1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rise of Mankind screenshots and videos

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rise of Mankind' started by zappara, Dec 8, 2009.

1. fox456

fox456 Warlord

@ Dancing Hoskuld,

In looking at your screenshot, I noticed that all of your resources are displayed very neatly. In my game, there are scroll bars that I have to use to navigate through my resources (once I get to a certain point) and the scroll bars overlap the resources, making them hard to see. Can you tell us what you did to make your city's resources appear so clearly?

2. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I would say that it is my screen resolution, which is 1280 by 1024.

3. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

lucky you, my scroll bars don't work :(

4. generalstaff

generalstaff Steadfast

I found screenshot I took back in 2.62. It is of an interesting shot of the AI, who managed to have a 4 religion holy city.

Attached Files:

5. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I have had similar happen in one of my cities in 2.81 pre AAranda's religion mod. With AAtanda's Religions mod, if you are going for all the religions like I do, getting four religions founded in the one city is not hard. Playing this style game with revolutions on, is hard :)

6. generalstaff

generalstaff Steadfast

I know it is not hard for the player, but the fact that the AI did it is what astounded me. Of course, the map also shows that an AI player almost took over their continent, which is more common than it should be.

7. fox456

fox456 Warlord

@ civ_king:

I had that problem too. I couldn't get my resource scroll bars to work. A member of the forum gave me a suggestion that worked:

Use your mouse to click in the column of the resources you want to view. Then, use your mouse wheel to scroll up and down through the list.

Hope this works for you.

8. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

9. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

He must try playing with "A New Dawn"!! It would make the early game less boring.

10. konradcabral

konradcabral Prince

Untrue, unfair and a little rude.

11. civ_king

I believe what he is referring to is that AND has the Early Buildings modmod merged in so you can build buildings and not spew out units and delete them, also AND is faster than RoM because of Afforess' tweaks, also I do not believe Hydromancerx meant it as an insult, also keep in mind that AND is not as stable as RoM and many players have both AND ad RoM

I apologize if this post appears rude (not intended) but your post was not very nice

12. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

I'm sorry Konradcabral, I don't understand your post. If you don't like AND, that's fine, but I'd prefer you didn't slander me.

That is also incorrect. AND 1.54 is actually MORE stable than vanilla RoM. I've eliminated the cause of all known CTD's at this point, some that even RoM has, but AND doesn't.

13. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

"A New Dawn" is a mod for "Rise of Mankind" that incorporate other ROM mods all into one. The one i was specifically talking about was "Early Buildings" which helps long games become more exciting than just clicking enter a million times. In short ...

1. That's your opinion.

2. If anything it makes the early games more balanced.

3. Well your comment back seemed rule too. :p

14. konradcabral

konradcabral Prince

I love AND, I play with it. Explanation down.

It was untrue when you said that early RoM is boring, unfair when you depreciate Zap's work and rude when you do it in the RoM forum. But that's just an opinion, like you said.

15. civ_king

:coffee: I just realized I'm playing with an older version of AND :o

16. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Well I look at it like the 3 Stooges. If RoM is the 3 Stooges with Larry, Moe and Shemp its still very funny in its own right. But I think AND is like when they added Curly. Its just not the same without Curly. However it would be nothing without Larry (Civ 4) and Moe (RoM) originally. But then again some people just like Shemp. In short i like my stooges with Curly.

Oh a wise guy eh?

17. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

If you look at when those videos were posted you'd see that his game was started 3 months ago (I bet it's v2.71) and at that time there wasn't AND yet. ;)

18. konradcabral

konradcabral Prince

Now starts to make some sense. But what you really said was that Larry, Moe and Shemp alone were boring... But I'll let you in peace now...:p

19. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Yep I did notice. Which is another reason why. Maybe if it was made back then he would have used it.

Actually if we are still using the same analogy i said that "the opening credits (ie. early game) of Larry, Moe and Shemp were boring". Later in the show/film they get hysterical! Or in RoM's case "awesome". In short (using the film analogy) the "Early Buildings" are like the cartoon before the film. It takes nothing always from the main film but you are happy they put it in just the same.

20. DRJ

DRJ Hedonist

As there was a discussion about Hitler lately, I really have to post this civ-related video, making fun of the film "Der Untergang", which is about Hitlers last days. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUg3vJewyP0