Rise of the American Empire

Georgia announces that it has inked a Non-Aggression Pact with New York City.

The Mandate is thankful of the peace demonstrated by our allies in the N.Y.C.

Spain:

It was the Spaniards who brought the banner of civilization deep into the lands you now call home many centuries ago.

Spain shall not welcome Iccan goods nor teachings so long as its rightful territory of Gibraltar is occupied. This in mind, it henceforth embargoes the Mandate.

Aww yes... the "civilization" that be the barbarism the Spainish Empire inflicted upon the peoples of the Americas. In many ways the White Plague was a definite karmic retribution upon you... but you can still be saved by the light of the Amok, just as many Hispanics are in one with the redeeming glory of the Iccan.

We welcome your embargo; it will make it easier for us to secure the waters of Gibraltar.

France:

The great French state greets its new friends from the Americas. France shall accept a non-aggression pact with the Mandate.

Iccan missionaries shall be welcome in France, as is the case with all faiths, so long as they do not engage in political activities in their capacity as missionaries.

France holds off on an alliance for the time being, but the President feels it might be a good idea in the near future.

We are pleased with the open minded nature of the French. The French will enjoy good relations with we Tlamihuans.

We are hopeful indeed of a alliance in the near future and will maintain our channels.

England

Short answer: No.

Long answer: No, no, no. Gibraltar is a rightful territory of the British Empire. His Majesty's Government is tolerant towards breakaway states such as the Bermudans because the namesake islands are not an immediate concern, but a strategic chokehold like Gibraltar, so thoroughly defended as being under the authority of Britain for centuries, is non-negotiable.

England henceforth embargoes the Mandate until its rightful jurisdiction over Gibraltar is heeded.

Forgive us... but is it Spain's or England's? May both powers make up their minds so we can know who to diplomacy with on the matter of the isle.

No matter: your fascist monarchy is a affront to the Divine Mandate anyway. We look to witness the Cherooka, who make false statement about our supposed "inhumanity," working with you.

We will not state who owns Gibraltar as long as England and Spain both claim it; this is reason alone for us to serve as its caretaker.

Portugal is secure in its beliefs, and shall open itself to Iccan traders and missionaries. We appreciate the offer of protection, but must decline so as to avoid irritating our close friends in England.

We will take pleasure in your openness and will not take offence to your friendships.

Catalonia is secure in its beliefs, but shall open itself to Iccan traders and missionaries. Catalonia shall accept the Mandate's protection of its independence, ever fearful what the fascists in Madrid are planning now that we have finally managed to break free from them after centuries of exploitation. Barcelona must stress that while it welcomes relations with the Mandate, it maintains political and diplomatic independence.

The Prophet be praised: you have chosen the right path! We will guard your realm from all who dare to exploit your peoples. Our missions and merchants will be on their way to link you with both salvation and the American trade networks. We will promise to maintain the political and diplomatic sovereignty of Catalonia. May peace reign supreme!

The Maghreb shall allow Iccan missionaries into its territory, but any adherents - as with all non-Muslim faiths - must pay the jizya. In addition, any apostates from Islam shall face exile or death should they not recant.

The Maghreb shall sign a non-aggression pact, but politely declines formal protection. The Caliph's people are largely proudly devoted Muslims, and to accept a guarantee not only implies His Grace as having weakness, but also dependence on a different faith.

We will respect the jizya.

We are pleased with the non-aggression pact. As for protection pact we will understand but will you will be open to a equal defence pact in light of Spanish and English aggressiveness?

News travels slowly in the post-plague world, so perhaps the Europeans are unaware of the typical stances taken by the Mandate, and of their past actions, but the Cherokee Nation strongly discourages entering into any sort of diplomatic agreement with the violent Theocrats to our south. They will only bring you strife and instability. Furthermore, we are not averse to cutting trade with any in Europe or Africa who accept the Iccanite's offer.

