Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn

just open shortcut properties and add int he target box mod=\Mod name ie

"W:\games\civ4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\gand

Awesome thanks :)

If you have visited the AND sub forum and have installed the SVN, then there is a New version up today, 598. Yes there is a Thread that walks you thru How to get the SVN version.

JosEPh :)

I once downloaded this particular mod and while it was of amazing quality it tended to crash at around modern age, on large maps. Not a MAF's error, but rather simply crashing once you hit "Next Turn" and screen freezes in place. I think I'll try it again and simply play smaller maps and see if I still have problems.

Other-wise, great mod!!!

What is the 3 GB switch?

Take a look here. For this to work, of course, you need to have at least 3 GB available. It does as Microsoft states, but it also causes anomalies outside the game. I suggest using it only while playing, and running a vanilla version of your OS, otherwise.

Hi all
Is there any ways to have more diversity between nations in this amazing mod?
I really hate seeing europeans look same as every other european nations :confused:
Thank you

I am also having problems with the mod crashing at times. sometimes it helps to restart the game or reload. but not this time. this time it crashed around 1765 (if I remember right). I am playing a huge map with 34 civs. my computer should have no problems running it. I have also updated windows (7) and graphic card. it's a gaming computer bought 1 year ago, so it would be strange if it is the computer.

edit: 1576, not 1765. and I am not sure if it's the same mod. it says A New Dawn only when I load the mod

edit 2: it seemed ok, but then it crashed in 1578...

Hi all!
I have about Rise of Mankind two questions:
1. How to disable the event when a civilization from the barbarians, when the "Great Leader Churchill tribes gathered around him!" And the onset of the heap once spears, and more. I redid some fashion for themselves, multiplied by the geometric scale technology. The first column on 2, the second at 3, etc. I'm sick of the situation when I finish building the fifth spearman, but I have technology can already build knight! :( Slowed progress in general, in the end technology "future technology" I was 21 the multiplier and it was worth 550,000! Only long game only hardcore! :)
But it turns out later that I even do not have technology to produce spears, and AI attacks with units that you want to iron! Let how much new civil had troops in the "declaration of independence" from the barbarians, so be it!
2. Can anyone tell what is this error? For some reason I sometimes triggered a revolution, and I think that every time instead of this error should happen a revolution, but it does not happen! And it creates a huge empire without paying attention that he slavery, no religion at all! I take away all the religions! I have the strategy to study all religions at all costs! Then the money from the city and religions contain spending expansion. And companies are 19 cities with a population in the order backlog of technology and out of religion!

P.S. Sorry for my bad English :)

Hi!

I'm new to this forum so I hope that you will be nice to me :) and kindly guide me to the right thread if my question already has been answered somewhere else.

Although I have searched both this forum and googled and found that several people have hade the same problem but no one has got an answer.

OK, the problem:

I cannot load saved game files in multiplayer. Or the other one can't - if I'm the one hosting the game.

The person trying to connect can get in to the lobby and choose civ/leader and check "ready", but then it says on the screen "Load failed" "Failed to uncompress game data". And the whole program crashes.

This only happens when we play Rise of Mankind A New Dawn, not when we're playing the regular Beyond the Sword.

I have tried to reinstall everything, even Civ4, by using this guide: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=408537
(I install Civ4 and BtS-expansion from CD:s and have downloaded the patches and the Rise of Mankind A New Dawn-mod from the internet.)

But it still doesn't work, despite reinstallation.

One thing that I thought would solve the problem was to remove an old game folder that wasn't autodeleted when I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, so I manually deleted the folder afterwards - but no change.

I hade wondered but I don't think it has something to do with the internet connection. It's the same with both my husband, who is using the same router as me and we're connecting via LogMeIn Hamachi, and with a friend sitting in another country. (Although we also used Hamachi and Direct IP to connect.)

I always right click when I open Beyond the Sword and choose to run the game as an administrator. I have also tried to press Shift when opening the game. But nothing seems to help. I can start and/or join new games with other players but not save, exit and reload the save file. I just get the message "Load failed" "Failed to uncompress game data" and the game crashes. If I'm hosting, this happens to the other player.

I do believe that the problem lies with my computer since other people can play Civ4 - Beyond the Sword - Rise of Mankind A New Dawn, in multiplayer, without any problems.

But WHAT could be the problem?!

It would be fantastic if some one does have an answer to my question. I'm not sure that it has to do with this mod, but I'm posting here because this is the game I'm playing and LOVING.
Single playing works just fine.
It would be so sad if I can't get it to work in multiplayer. I haven't given up on it yet - I really hope that some one has a solution. I would be eternally grateful! :D

If this is the wrong thread, please guide me to the right one!

/General Lie

PS. I don't know if this is important information, but I'm using an Acer Aspire laptop 64 bit OS with about 3,5 free GB RAM, Windows 7 Home Premium.

Hi, I'm having trouble installing the mod. I'm sure it's not a bug but at the moment I can't figure out what's wrong.

I have the latest version of BTS and am on Windows 7 64 bit.

I've followed the installation instructions to the letter and the mod does install to an extent but something isn't right. First, there is no civilopedia entry "A New Dawn Concepts". The mod directory is there and I can run it, but it takes a very long time to start, maybe 3 or 4 minutes.

