Rise of Mankind 2.9 discussion

Last night tried to fix the bug in resource display - didn't get it fixed yet... that bug has good evasion skills since I went through most of the python code in maininterface. At least I got some optimization done to resource display so it wasn't complete waste of time. :)

Merged Revolution multiplayer version and even tested multiplayer on my machine since yesterday I learned how to run the game multiple times on single computer :) OOSLogger did save log file when OOS occurred (AI Autoplay was bad idea to test :d) but seems it has some unicode conversion bug which I need to fix.

(AI Autoplay was bad idea to test :d) .

I agree there, Autoplay fixes somethings by itself, so in all actuality its a bad idea to test under autoplay (my opinion).

EDIT: Also the fix does NOT work on the movie Treasury? It played TWICE:confused:

I noticed you added Target First for SAM Infantry and ACV Infantry to target helicopter type units.

Well, why did not you add that to submarines' target toward transport types? Or at least earlier submarines against earlier transports and later subs against later transports?

Edit: Reason why I asked is that I am editing into RoM 2.9 changes (some of them anyway) into my current RoM 2.81+AND entry by entry. I saw in your list of changes that you added TargetUnitTypes for SAM Infantry and ACV SAM. I looked for an example in UnitInfos. xml so I can copy correctly toward my mod that new change but no such example is available. Fortunately I aleady know that Vincentz did so in his Sea Hunters mod and I will download it and see the examples there. But still was wondering why you did not apply his mod?

I noticed you added Target First for SAM Infantry and ACV Infantry to target helicopter type units.

Well, why did not you add that to submarines' target toward transport types? Or at least earlier submarines against earlier transports and later subs against later transports?

Edit: Reason why I asked is that I am editing into RoM 2.9 changes (some of them anyway) into my current RoM 2.81+AND entry by entry. I saw in your list of changes that you added TargetUnitTypes for SAM Infantry and ACV SAM. I looked for an example in UnitInfos. xml so I can copy correctly toward my mod that new change but no such example is available. Fortunately I aleady know that Vincentz did so in his Sea Hunters mod and I will download it and see the examples there. But still was wondering why you did not apply his mod?
I would like to see Vincentz's Silent Hunter mod in 2.9 too.

Was just asking, not requesting :).

Btw, to my embarrassment, I found that I can easily look at my schema file and figure out how to set up that xml target. But at least I learned something new daily :lol:.

Had this error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "BugEventManager", line 378, in _handleConsumableEvent
File "autologEventManager", line 307, in onKbdEvent
AttributeError: 'CvColorInfo' object has no attribute 'getXmlVal'

EDIT: Also got these, dont know if they mean anything or not?

Warning: Node Leaf_3x1 has no generic art matching constraint 0.000000
File Art/Structures/Cities/med_europe.nif does not contain a node named 1x1x2_04 pointed at by artref art:building
File Art/Structures/Cities/med_europe.nif does not contain a node named 1x1x2_04 pointed at by artref art:building

Also what is that 3 radius stuff?

I came across some awkward consequence of the four-tile distance rule.
In the picture below, I would like to found the new city 1N of the designated tile. However, that would be within 3 tiles of Madrid - even those tiles are diagonal.
In the end, I would end up with 5 tiles of overlap with existing cities, instead of two.

I don`t know if it is possible to make the shape of the blocked distance more sophisticated than a 7x7 square. But the current solution is not optimal.

I also noted that on higher levels (immortal) the AI sometimes struggles with the lack of early buildings. As a result of that, it builds myrads of trash units (javeliners and archers) and strangles itself with unit support.

But besindes this nagging, I am enjoing the mod enormously. It is an awesome piece of work - thanks Zap!

In the picture below, I would like to found the new city 1N of the designated tile. However, that would be within 3 tiles of Madrid - even those tiles are diagonal.
In the end, I would end up with 5 tiles of overlap with existing cities, instead of two.

I don`t know if it is possible to make the shape of the blocked distance more sophisticated than a 7x7 square. But the current solution is not optimal.

I also noted that on higher levels (immortal) the AI sometimes struggles with the lack of early buildings. As a result of that, it builds myrads of trash units (javeliners and archers) and strangles itself with unit support.

But besindes this nagging, I am enjoing the mod enormously. It is an awesome piece of work - thanks Zap!
If you want to change it back go to your Globle Defines xml file and find this line: MIN_CITY_RANGE
Change it to 2.

EDIT: Also the fix does NOT work on the movie Treasury? It played TWICE:confused:
Fix for it wasn't in the beta fix but I've fixed it to the 2.9 release version.

Because submarines didn't target just transports in the World Wars - in fact their main objectives where to sink any vessels and there wasn't difference between transports or warships.

I would like to see Vincentz's Silent Hunter mod in 2.9 too.
I don't want to clutter basic RoM with optional modules. Since Vincentz's modules are already available here and they are in Afforess' AND, I don't see any need to add it.