Heed not the lies of the hypercritical, for Cherokee sanctioned the unprovoked invasion of the American Republic. Our war was a defensive matter; Cherokee's friends was spit. As for "violence" we believe the Cherokee are using alternative facts; our observations show their cases are coming from unreliable sources.

In light of this we will declare that trade is a important live-blood and remind Cherokee that they lack shipping due to their landlocked status where we of the Mandate may provide them links to the sea. We hope the Cherokee do not vandalise their relations with us in the name of some paranoid fantasy. We strive for peace and prey that Cheookee realise that continued good relations with the Mandate is the grown up methodology of international politics. We look forward to conduct trade talks in linking Cherokee to Europa... if they are open to coming to the table with us and others who are interested in connecting the northern Americas by methodologies such as the Trans-American Railway or avoiding reliance on false sources of information.

We are glade those who have accepted deals with us in Afro-Eurasia have shown to not be threatened by the trade isolationism of the Cherokee.

Praise Tzin the Prophet of the Iccanites!

The member states of SEATO announce the founding of the American Mutual Assistance in Infrastructure Development Project, AMAID. This organization will seek an overall improvement of infrastructure through redistribution of investment money so those who have lower levels of infrastructure development can catch up. Each member state will pay 2% of their net EP, rounded to an even number, to AMAID and each member state will then receive a percentage of this money earmarked for infrastructure investments, the amount depending on the difference between their infrastructure levels and the average infrastructure levels among all members.

To: The European Powers

Stay away from the North, and we'll stay away from Europe.

President of France,

We propose a program of cultural exchange. We are starved for French conversational partners, and our historians wish for an opportunity to learn of the happenings in Europe and France following the demographic ruin of the Plague.

This is a joint statement from Bermuda, New York City and the Mandate of Tlamihua. As three major Atlantic naval powers we have agreed to support one another in making the following claims in the Macaronesian region:

Spoiler :

Spain

>Sees the Mandate taking the Canaries
>Embargoes the Mandate HARDER

Portugal

The Portuguese government recognizes the collapse of the Portuguese population on Madeira and the Azores, and will not contest the New Yorker or Bermudan acquisition of such islands.

The Navajo Nation regrets to announce that peace talks have broken down with the American Republic. While the Navajo continue to strive for an immediate ceasefire, under direct threats of genocide and invasion of neutral parties, the Navajo will continue hostilities.

To: Colorado

In support of its neighbours and friends, the Navajo Nation offers a guarantee of independence and a defensive alliance with Colorado against any aggression from the American Republic.

To: World

The American Republic is regretful to inform that hostilities between us and the Navajo shall continue. In our initial peace agreement, it was agreed that they would give up their occupied territories to us in exchange for peace. However, the Navajo refused to honor the peace treaty and despite several attempts at compromise from our part, they continued on their path towards war.

Their accusations of threats of genocide are just ludicrous, so we are not going to respond to them. The American Republic has been a nation committed to peace, multiculturalism and democracy.

We do wish to note however that our war is only against the Navajo and not against Pacifica who have kept their part of the deal.

To: Colorado

In support of its neighbours and friends, the Navajo Nation offers a guarantee of independence and a defensive alliance with Colorado against any aggression from the American Republic.

Colorado shall accept a defensive alliance with the Navajo.

"Good morning Bermuda, and welcome back to our live coverage of today's royal wedding. For those of you who just joined us, we here on Channel 2 will cover the ceremonies and everything around it live throughout the day. As we speak, guests are already arriving at the Cathedral of the Most Holy Trinity in advance of the 11 o'clock ceremony since there are a lot of them. Can you tell us more about that, Theresa?"

"Sure I can, the official guest list of the wedding has close to 1200 attendees which include the families of both spouses-to-be, representatives of our government and foreign governments, and of course personal guests invited by the couple themselves. Since you can't just send over a thousand people through the church doors at the same time without a stampede, some guests are already pulling up in front of the church."

"So who are these guests we can see entering the church now?"

