1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rise of the Crab God

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

Peace-loving Alexander conquering the world with Macedonian culture?

2. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

They've gone science and religion, with civs who are not necessarily known for them. So yeah, something like taking a big warmonger and conquering with culture seems like it'd be up their ally.

3. mitsho

mitsho Deity

These alternate histories are funny and sad at the same time.

They're nice to watch and make me laugh, but then I realize the absurdities of gameplay. You see all those obvious little things that can't be possible: Building Stonehenge that 'late', the Viking army or Diplomacy actually working.

That is how the game should actually be. I would play the heck of a game with ebb and flows, where you only have these big decisions and where you really feel interaction. Civ however has never been that way. How could they make it more like that?

Those videos are btw. really good advertising, I wonder why they only make them now?

4. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

The second video is always the more disappointing one....too short, and doesn't show enough detail.

5. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

Perhaps Montezuma spreading the progressive ideals of human sacrifice to the world?

6. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

If diplomacy isn't working you're not trying, tbh. There's plenty of threads out there with people explaining how they're using diplomacy to move up in the world. Up to the point where people managed to get an alliance with (almost) everyone on deity.

Locke_Daemonfire likes this.
  7. mitsho

mitsho Deity

Yeah, I might manage but then I'd a) have to dig into the various factors that propel the game forward and b) micro-manage those levers. I just don't want to do that. That's my point. I'd rather play the game in the videos :)

8. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

To be fair, it makes sense that diplomacy requires subtlity, tact, etc. It does in real life as well. You can't just walk in and demand to become friends. You gotta show you're worth it first.

9. mitsho

mitsho Deity

No arguing about that. That's a question of realism. I'm talking about gameplay. How can you be subtle to an AI?

10. Paramecium

Paramecium Prince

Okay, I already saw in my games, that the AI is willing to spread my religion if I converted there cities, even the nonsense that it will recrute new apostles in a fresh converted city with my religion instead in a city with still their own religion. But the fact of that HUGE invasion army/fleet have shown me, that Firaxis is cheating here. So what is the purpose of those videos? To show actual possible game situation or to deceive the watcher and future costumer, only to have the possiblity that they might get angry, because they cant replicate on their own any situation which is just a little bit similiar to those shown?

Good job Firaxis...

(... so you have shown me, that I have to cheat in that game and give the AI additional troops to make stuff like that happen ...)

11. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

Could have been a multiplayer game as well. In that case it would be a realistic game situation, with someone heavily overbuilding naval units.
    Or the new patch is really, really awesome, which I consider unlikely.

xISOADIx likes this.