(Rising Tide) Machinima AND Firaxis Sept 10 Livestreams

@ Galgus - Valid point. I was more going off of everyone's comments on the recent livestreams bemoaning how passive they were, so that was fresh in my mind. I think you actually hit on something by clarifying "Major" war. There should be the option (at least, if not mandatory) to progress each victory by little wars, because that's currently the most direct form of interaction between civs - the diplomacy system might well change that, but given the competitive element in victory, war seems more fitting.

As far as the affinity themes go, there's what I know is the case, and how I prefer to see it. Again, I'm biased in Harmony's favor in all things, and like Purity the least of the 3. As far as Purity isolationism goes, they have the most incentive to war with the native lie from the beginning, and all of they're upgrade perks tend to be raw combat strength, as opposed to more situational combat modifiers.

All the affinities have a spectrum of possible interpretations, so we all have some artistic license in how we see and portray them.

Purity has quite a few defensive and hold-your-ground perks, though they are also sort of the brute force affinity in warfare.

I'm a big Purity fan, obviously.

You people are so off, obviously the true path is Supremacy, mad space-hippie scientists? really? and the Ignorant misguided people of purity, tisk tisk tisk.

You people are so off, obviously the true path is Supremacy, mad space-hippie scientists? really? and the Ignorant misguided people of purity, tisk tisk tisk.

How I envision a Harmony/Purity response to that.

Speak not of misguided paths.
You who bind yourselves to machine so inextricably.
You who would squander all beauty and glory of your genetic potential.
Countless lines of biological code lost to the cold embrace of your polysynthetic metal.
Nay.
I level enmity towards you.
You who would seek to ascend by rite of machine.
You who would detach yourself from Earth both Old and New.
Now witness the might of both worlds combined.

Says the guy with a purity soldier avatar. :p
he may be Ignorant and Misguided but he's got style, ;) but I will change it to avoid confusion.

How I envision a Harmony/Purity response to that

Speak not of misguided paths.
You who bind yourselves to machine so inextricably.
You who would squander all beauty and glory of your genetic potential.
Countless lines of biological code lost to the cold embrace of your polysynthetic metal.
Nay.
I level enmity towards you.
You who would seek to ascend by rite of machine.
You who would detach yourself from Earth both Old and New.
Now witness the might of both worlds combined.
I envision the Supremacy response to that as:

FOOL Flesh is your weakness your deceit means nothing to me I see with piercing vision through the thickest fog and the strongest cloaking fields.
You speak of Beauty when all you are is Hideous Flesh melded with inferior Metals.
Your Hunger for Power is as clouded as your mind True power is Knowledge and I am the god of knowledge.
the Glorious efficiency and True power of Supremacy shall conquer the secrets of the Universe just as it Destroys the Hideous Abomination that is your cult.
Feel the Power if the Cleansing ANGEL and the heat of Redemption that is a SABRs Bombardment

Top Bottom