"The early arrivals consist mostly of personal guests and lower level government officials. Within an hour or so, more distinguished guests will begin to arrive such as the Premier, the Governor-General of Florida and government representatives from other nations. Right now we can see entering the Cherokee sculptor Atsila Jyadus who has travelered here by ship with some big cargo believed to be one of her magnificient statues as a gift for the couple. She is also a personal friend of Mr Fergusson from his college days in Tulsa where he studied Art History as an exchange student."

"And with that, we hand over to local news. We'll be back soon with more coverage on the wedding of Crown Prince George. Stay tuned."

"It's getting closer to 10 and the guests keep coming to the Cathedral of the Most Holy Trinity where the wedding ceremony of Crown Prince George and Mr Jonathan Fergusson will begin at 11. Theresa, can you tell me, who's who on this massive guest list we have today?"

"Certainly. Of the 1200 guests, many of those who were invited as personal friends to the couple are already inside and we expect the arrival of the Diplomatic Corps shortly along with representatives of the Bermudian governments and other foreign delegations. The most prominent of these guests are of course Premier Pamela Swan, Leader of the Opposition Patrick Brown, and representatives of the Commonwealth nations; the Governor-General of Florida and the President of Carolina."

"Thank you for that, so who make up these other foreign delegations you speak of?"

"Good question. Most nations are only sending their Ambassadors to Bermuda as representatives of their government, which is a natural move for republican governments since they don't have any royal families. There are very few other monarchies on the American continent but the Governor-General of Alberta is attending on behalf of the King of England in his position as King of Alberta. The SEATO nations, who are close allies of Bermuda, each have a delegation comprising of their head of state including the President of Louisiana Bob Jackson and Jacob Castro, also known as "El Gano", from Los Salvado..."

"And I'm going to have to stop you there, Theresa, sorry for that. We have just heard from the Church that The Most Reverend Archbishop of Bermuda has had a sudden heart attack and is being taken by ambulance to King Edward VII Memorial Hospital right this minute. It is now unclear who is going to officiate the wedding. What are the chances that this will lead to a cancellation, Theresa?"

"Close to zero. The ceremony has been carefully planned down to the smallest details, and so the Archbishop has a replacement priest to fill in for him in case of an unexpected event like this one. The show will go on, that's for sure, we just haven't heard who the Archbishop's replacement is yet."

"And with that, I hand over to the weather report. This is Jackson Smith and Theresa Lee of Channel 2, reporting live on the wedding of Crown Prince George. Stay tuned."

"Welcome back to Channel 2's live coverage on the Bermudian royal wedding. I am Jackson Smith and with me is Theresa Lee, who knows the ins and outs of today's ceremonies. We recently received news that the Archbishop has been taken to hospital for a medical emergency, and there is no comment yet on the state of his condition. Right now the last of the big names of government delegations are pulling up at the church before the Crown Prince and his Best Man Prince Edward are set to arrive. What's happening at the church, Theresa?"

"The situation at the church seems to be quite calm despite the news of the Archbishop having a heart attack, but I suspect the news might not have reached all the guests yet. Either way, most foreign guest have arrived including Principal Chief Ulysses Beeching of the Cherokee Nation and the Mandate representative Aquetzalli who has stirred lots of controversy due to the bringing of Iccan religious gifts to an Anglican wedding. Right now Lex Luthor, vice presidential candidate in the American Republic, is pulling up in front of the Cathedral as the very last guest to arrive before the members of the Bermudian royal family. Sources from inside the American Republic's embassy in Hamilton tell us he was set to arrive much earlier but had to attend a video conference with President Harper due to the threats of continued war between the American Republic and the Navajo Nation."

"And with that we await only the most important guests of all, the couple themselves and the royal family including the Emperor. What do we know about the actual ceremony at this point, who is the Archbishop's replacement?"

"We know a lot actually, as the schedule has been released to the public. The Emperor will arrive around 10:45 after the rest of the royal family and the ceremony will then begin at 11. As for the priest, it was just announced that the Very Reverend Dean of Hamilton will conduct the service and officiate the wedding in the Archbishop's place, so there are no worries that they will be standing without one."

