1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rise of Mankind 2.8 torrents

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rise of Mankind' started by zappara, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Flay

Flay Prince

upload at 120kb/s for both 2.8 now . . .
    I will be seeding all weekend

2. winthrowe

winthrowe Warlord

looks like we've got a bunch of seeds for full now too.

3. DRJ

DRJ Hedonist

My epic journey to RoM 2.8
    It was a long time to climb all those peaks, but finally the waiting was over...

Spoiler :

Thank you very much for this gift of mankind, Zappara!

Attached Files:

4. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

I vote we leave 2.8 as a torrent, and don't upload it anywhere else. Now that we have a 100+ seeds, it will always work way faster that way.

5. winthrowe

winthrowe Warlord

I would support this effort by leaving my torrent seeding until 2.9 (2.81?) is released (then seeding that).

6. damunzy

damunzy recovering former mod Retired Moderator

Man, this was much faster than using Atomic Gamer. I am now seeding (took less than 5 minutes).

7. DRJ

DRJ Hedonist

Yeah thats the spirit! Will be doing so, too.

Btw. i just tried to upload to mininova here but stumbled on some problems, could someone dedicated to RoM as well post it there for me, maybe?
    And when trying it on PirateBay I think I need a registration, anyone here having one?

Anyhow, you guys, some efforts have been done already: here is a little pre-designed promo-description text by Afforess and me you can use...
    (make sure to quote this post before copy&pasting the spoiler - to get the tags)

Spoiler :
    Rise of Mankind is a total conversion of Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword

Features:

[*]1000's of new units, buildings, and tons of wonders,

[*]11 Major World Religions,

[*]A Tech Tree Spanning far into the future (new transhuman era!)

[*]New Victory Conditions

[*]Civil Wars, Rebels, AI improvements, plus 15% Calculation Speed^^, a growing Multiplayer Scene and

[*]Much much more...

Rise of Mankind, the unofficial Civilization 5. - Why aren't you playing?

And the fun doesn't end there; Rise of Mankind has new releases with even more features, bug-fixes and special requests.

While you are waiting for the next Rise of Mankind release, there are many modders designing add-ons for Rise of Mankind, called "mod-mod's"

A mega-mod-mod-pack called A New Dawn (sized almost 1 gig!), with all of the content from every major and minor mod-mod will be released very soon!

More information about releases and newest betas you can participate in can be found here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=269

Installation:

[*] Make sure you have installed Civilization IV

[*] and the add-on Beyond the Sword.

[*] Make sure you patched Beyond the Sword to 3.19

[*] Make sure to unpack the "Rise of Mankind" directory you find in the .rar into ... ".../Sid Meier's Civilization 4/Beyond the Sword/Mods"

[*] Make sure to change the desktop shortcut of Beyond the Sword to start Rise of Mankind instantly (whithout having to load the mod in-game BtS):
    right-click on the shortcut, change the "target" line to this (if your installation directory path is the same):
    "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\Rise of Mankind

[*] Make sure to civilize the world!

8. CMKMStephens

CMKMStephens Serious.

Roight, I'm seeding the Full torrent for a couple of days just to help. Problem is, New Zealand has :):):):) internet, and even worse upload speeds, so token effort :crazyeye:

9. Lamb Chop

Lamb Chop Chieftain

Shameless self promotion, it was my idea on 2.8 beta:) Me and I think everyone is glad Zap took it to the heart..

Torrent is always the way to go if you have something bigger than 50MB's

10. mussbu

mussbu Chieftain

Hey folks, thanx for all your efforts - sounds like an incredible night. You all did the heavy lifting for the ones that follow:goodjob:. Once I get off work today I'll also start the download/seeding process while watching the OSU game. Go Buc's.

Q: Would the Lite version have less memory crashes???

11. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Should, as there is less video ram usage.

And the inclusion of the CAR Mod should help turn processing.

12. leo.

leo. Monkey Monster

it took about 5mins to download, thats a lot faster than the alternatives, with 1.2 mbits.
    ty to everyone ill seed it for a long time (or as long 2.8.1 comes ;))

13. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

Why does it say no availability?:confused:

14. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

Have you checked if your firewall is blocking utorrent client? The client on my end is saying there's 130+ people seeding the full mod at the moment.

15. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

My firewall is not blocking it.

16. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

It has only downloaded two mb in an hour.

17. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

Patience is a virtue ;)

18. Grunthex

Grunthex Prince

If I had to take a wild guess, NBAFan, your ISP might seriously throttle torrent usage in prime time (weekends generally count as prime time).

Try turning on protocol encryption (Forced). If you use Utorrent, it's the bottom option of the preferences menu. Not sure with other clients.

19. mussbu

mussbu Chieftain

Start the d/l slow, but now picking up speed like a frieght train - 152 KB/s. Nice to see our community from US, Can, Pol, Swe, It, Den, Hun, & Pol.:p

20. Crusis

Crusis Warlord

Zappara, have you considered creating an email list of core seeders for the next release? I dl'ed it overnight, it took 6 hours. That's a lot of time that could possibly have been avoided with say, 10 original seeders. I have a very fast connection, and would gladly help out with such a thing if you're ever interested. I'm seeding right now and will leave it up for a good long time, possibly indefinitely. I just upped the bandwidth limit as I had left it at default.

It really didn't matter to me as it was overnight, but in many locations there were probably people looking at their screens saying "Crap! Go faster!" Heh.

Hopefully the new 'net neutrality' rules here in the US will ban throttling of advertised connection speeds and not be some political bull**** that stifles free speech.