Rise of Mankind Requirements

Russianlord

Chieftain
Hello, all my life I've been bogged down by a computer with integrated graphics and weak processor, but soon I'm finally getting a good rig. I've been stuck playing on small sizes with 4 or 5 civilizations, and my game would lag in the middle ages anyways.

My new computer has 8 gigs ram, quad core 4.2 AMD, and a 1 gig video memory.

My dream has always been to play RoM on a gigantic map with 10-15 civilizations. Do you guys think my new computer could handle that without bothersome lag? (I understand there will always be some lag).

Thanks!

And I have an extra 80 bucks to spend, should i upgrade my processor, or my video card?

And I have an extra 80 bucks to spend, should i upgrade my processor, or my video card?

Video card. And I'm sure you haven't, but don't forget the 64-bit OS. :p

Thanks man, I'll probably upgrade to a 2 gig video card, I'm ordering my parts on Monday, and I'm having trouble sleeping because I'm so anxious to play civilization like a real man.

The most important thing is to get a 64-bit machine. Video card and RAM come second. Civ only utilizes so much RAM so 8 gigs is plenty. 1G video card is more than fine as well as long as it is a good card.

What the 64-bit machine does is eliminate the MAF errors that make large modpacks and maps prohibitive.

Regardless of how great your machine is, Civ is going to slow down after a while. Alt-tab helps with this or simply rebooting the machine. Civ has memory limitations and leaks that no machine can really eliminate, but MAF errors are a huge issue. Never had a MAF error after getting a 64-bit.

(By the way, this sub-forum is not the main Mods forum or RoM sub-forum. It's for the delivered scenarios. RoM has its own forum if you have specific questions about it.)

Hello,

My computer crashed so I shifted to an identical one but before I had time to save my last ROM game.
I downloaded ROM 2.91 and have the 3.19 patch.

I try to load my last ROM save on the new computer and the game tells me something like "Error loading 302. Version expected 301 or lower".

Note that I am not so sure to have pached the game. When I launch the patch, nothing seems to happen.
Also when I load a Mod, Rise Of Mankind is available in the list. But the game crashes when I select it.

Top Bottom