"That is good to know. For all the Bermudians who can't attend the wedding themselves, is there anyway they can follow it?"

"Yes of course. First of all it will be broadcast both on Channel 1, without commentary, and here on Channel 2 as part of our live coverage. There will also be big screens for the public to watch at Victoria Park in Hamilton and local viewings in other cities throughout the nation."

"Our reporter at the Cathedral now tells us the Crown Prince and Prince Edward are pulling up in their car, and we'll cut to some live footage from there. The two of us will be back soon with more commentary. Stay tuned."

"The ceremony in the Cathedral of the Most Holy Trinity has begun and now that we are about to move on to the actual wedding of Crown Prince George and Mr Jonathan Fergusson we here at Channel 2 leave you with live footage from the church."

THE VERY REVEREND DEAN OF HAMILTON: Dear friends in Christ, we have gathered here today to witness George Frederick William and Jonathan Louis Fergusson publically committing themselves to one another and, in the name of the Church, to bless their union: a relationship of mutual fidelity and steadfast love, forsaking all others, holding one another in tenderness and respect, in strength and bravery, as long as they live.

If any of you can show just cause why they may not lawfully be married, speak now; or else for ever hold your peace.

I require and charge you both, here in the presence of God, that if either of you know any reason why you may not be united in marriage lawfully, and in accordance with God's Word, you do now confess it. For be well assured, that so many as are coupled together otherwise than God's Word allows are not joined together by God; neither is their matrimony lawful.

George Frederick William, do you freely and unreservedly offer yourself to your wedded husband, to live together in faithfulness and holiness of life as long as you both shall live?

CROWN PRINCE GEORGE: I do.

THE VERY REVEREND DEAN OF HAMILTON: Jonathan Louis, do you freely and unreservedly offer yourself to your wedded husband, to live together in faithfulness and holiness of life as long as you both shall live?

MR JONATHAN FERGUSSON: I do.

CROWN PRINCE GEORGE (after the Very Reverend Dean of Hamilton): I, George Frederick William, take you, Jonathan Louis to be my wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse: for richer, for poorer; in sickness and in health; to love and to cherish, till death do us part, according to God's holy law.

MR JONATHAN FERGUSSON (after the Very Reverend Dean of Hamilton): I, Jonathan Louis, take you, George Frederick William to be my wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse: for richer, for poorer; in sickness and in health; to love and to cherish, till death do us part, according to God's holy law.

THE VERY REVEREND DEAN OF HAMILTON: Bless, O Lord, this ring, and grant that he who gives it and he who shall wear it may remain faithful to each other and abide in your peace and favour, and live together in love until their lives' end. Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

CROWN PRINCE GEORGE (after the Very Reverend Dean of Hamilton): With this ring I wed you; with my body I honour you; and all my worldly goods I share with you: in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

"Wow, Theresa, that was indeed a very moving ceremony, I think I might be crying a little actually. Tell me, how much longer will it go on in the church now?"

"Quite a bit actually, this was only the start of the ceremony and will now be followed by several hymns and prayers and also a singing of the National Anthem of Bermuda among other things. We expect the now married couple to leave the Cathedral in their carriage procession for the Hamilton Royal Palace at approximately 12:15."

Hail to Bermuda,
My island in the sun.
Sing out in glory
To the nation we've become.
We've grown from heart to heart,
And strength to strength,
The privilege is mine
To sing long live Bermuda,
Because this island's mine!

Hail to Bermuda,
My homeland dear to me.
This is my own land
Built on faith
And unity.
We've grown from heart to heart
And strength to strength,
For Loyalty is Prime
So sing long live Bermuda,
Because this island's mine!

"Once again, welcome back to Channel 2's live coverage of the royal wedding. The clock is a few minutes past 12 and the ceremony at the Cathedral of the Most Holy Trinity here in Hamilton is about to end shortly. Theresa, what is left afterwards?"