But as I said, I've followed the instructions. Downloaded the mod and patch to the BTS/Mods directory, set the program to Run as Admin and ran the installer. Then the patch. It seemed to work but obviously hasn't properly.

The directory structure I have now under BTS/Mods is as follows:

Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn
- Assets (dir)
- Docs (dir)
- PrivateMaps (dir)
- UserSettings (dir)
- CvAltRoot.py
- Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn.ini
- Rise of Mankind readme.html
- Rise of Mankind version history.txt
- Rise of Mankind Config.ini

During installation I only got 3 options to choose, UI colour, and whether to use blue marble and formations. I got the impression there were more.

The only odd thing that happened was that the download stopped for a time before re-starting. I originally thought I might have a corrupt file, but I've re-downloaded the file and tried re-installing but with the same result. Am I supposed to run the installer from somewhere else? The files seem to be in the right place though.

I could have done something really dumb, but I've managed to install all the other mods, so I'm scratching my head a bit with this. Hope someone can help. Oh, when the mod does eventually start, it uses the right UI colour. I didn't try playing it because there was obviously a problem somewhere.

I think you all do better to get a response if you go to the A New Dawn forum, which is a subforum of the RoM forum. There you can also learn how to download the current version of AND which isn't the version you get from the official downloads database.

I think you all do better to get a response if you go to the A New Dawn forum, which is a subforum of the RoM forum. There you can also learn how to download the current version of AND which isn't the version you get from the official downloads database.

Alright thanks, I'll re-download the file from there.

Hi!
<snip>
OK, the problem:

I cannot load saved game files in multiplayer. Or the other one can't - if I'm the one hosting the game.

The person trying to connect can get in to the lobby and choose civ/leader and check "ready", but then it says on the screen "Load failed" "Failed to uncompress game data". And the whole program crashes.

This only happens when we play Rise of Mankind A New Dawn, not when we're playing the regular Beyond the Sword.

Means someone's version is different than the other players.

<snip>

I hade wondered but I don't think it has something to do with the internet connection. It's the same with both my husband, who is using the same router as me and we're connecting via LogMeIn Hamachi, and with a friend sitting in another country. (Although we also used Hamachi and Direct IP to connect.)

I always right click when I open Beyond the Sword and choose to run the game as an administrator. I have also tried to press Shift when opening the game. But nothing seems to help. I can start and/or join new games with other players but not save, exit and reload the save file. I just get the message "Load failed" "Failed to uncompress game data" and the game crashes. If I'm hosting, this happens to the other player.

I do believe that the problem lies with my computer since other people can play Civ4 - Beyond the Sword - Rise of Mankind A New Dawn, in multiplayer, without any problems.

But WHAT could be the problem?!

Do you have the same settings (all settings) as the other 2 players?

Are you using Max Compat Save Format and the others are not? O the opposite, they are and You are not?

It would be fantastic if some one does have an answer to my question. I'm not sure that it has to do with this mod, but I'm posting here because this is the game I'm playing and LOVING.
Single playing works just fine.
It would be so sad if I can't get it to work in multiplayer. I haven't given up on it yet - I really hope that some one has a solution. I would be eternally grateful! :D

If this is the wrong thread, please guide me to the right one!

/General Lie

PS. I don't know if this is important information, but I'm using an Acer Aspire laptop 64 bit OS with about 3,5 free GB RAM, Windows 7 Home Premium.

One last thing, any version of Rise of Mankind-A New Dawn that is not currently coming from the AND Resurrection Team is out dated and has no support left (Zappara and Afforess stopped modding some time ago). http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=369 is active forum for RoM-AND2.0.

JosEPh

Thanks to pointing to AND2.

But I have two questions: a) can I install AND2 in addition to AND, or will it replace AND ? b) If I install AND2, can I load and play my "old" AND games ?

Thanks to pointing to AND2.

But I have two questions: a) can I install AND2 in addition to AND, or will it replace AND ? b) If I install AND2, can I load and play my "old" AND games ?

A. If you have 2 versions Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn installed there will be an .ini problem when you load either one up after using the other version. It's best to only have 1 version in the BtS\Mod folder. You can keep the other version in a folder someplace outside of the Civ IV directory, like in My Documents. Then you can copy/paste which ever version you wish to play into the Bts\Mod folder and play that one.

B. Depends upon what version the "old" savegames came from. Only real way to find out is load up the latest AND2.0 svn version 604 and then load one of the "old" saves and see if it plays. It will of course ask to do a Re-Calc because the modifiers and assets will have changed. Do the Re-Calc (click yes when asked) and give it a go.

JosEPh

Hey guys!
I've been using ROM for ages now and I love it..
Only recently have I noticed AND2 exists: I really thought ROM and AND were the same thing..

So, from what I've gathered this far, AND2 is derived from ROM, right? What are the differences between the two? Does AND2 have all the features of ROM 2.92 or did they fork before that version?

Thanks for the help!
Cheers

Has anyone else had problems getting the mod to start up? Mine always closes due to error.

Has anyone else had problems getting the mod to start up? Mine always closes due to error.

Nope. works great from either the Mod Chooser, or from the load mod option. Shortcut works fine as well. You on Win7?

Top Bottom