1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Afforess, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Terser

Terser Anti-tank Spearman

So I've recently plunged back into Civ IV after years away and have went on a mod-downloading binge. This one seems pretty sweet but I'm experiencing a problem...
    Started two separate games so far--played both till around 1000AD. In both cases i was unable to build any units at all--no settlers, no workers, no warriors. The only things I could build were buildings for which I had the requisite tech and resources. Mind you, the icon to build the units still appeared in the city state's build selection bar. The icons were grayed-out, however, and there was nothing in the mouse-over or the civlopedia that indicated what I was doing wrong.
    Is this a feature of this mod? Or am I missing a basic setting? I've searched pretty diligently through this thread and several others relating to ROM/AND and even googled using different search parameters. No joy.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

3. stp52x

stp52x Chieftain

I had this exact same problem!

The reason I had the problem was because I had installed the 1.75c patch after installing the latest ROM-New Dawn 2.

It's working perfectly fine now, but the population of the cities has been dramatically reduced.

A size 31 city has only 300,000 people. Does anyone whether this is a feature of the mod or what could have caused this?

4. Doomspark

Doomspark Chieftain

Downloaded this and enjoying it immensely. Well done!

5. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Thank you.

And more to come yet.

JosEPh :)

6. Nimek

Nimek Emperor

Does AND 2.1 contains Koshling graphic paging and AI naval invasion fix?

7. xxpantherxx

xxpantherxx Chieftain

Hi!
    Beyond the Sword works just fine with direct connect IP over Evolve VPN. LAN multiplayer.

However with both players using Rise of Man: A New Dawn, we get de-synced very quickly into the game. By like the 2nd or 3d turn we get de-synced. Does anyone know a work around for this? ROM AND is more entertaining than vanilla so we would like to find a resolution. By the way it says something about OOS (or something similiar) numbers out of sync, have the player with the wrong number reconnect.

8. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

The paging is on the list of to do's, not sure about AI Naval invasion, I think 45* has put that one in.

JosEPh

9. fukinagashi86

fukinagashi86 Chieftain

Hi guys, can i ask you something?
    I'm playing again after years and i don't rembember if before the patch 1.75C we could change civs (form of government) into communism, 'cause now i can't display it.
    So, if i want to build a marxist-like nation (and display a relative name with dynamic civic name) how can i do now?
    I've tried so much times but i can't do it,
    for example, if i wanna build a Stalin's USSR like nation i should change into:
    federal, president, planned economy, marxist society, atheist, standing army, socialized welfare.
    But dinymic civics names don't change.

So, i rembember, (and in Rise of mankind civlopedia there is an article about it) in previous releases there was civic "communism" in state form civic list (like democracy, fascist, federal) why i can't find it now?
    Maybe i've installed wrong this mod?

Someone can help me?
    Thank you! ^.^

10. iyyillius

iyyillius Warlord

Couldn't get enough of this mod when I was playing Civ IV..... any talk of making a similar mod for Civ 5 ?

11. Drakarska

Drakarska Epic Dadness

This ought to be interesting :mischief::cringe::rotfl:

12. Jwitti

Jwitti Judas Maccabeus

Don't ask don't do it noooooooo [pissed]

Seriously though, this mod's been dead for quite a long time, and truth-be-told, the people who've continued it (Caveman2Cosmos comes to mind) would rather go through a million lines of code one-by-one..

also a of of their changes are impossible to replicate in Civ V because they require access to the DLL, which is locked for Civ V.

(PS come back to Civ IV it's totally worth it)

13. Drakarska

Drakarska Epic Dadness

:groucho: 15 love Jwitti. Your serve ilyyius :D

Agree with Jwitti on this one. I really don't see it happening for "The most moddable Civ game ever" as there appears to be incompatibility issues (just my opinion, no offense intended).

14. Meop79

Meop79 Chieftain

I can't get the mod to load, at all. It starts to load and then Civ4 goes CTD with no error messages except the windows this program quit error message...

Any help? :)

Matthew

15. Drakarska

Drakarska Epic Dadness

Are you on a WIN8 sys?

16. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Are you patched to the Official 3.19 Patch. Mod won't load if your BtS is not patched to 3.19.

JosEPh

17. Pomphis

Pomphis Warlord

A question: I have it for some time, and my readme says it´s 2.92.

18. God-Emperor

God-Emperor Deity

The version of RoM was 2.92, but the version of AND on top of it never hit 2 in an actual release until the "reboot" (which is why it was made as version 2).

If you hover the cursor over your flag in the game you should see more version info for what you have installed.

19. Alchemind

Alchemind Warlord

Quit adding more features. Just make it stable. Thank you.

20. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Your more than Welcome to give it a go on making it "stable" for everyone.

JosEPh