1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rising Tide battle animation glitch

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by cottontan, Aug 25, 2015.

1. cottontan

cottontan Chieftain

so i am just gonna bring this up again, it's being a year since this bug was reported, as lot's of you already know, the battle animation of this game of those range units will always glitch after server mins of playing(missiles missing, projectiles disappear etc.) last year there were 2.3 pages of people confirming this,one of the Firaxis worker said they are looking into this,but after all the patches the problome still remains.

so personally befor i purchase the Rising Tide , i really want to know if this issue going to happen again in the DLC, like a video of game play after 400 turns, with all advanced units, and shows that everything is played smoothly, so we won't be disappointed again:rolleyes:

2. Gamewizard

Gamewizard Emperor

This game is built off the Civ V engine, which still have the same animation glitches 5 years later. Clearly a problem that they are unable to solve.

3. edingess

edingess Warlord

IDK that was still an issue. Then again I probably haven't combed the vids as hard as you :). That said melee units suffer too (save regular tanks).

4. cottontan

cottontan Chieftain

in my experience, Civ V is much much better than the BE, in Civ V the animation only gitch if you are running a super large map and units all over the place, if you zoom in , the animation will back to normal, it's more like a hardware performance issue that couldn't handle that much sutff in Civ V.

but in BE, once you upgrade your units to any affinity, no matter how small the map is or how few the units are in number, get ready to see the glitch in any minutes.

5. Gorbles

Gorbles Load Balanced

I experience that issue semi-regularly when playing 1 v 1 and 2 v 2 maps in BNW.

Very likely to be engine-specific. On the upside, if they get this fixed for BE, given they've backported other fixes to CiV, that game could also benefit.

6. Zenstrive

Zenstrive Ocean King

I never set the animations on...

7. 4N4C0ND4

4N4C0ND4 King

Sometimes I have to use them in a tensed conflict time, to see where the punch is coming from. Usually only during AI's turn.

Only known issue in CIV is the great war bomber. The so sloooooow animation & roundabouts make me want to murder kittens sometimes :mad:

I have to switch back mode off till I get aa guns/fighters otherwise the game turns out to be a giant buzzing nest!

8. Gort

Gort Emperor

Likewise. They're interesting to watch for maybe your first game, and then they're off forever.

9. Zenstrive

Zenstrive Ocean King

They're simply slowing the game down.