Had this error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "BugEventManager", line 378, in _handleConsumableEvent
File "autologEventManager", line 307, in onKbdEvent
AttributeError: 'CvColorInfo' object has no attribute 'getXmlVal'

EDIT: Also got these, dont know if they mean anything or not?

Also what is that 3 radius stuff?
I guess I should report that BUG mod bug to BUG team... I think autologEventManager is exactly same as in BUG mod.

Those LSystem Leaf messages are just warnings, nothing to worry about. :)

The radius between cities was increased to 3 based on some discussions in Better BtS AI forum where there was talk about AIs building their cities too close to each other. This change was added to help AIs develop their empire better. Human player usually places his/her cities at least 3 plots away anyway, so why AIs shouldn't do the same?

Well, I knew there would be some ackward city placement situations when human player strategically plans the city placement but as said above the change was made to help the AI players. I'll have to see some games and get solid feedback about this change before I decide if the change stays for v3.0 or if I should revert it back to BtS default value.

The AI's struggle on immortal is probably caused by the building costs on harder difficulty levels but I'm not sure about this - it could be result of Better BtS AI too. It could be caused by AIs' civic choices too.. there's so many factors that affect AI's decision making on what to build in a city that it's going to be hard to improve the situation.

The chinese cannon and machine gun units
Thanks. I'll check those.

As the Human player I love those type situations. I would place that city in a heartbeat.

Send in a few good units to defend and the build culture adding buildings interspersed with food/production bldgs. Eventually taking overlapping tiles from that nearby AI city. Of course I still Like the Cultural Victory and tile flipping by Culture. Some players don't.

JosEPh

I also cant talk to anyone, all the leaders when I go to talk to them, I cant pick any of the options. They are not there. I am running windows 7, just so u know?

I have run into a situation where the game simply stops running. Windows 7 closes the program with a message saying the program has encountered an error and is closing.

I did notice an error message in the event box on the main screen when I received a treasure. I didn't jot down the message and when I went to look for it in the event box you open when hitting ctrl-tab, I cannot find it. I move the treasure to another city, but that was several turns ago

I have tried a couple of scenarios with that treasure, including deleting it, but cannot get past 1526 AD.

I have attached the one log I have, but I'm not sure how much help it woulde be

I am running Windows 7, AMD Athlon II X4 620 processor (2.6 Ghz), 6GB Ram, 64-bit operating system

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide

Michaelb

Attachments

• Michael between 1524 and 1526.txt
    2 KB · Views: 88
I have run into a situation where the game simply stops running. Windows 7 closes the program with a message saying the program has encountered an error and is closing.

I have tried a couple of scenarios but cannot get past 1526 AD.

I have attached the one log I have, but I'm not sure how much help it woulde be

I am running Windows 7, AMD Athlon II X4 620 processor (2.6 Ghz), 6GB Ram, 64-bit operating system

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide

Michaelb

I ran into a similar problem with one date, but all i had to do (for some weird reason) was go into the autosave and pick one date before the problem and it worked its way around the problem, told you it was weird?:crazyeye:

The radius between cities was increased to 3 based on some discussions in Better BtS AI forum where there was talk about AIs building their cities too close to each other. This change was added to help AIs develop their empire better. Human player usually places his/her cities at least 3 plots away anyway, so why AIs shouldn't do the same?

Well, I knew there would be some ackward city placement situations when human player strategically plans the city placement but as said above the change was made to help the AI players. I'll have to see some games and get solid feedback about this change before I decide if the change stays for v3.0 or if I should revert it back to BtS default value.

The AI's struggle on immortal is probably caused by the building costs on harder difficulty levels but I'm not sure about this - it could be result of Better BtS AI too. It could be caused by AIs' civic choices too.. there's so many factors that affect AI's decision making on what to build in a city that it's going to be hard to improve the situation.

Thanks. I'll check those.

See in the attached map, and i have alot of them this way, that was made for building cities in certain area's and with this "radius stuff" it just isnt plausible for alot of maps to work correctly, and makes for useless empty spaces?:(

I guess they never heard of "The Burbs":p

I don't want to clutter basic RoM with optional modules. Since Vincentz's modules are already available here and they are in Afforess' AND, I don't see any need to add it.

Vincetz' Silent Hunter isn't in AND (at least not the current 1.64 version)
I know, because I've tried to run Vincentz' Silent Hunter and Sea Harvest modmods with AND - still not succesfully... :undecide:

Sorry if posted before, but :

Iron Frigate req Steel AND Steampower, but Steel req Steampower.
Heavy Cruiser is better than Battleship, but have same prereq and is less expensive.
Modern Destroyer req Sonar AND Submarine Warfare, but Sonar req Sub Warfare.
BS Yamato is a nuclear ship (Modern Battleship)? AFAIK it was a diesel ship which was sunk in April '45.
Torpedo Boat is a diesel ship, but req Coal
Battlecruiser and Dreadnaught is practial same same.
Battlecruiser req is Combustion AND Industrialism, but Industrialism req is Combustion.

Just some interesting reading on the subject ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battleship

Top Bottom