1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rise of the Mongols scenario on Deity (#3)

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by pavel1269, May 31, 2016.

1. pavel1269

pavel1269 Chieftain

It's been a while since my last LP (#1, #2) but I returned to the Civ 5. If I succeed in the end this might serve as yet another guide for someone to beat this scenario. I tried it many times and I often found myself in a situation where there is just not enough time anymore and thus restarted it. This time I feel like I overcome all the problems I ran into and thus I will finally beat this goddammit scenario on Deity.

The start was pretty straightforward. Send horsemen to the Jin direction to trade all his gold ... for war and to get as much as possible of the keshiks as soon as possible. My first target was Western Xia which fallen at turn 4. The gifted horseman got upgraded to keshiks and now is time to move to attack Beijing. Also production was set to new horseman.

I attack Beijing with four of those as I was attacking it from north which is hilly and there was not much space left. The remaining two started attacking Liaoyang. Even if I would not be able to bring down the city it would serve to train the keshiks. The capital of Jin fallen at turn 9.

Soon after at turn 11 the Liaoyang fallen. After this I send two kehiks to take down Korea and the rest was after the rest of the Jin. Kaifeng fallen at turn 14. At this time the Xiangyang was too near for my army to move away so I decided to attack Wu Zeitan. The Xiangyang fallen at turn 17 and Xian at turn 20 which was last city of Jin.

So far I razed all the cities I could but Liaoyang which has (2) horses in the area.

Attached Files:

2. pavel1269

pavel1269 Chieftain

At turn 20 I got Korea and met Japan. So again traded his money for war. The two keshiks I had I will use to snipe the island-ish city he has. Not much interesting is happening as the start of this scenario is just a grind.

At turn 23 I captured (and razed) Tanzhou. By this time the most of the second army is formed and it can be used to harass Hangzhou. From here I continue with main army down to the Guangzhou which fallen at turn 26. Here I decided to keep the city just because it has a unique luxury for me. Next target is Hangzhou.

Dazaifu fallen at turn 27. Of course I razed it. One keshik is now joining the main army and I am stationing one to the city ruins of Dazaifu to shoot at nearby Oda's units. Hangzhou fallen at turn 29 so last city remaining for China. With this main army I started to move to Persia.

Here is a nice picture with "new" kehiks stationed around Hangzhou and my main army passing by.

A unit here and there from china prevented any serious damage to the city so far as the keshiks are missing a lot of useful promotions so far. Around this moment I realized that I should have also destroyed buildings from cities which are being razed to cut the maintenance and bring some cash. At this moment I am pretty satisfied with my progress so far.

Attached Files: