Rising Tide Best/Favorite Affinity

shortski13

Chieftain
2 questions for you that may be different:
1) What do you think is the best affinity for a domination victory in Rising Tide?

2) What do you think (in your opinion) is the best affinity to focus on? Or, what is your favorite affinity? Why?

In vanilla BE, I thought Purity was best for both of these questions because of the tech path that it brought you down. Now in RT, I'm not so sure. I'm actually wondering if Harmony is the best for domination because miasma spamming via Rocktopus might tip the 'tides' (see what I did there?) in harmony's favor. The tech paths seem to be balanced at first glance, but then again I haven't looked too hard and indepth into them. I also did like all the levitating units purity has as well as the explorer perk. I'm not overly impressed with supremacy's units in my current game, but I'm playing it differently too. The free roads is cool too, but with more water maps I don't build many roads.

Thoughts?

1.Harmony. Additional free units;
2.Alias should recruit more than doing anything else.

Purity. They have the most mobility out of all the units. No other affinity has predominantly hover bases units. Plus the promotions for the LEV units make them deadlier than ever. Finally if you mix them with supremacy then you'll have the ultimate advantage in mobility and overall firepower.

I've seen other posters claiming that Supremacy is now rather OP. If all three affinities (plus hybrids) have their adherents, then perhaps the affinities are approaching a rough state of balance?

Supremacy is the Supreme Affinity.

Why you ask? obvious because it is Superior in EVERY WAY

Supremacy All the Way Robot People are the best. BRAIN CLOUD STORAGE.

Imo Purity is best for domination victory, due their strong army early and also late.

Harmony army is random, they get bonuses for not being near each other?

Supremancy is best for defending against aggressive AI, with their long range artilleries and bonuses when lined up.

In Vanilla BE, I found that purity had the best (imo) path down the techwebs with my favorite bonuses being in a purity leaf, like I believe vertical farming. Now would you say they are all about equal in that respect?

Supremacy sounds good.

But if the planet is covered with miasma clouds, harmony would make sense.

Top Bottom