"Well, the married couple will leave the Cathedral in a carriage procession that takes them through the capital up to the Royal Palace on Langton Hill. The crowds along the route they'll travel are enormous as Bermudians and tourists alike are eager to catch a climpse of the Crown Prince and his groom. According to numbers from the Bermuda Police Service, there are up to 20 000 people along the procession route which is a lot for Bermuda."

"So what will be Jonathan Fergusson's new title now that he has married the heir apparent to the Bermudian crown?"

"Actually, the rules surrounding titles for royals derive from the ones employed by Britain pre-independence, and while same-sex marriage is legal under Bermudian law, royal titles do not transfer to a same-sex spouse in the same way a wife of a Crown Prince would be styled Princess. Hence, he will simply be styled Lord Jonathan."

"I see. After the carriage procession to the Royal Palace, what happens after that?"

"Not too much, around 13:30 the Crown Prince and Lord Jonathan will appear on the palace balcony alongside the Emperor and the Empress for the fly-past by the Imperial Air Force. After that, the Emperor will host a private lunch reception at the Palace for a chosen number of guests from the wedding who will represent both the couple's official and private lives."

"With that said, we're ending this studio commentary of the ceremony and will now cut to live footage at the Cathedral. We hope you have had a splendid morning with us here at Channel 2, I am Jackson Smith."

"And this is Theresa Lee. Happy Royal Wedding Day to all of you!"

Alberta sends its congratulations to the newly married royal couple of Bermuda.

It also sends news to the world that it has inked a full alliance with Bermuda, and the Albertan parliament has replaced the English monarch, Alexander I, with the Bermudan monarch, Frederick I, as its head of state, understanding that Bermuda represents British values far better than England does in its current state.

Speaking of England...

---

Dear Scotland

Greeting to you! As part of our agreement with France we have decided that your realm could itself do with salvation now. Will you be brave and accept our humble missionaries as they spread the truth of the Amok?

We understand you may have problems with the English. We would like to offer our services...

We do this with respect to France but we do know that both you and the French are... not seeing eye to eye with England. We will wish to ask France for any potential co-operations to counter the influence of England.

Praise the Prophet!

Yours faithfully

The Divine Mandate

Following the Act of Parliament passed in Alberta recently, the Empire of Bermuda welcomes the Kingdom of Alberta as a member of the Bermudian Commonwealth. The imperial house of Bermuda has announced that upon advice from his Prime Ministers in Bermuda, Florida and Alberta, the Emperor will take on separate titles and styles as the sovereign of each realm.

In the Empire of Bermuda:
His Majesty Frederick, by the Grace of God, of Bermuda, the Carolinas, New Brunswick and Newfoundland Emperor, King of Florida, Head of the Commonwealth

In the Kingdom of Florida:
His Majesty Frederick, by the Grace of God, King of Florida, Emperor of Bermuda and of His other Realms and Territories, Head of the Commonwealth

In the Kingdom of Alberta:
His Majesty Frederick, by the Grace of God, King of Alberta, Emperor of Bermuda and of His other Realms and Territories, Head of the Commonwealth

Last edited:
Greeting to you! As part of our agreement with France we have decided that your realm could itself do with salvation now. Will you be brave and accept our humble missionaries as they spread the truth of the Amok?

We understand you may have problems with the English. We would like to offer our services...

We do this with respect to France but we do know that both you and the French are... not seeing eye to eye with England. We will wish to ask France for any potential co-operations to counter the influence of England.

Scotland shall accept Iccan missionaries per its belief in freedom of religion, with the same conditions as its ally in France.

Scotland must refrain from any military coordination with the Mandate in light of possible opposition from other American powers.

For the record our interest was more a power play than conflict; just to counter any efforts by the English to destabilise Europa and America.

The Cherokee Nation is now Guaranteeing the Independence of Spain, England, and the Maghrebi Caliphate vis a vis the Divine Mandate.

You need not fear Iccanite domination.

Do you have a fleet to come to their "liberation" if we did end up in a conflict?

Or do you dream of inflicting pain on our citizens via a mass invasion?

Top Bottom