1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rise of Mankind 2.9 torrents

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rise of Mankind' started by zappara, Mar 12, 2010.

1. phrawzty

phrawzty Chieftain

Wow, great seeds ! Took me about 6 minutes. Fantastic. :)

2. Foby

Foby Chieftain

Wow, that's fantastic!

3. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

Could someone with a fast upload speed upload 2.92 somewhere?

4. Dzorror

Dzorror Chieftain

I 2nd that.

5. Opferlamm

Opferlamm Chieftain

as requested (click me)

6. braydog92

braydog92 Chieftain

I can't for the life of me, figure out how to get this mod to work. I try unpacking it with 7-zip. Will it work doing it like that? All of the way's, torrent file and rar file, don't work for me. Must I have WinRar or torrent? Can I do it without those programs?

7. Zmon

Zmon Chieftain

Im not sure why everyones too over an hour mine took like 10 minuts. but anyways what do i do after the download is done?

8. djknuddel

djknuddel Chieftain

After download is finished you first have to unpack/unzip the file. I suggest to use 7zip for that because its the best program so far. And then you'll have to search for your Civ4/Beyond the Sword/Mods folder and put all the unpacked files in a folder named "Rise of Mankind" there. If you start the game you can go to the point Load a mod and select there Rise of Mankind. This will take a while. And after finished this you can start a game and have fun.

Be sure to have the latest patch 3.19 - this is required for this mod.

9. Tlc2011

Tlc2011 Pixel Cat

Make a non Torrent version.
    I don't want to get a torrent client.

10. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

Look at post 45 above.

11. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

12. Gleen Cross

Gleen Cross Chieftain

I'm seeding and i love this mod =) Thanks Zappa.

Well, i have one question and a couple of sugestion for possible updates ^^ Nothing serius but... first, there's a way to change the game "pace".. or the Time to be more straightforward. I mean, in my game (a typical Civ marathon), I enter in the Classic Era in the year of 2500 BC... and i got surprised in the beggining, the time stated 6000 years before Christ? Damn 'o'

I dont played as much but, in this pace, I will get in the Medieval era after 100 or 200 years AC possibly... thats 'strange', lol. Amazingly as if looks, in Civ V the time flows by in a "right" way or something. I played pushing the tempo with the Mongols to get the Cavalry units faster, and yet playing like this.. i get in the medieval era in the year of 1000, 1100 AC. Thats a nice touch for the ones who likes some history veracity like me =)

And the sugestions... its only 'cosmetics' but.. In another mod called "A new Dawn", theres some graphics that seem more cool to me =) The icons are more well designed, the original Icons of Civ 4 is "older" in my opinion.. the ones in this mod looks like more updated and advanced, combining with the mod. And I play briefly with every cultural Civ in the mod.. and i found the explorer unit of the Indians Civilizations a little "out of context", they are equal to the europeans graphicaly.. i know there's not much fans of the indians out there.. but i'm liked then xD Every Civ in the game have a nice treatment, hell of a good job Zappa :] I will return here time by time to see more updates. And sorry for the bad english ^^ Is not my "first" language.

Abraços de um fã do Brasil o/

13. gerwalk

gerwalk Chieftain

Can someone provide a step by step walk-through for un-raring things for non-techies? I downloaded Stuffit Expander and cannot open the doc. Thanks.

14. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

.rar is a compression utility just like .zip.
    There is a Free trial version you can download to compress or in this case un-compress the files.
    If you already have .rar just right click on the d/l select Extract to.... and it will decompress the files into the folder named.

It's not hard. :)

JosEPh

15. gerwalk

gerwalk Chieftain

Thanks JosEPh. I've used 7-Zip to extract it a few times. Extracting it creates 3 files but the program does not work

16. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

1st: What are the 3 files called?

2nd: Where did you extract it to (specific place)?

JosEPh

17. gerwalk

gerwalk Chieftain

Thanks JosEPh

RiseofMankind2.9.rar.torrent, size 18KB
    RiseofMankind2.9Torrent, size 1KB
    RiseofMankind2.9Torrent.ini.bak, size 1KB

2: Extracted to: Mod folder in BtS folder

18. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I think you already have a solution from the other thread and your conversation with sattrapper. Plus what I added.

JosEPh