Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends

Looks awesome. Sid Meier, eat your heart out.

Then again, I don't want it to become a Warcraft 3 clone.

Looks really fun. How will swordsmen compete against tanks though?

From one of the links I read about it:

"In addition to gorgeous graphics, Big Huge Games is licensing the Novadex physics engine. This will translate into realistic physics, of course, but to appreciate what this means to Rise of Legends, all you have to do is watch the chaos erupt when a towering city comes under siege. Towers collapse realistically, knocking down their neighbors, while huge pieces come crashing to Earth, smashing anything below. We even saw a humongous cannon get destroyed, and the heavy barrel fell and began rolling downhill, crushing everything in its path. It'll also be possible to both destroy bridges and create choke points on the map."

Now that sounds pretty darn cool to me. The whole game concept seems awesome.
Take two parts Rise of Nations, add one part Warcraft, one part Starcraft, simmer on medium heat, stirring occasionally until 2006. Serve and enjoy.

I think Reynolds will do a really good job w/ RoL. SMAC after all was his design, from my understanding.

Thats physics engine sound pretty cool, but I am not a fan of the whole "magic" thing, especially after I played Warcraft 3 to death. I would hqave loved to see rise of nations still be about civilizations on earth. Oh well....what can I do? Because I dont think we will ever get a RoN that goes back to earth, especially if RoL is a hit(which i can probably guarentee) they will start making those darned irresistible expansion packs.

I am just waiting for Age of Empires 3 (now that looks good!)

Oh great, one of *those* games...

Yep, I'll skip this one while waiting for AOE III.

I'm sure RoL will be totally awesome, but I just don't feel that the whole "magic" and "fantasy" suits RoN. they should leave those kind of game up to blizzard entertainment.

Still cant wait for AOE III, AOE II was possible one of the funnest games I have played, and I find that it does not get boring quickly at all

Hmm, a RTS game that takes place in a fanticy world. It does not spark my interest since I perfer playing RTS games that are in the real word :D.

Oh dear. A fantastic looking game, wasted by making it magical. Thing is, RoN has its fan base for what it is, and then most of thsoe fans went and bought Thrones and Patriots, so they obviously love the on earth civs thing. If it aint broke, dont fix it-RoN just needed an update, those graphics, and hell, even include the ultra modern techs, but leave the magic out and they'd have another smash hit. Instead, for me this is a Smah It. Ha.

looks gay...

o god not sword units fighting tanks... i hated that in civ!!

i think it looks good and if i can find it i'll probably get it, not into magic but meh just join up with the mechanical people and beat the **** out of harry and his little wizard friends :)

looks gay...
you didnt even like normal RON, stfu

ghostbuster said:
Because I dont think we will ever get a RoN that goes back to earth, especially if RoL is a hit(which i can probably guarentee) they will start making those darned irresistible expansion packs.

I'm sure RoL will be hit but I think RoN will go back to earth one day just like they made Empire Earth 2 even after Empires Dawn of the Modern World or whatever it was called.

Will RoL be similar to Civ? I never played RoN but RoL looks very appealing. It would be so cool to have tanks fighting magic people and stuff and knights fighting marines etc.

What will the system requirements be? I'm sure my processor will handle it (Athlon 64 3500+, 1 GB RAM) but will my graphics handle it? I have Radeon Xpress 200 which is integrated and is 128 MB (so my actual RAM is 128MB lower I guess)

I hope it comes out for PS3 or Xbox360 because otherwise I may just have to upgrade my computer for this!

O, on the official website there is a MIND BLOWING video -- you can download a 800x600 hi res version. Watch the video and you tell me you aren't excited about the game. The screenshots don't do any justice to the video. Video is like 1000 times better!

Vietcong said:
looks gay...

o god not sword units fighting tanks... i hated that in civ!!
Obviously if you hated the original you are not going to like the sequel. I am also amazed to know that somehow you have the amazing abillity to see units engage in homosexual behavior on some screenshots acording to you calling them "gay"

From what I've heard this is not a true sequel to Rise of Nations and is rather a branching off of the Rise of Nations franchise. At E3 Big Huge Games said the true sequel to Rise of Nations will be historically based.

Reynolds has never disappointed. This will be a first day purchase for me, no doubt.

Top Bottom