1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rise of Mankind - Addons (by Jooyo)

Discussion in 'RoM Modmods' started by jooyo, Mar 17, 2009.

1. os79

os79 Deity

You mean that in 2.71, Custom whatever will be turned off, right?

2. jooyo

jooyo Warlord

Maybe not turned off but will don't work. Only folders from MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml file will work. Of course it's possible to add more but I want to use existing one.

3. Seidrik_The_Gray

Seidrik_The_Gray Seidrik The Gray

I will try this and see if that is the issue!

4. os79

os79 Deity

It seems as I playtested fresh installation of RoM with all your and Vincentz and few other mods that does not use the gamecore you provided works just fine. No CtD at all. Nothing.

So it is definitely the incompatibility between your gamecore file and my computer and maybe few others that is the problem. That is a GREAT disappointment because I WANT! your slavery and Vincentz industry mods! :(

5. jooyo

jooyo Warlord

Have you tried new coreDLL from one of above post?

6. os79

os79 Deity

You mean this post?

Yes, I did install that too. Still crashed on me.

7. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

Excellant work on your mods Jooyo. I really enjoy them.

However, I have a question for you. How hard would it to change the SDK to allow civics to interact with one another; for example, if I used socialized with senate civics together, to get +1 healthiness. I want to use this with my ideology civics to reward or punish certain civic combinations. How hard would this be to do?

8. jooyo

jooyo Warlord

I don't know how hard, but everything is possible to do in SDK. Hovewer the hardest is will making it modular and I will only make changes for modular modmods. For my opinion the best and fastest way is to do this changes in Python. If I will have idea how to make it I will do, for this day I can't and haven't any idea :(

9. os79

os79 Deity

Hello, I downloaded Dependency walker. Please get that. Then download this attachment. I think you may want to see what you can see. Hopefully, it will give you any hints at all.
    Thanks!

10. jooyo

jooyo Warlord

Thanks! this will be useful :) I will attach new, compiled version on sunday for tests :)

hm strange you have more errors than I.

Your don't have this files:
    msvcp71.dll
    msvcr71.dll

Please try install THIS and test game one more time. I don't know why my dll requires this but I will try solve the problem.

11. Seidrik_The_Gray

Seidrik_The_Gray Seidrik The Gray

So, does this mean one has to have a 64-bit capable CPU and OS to run your DLL?

12. os79

os79 Deity

I installed that thing then installed your gamecore and played. I still crashed in between 2500 and 1500 BCE. Playing Snail speed in GEM 4 Civ map. BarbCiv, No tech brokering, no tech trading, tech diffusion, and dynamic names. These are the SAME options I use to play now with original RoM gamecore. No crashes so far. I'm now in early first millenium BCE in that game.

That is weird that I can play with RevDCM 2.5 gamecore OK but not your gamecore.

I will wait for Sunday like you said for another dll. Hope it works.

13. os79

os79 Deity

I noticed that if I don't use BarbCiv in regular RoM and have 14 civs(that is how many civs I got from GEM for 2.7 [Old World]), I got real fast turns from get-go. As opposed to BarbCivs because it lags my game real bad when civs increase. I even tried regular 2.7 GEM with 38!!! civs. It was playable but it had 5 or 6 little globe revolutions (the one that indicate RoM is busy playing AI) from the start!

So I'm going to try again and play your gamecore WITHOUT BarbCivs on and if it works then we can blame it on BarbCivs. If I still crash, then well... Onto new hypothesis...

EDIT--- The hypothesis is wrong! So it is not BarbCiv or Revolution because I ran NEITHER of them while playtesting.

So on to next hypothesis or to next gamecore version. We will see!

14. Sarkyn

Sarkyn Warlord

Bonjour Jooya,

I'm afraid I have CTD's that I can only trace to the new DLL as well.

Would you like my save?

It's Emperor level.
    BTS 3.19
    ROM 2.7
    Vincenz's project folder
    Your addons and DLL.
    Castles

And that's it...

Attached Files:

15. rwglaub

rwglaub Prince

I am so glad that I followed the links here...

16. mportela

mportela Chieftain

I'm sorry to report that using this dll also breaks my game and doesn't work :(

17. Avka

Avka Chieftain

Hi ! , first let me say thnx and great work on the new stuff , love it.

On to the DLL thingie , it seems that i too have a problem with 1.11 , basicaly cities canon be razed any longer (whether someoneone conquers a 1 pop city or you try to remove it in world builder) , it is changed to pop 0 city with 1 square of culture but not removed and game CTDs with error in DLL on turn click. When i reverted to 1.10 DLL everything went back to normal.

(also as a note while i dont use enslavement, the slave unit could be interfeering with aarandas Units mod , as Forzed worker uses same files\directory as ur slave)

I have

BTS 3.19
    ROM 2.7
    Vincenz's project folder
    Yours (terraforming\3plot\forest\jungle\better terrain-leaderheads) and DLL.
    AAranda`s mods (corps\buildings\religions\units\events\traits)

18. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

Just a note.
    I dont think its because 64bit. I'm running a 32bit vista without problems (Coredll 1.10).

BUT... I limited barbcivs development by making them develop to minor civs at citysize 5 instead of 2 (default). I also removed the christianity and UN modmods as I looked them over and they seemed strange in their XML. I also installed the new python for the revolutions, as the road system was bugged with RoM/new REVDCM. Alltogether a much better 2.7 where the AI can develop. Still needs a patch for the Events, otherwise everything is great.

One question Jooyo. Why replace the Defaults Schemafiles with the Coredll? IMO they are not needed and will only result in a lot of <info type NONE not found>.

19. jooyo

jooyo Warlord

No, I don't know whats going on :/

Please download this. I have compiled it again with some changes that maybe will help. :)

OK I will check it. What OS are you using?

I'm working on it :)

Thanks for note. I will fix it.

Maybe you are right and I will make schemas in other archive... but this will don't fix any bugs. <info type NONE not found> errors are very often in vanilla RoM.

20. Sarkyn

Sarkyn Warlord

Windows 7, Build 7100.
    64-bit Ultimate.

For reference, my computer spec:

Intel i7 920 8-core 64-bit CPU
    6GB RAM (3x 2GB Triple Channel)
    Asus Triple channel Motherboard
    Asus ATI Radeon 8570

The game is installed on the 256 GB Solid State Drive (SATA-II).

It runs very smoothly and quickly :) Barring the odd CTD :>