RiseOfMankind2.8Lite.rar: PIECE 134 FAILED HASH CHECK
    [2009-10-24 06:39:31] *** RiseOfMankind2.8Lite.rar: PIECE 619 FAILED HASH CHECK
    [2009-10-24 06:42:42] *** RiseOfMankind2.8Full.rar: PIECE 322 FAILED HASH CHECK
    [2009-10-24 06:42:44] *** RiseOfMankind2.8Lite.rar: PIECE 54 FAILED HASH CHECK
    [2009-10-24 06:43:12] Banned 68.151.38.120:62201
    [2009-10-24 06:47:35] *** RiseOfMankind2.8Full.rar: PIECE 271 FAILED HASH CHECK
    [2009-10-24 06:48:08] Banned 68.151.38.120:62201

Is this normal? Or will I be missing key files at the end of the download. Also, I got some sort of Windows Security Alert which found numerous trojan horse files in the RoM 2.8. torrent. I just pressed 'delete infected files', but presumably these files were harmless and part of RoM - so did I do something wrong?

6. debressac

debressac Chieftain

Over 1M/s ! Then 2k/s... I think the first third is the easiest to get. I keep on seeding...

7. Darken24

Darken24 Chieftain

i do believe it auto redownloads it

8. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Looks like Full is around 40% done and Lite is 97% done. I can't wait to try it out :D

EDIT: I am wondering if after the "Horde" downloads Lite to 100% if Full will get faster since there will be less people downloading from Zap's computer.

EDIT2: Yay Lite Hit 100% :D :D :D at 8:00 GMT

EDIT3: Bye going to play "Lite". :D Hope all the new seeds speed things up.

9. os79

os79 Deity

:scream in pain:

No! Please, no! 0(2) seeds now.

Oh well. I will just leave my toreent on overnight and hope for best tmw morning.
    (Actually, it is early morning now :lol:. Just got back from Hocecoming bash...

EDIT: Oops, it is back to 1(2) seeds. What a relief!

10. Lamb Chop

Lamb Chop Chieftain

Don't worry unless you are using some obscure torrent client it will redownload/ recheck and correct itself.

However that many errors are sign of something being wrong. when you have time check your HDD filesystem integrity and your memory. Torrent clients cache stuff to memory than write to HDD. And No, TCP/IP is not a cause ever...

11. Lamb Chop

Lamb Chop Chieftain

Oh one more thing clients that are not seeding only leeching will be usually auto banned by other clients @ the IP level.

12. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

So I played the lite version of the game and this is my report.

1. I like the new Sentry functions such as sentry heal and sentry land only.

2.Having chopping of forest and pine trees moved to iron working made the game much harder.

3. My workers seem to be very lazy. All they seem to do is make cart paths if they are on auto. I have to forcefully get them to build on resources or build mines.

4. The new Naite wonder looks awesome!

5. I crashed when attacking a city with my spearman general. I forgot to put the auto log stuff on so I cannot post the error. Sorry.

6. The AI seems more aggressive even though I am on the same setting I normally am at.

7. I love the new Civic menu. Looks spiffy! :D

8. Even though they were in the beta I am glad you added the new resources like fertilizer and stuff.

9. Everything seems to take longer to do on snail than before.

10. Overall great job Zap! I just hope my random crashing was a fluke becuase I really want to play longer. I did not even get to classical era!

13. JDR

JDR Chieftain

It seems to be going better now. I just started downloading and the lite version finished in 8 minutes or so with 29 seeders. Full version still only shows one seeder and seems to be at about 51%. I got to the 51% in 8 minutes and now it is stalling out. It will be very quick once we get a few seeds.

In the future it may be a better idea to email the torrent to 5-10 "seeders" and let them get the full file before posting the torrent-zip file here.

14. DRJ

DRJ Hedonist

@JDR: lol you must be my evil twin poster!

@Hydromancerx: don't know if this is the right thread for bug-reports, but i can tell you the CTD you experience won't mean anything maybe, usually the game gets more stable in middle ages now, thx to new CAR-mod and stuff.

Hehe, using the lite version for the very first time now, I found a little bug myself when popping a scout in a hut without the knowledge of hunting...
    Spoiler :

Attached Files:

15. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

Full version should be completely uploaded to first leechers in about 2.5hours since the only seed file there is, is on my friend's computer. After that it should spread to all of you much faster. I didn't have time yesterday to register to torrent sites so I haven't posted those torrents to any sites other than CFC so if you can, post those torrents anywhere you want :) My friend promised to keep his computer seeding the files for some time as long as I don't use all of his upload transfer rate and at the moment it's limited to 40kb/s upload from here.

The difference between Lite and Full version is that Lite doesn't have new wonder movies and it doesn't have any new leaders. By removing those the rar file size went from 450mb to 180mb.

I'll make 2.8 feedback/bug thread next so you can post feedback there...

16. cha dawn

cha dawn Warlord

Zappara,

thanks for the new version of the game.
    Could we expect a "normal" download possibility in the near future ?

17. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

Yes, of course. Just that yesterday and thursday all my attempts to upload the mod were failed so I had to set up torrents first time. I tried to upload it to Filefront and to AtomicGamer and there was occurring sime kind of problem each time - best attempt failed when just 4% of the rar was not uploaded. One Lite version upload attempt takes about 40minutes and Full version upload attempt takes about 2hours so you should know that this takes bit of patience to get them uploaded.

Perhaps those of who have already downloaded the mod via torrents could upload the mod some sites too? :)

18. Lamb Chop

Lamb Chop Chieftain

TBH Zap, don't bother with file hosting sites imo...
    Torrent is much faster and imo generally better. you did all the work coding this thing shouldn't be expected to UL and keep track.

I am pretty sure we have enough of a community here to keep it alive for a long long time.

As for your friend tell him to remove that UL cap, faster he seeds a copy or 2 sooner he can stop/ do something else. a %75-80 torrent UL cap of your UL bandwidth is enough not to interfere with your normal operation like browsing or watching youtube videos.

that means if you have 1MBps UL BW set it to 72 or 80 and you won't even notice torrents are running unless you look at the taskbar.

19. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

It's already capped that way but thanks for reminding ;) There's 300+ connections to RoM 2.8full file...

20. chumpy56

chumpy56 Chieftain

It's downloading very fast now, I'm getting consistently 180 kb/sec