1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Rising Tide] New Faction - Lena Ebner's INTEGR

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by poom3619, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Lord Tirian

Lord Tirian Erratic Poster

They fill the same niche, though: rewarding exploration and adding flavour to the map. I'd argue that, from what we've seen so far, Marvels are actually a fair bit more interesting than natural wonders as they convey some story, too (not needed in vanilla Civ but sorely needed in Civ:BE).

2. Galgus

Galgus Emperor

The upside of Marvels is that they have quests tied to them and seemingly unique effects.

The downside is that I'm fairly sure they said there would only be two per map - the central Hydracoral thing and one unique to the biome.

I love Marvels, but I'd still like Natural Wonders more to discover and fight over.

3. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

Isn't there also a Marvel connected to the progenitors?

4. Veras

Veras Prince

This make me wonder if Marvels will give bonus to those who have them inside the sponsor's territory. Makes sense to me at least to give great bonuses in science and energy.

5. Galgus

Galgus Emperor

Ah, maybe.

I don't remember, but I could have missed it.

6. DefiantMars

DefiantMars King

There is the one we've seen on the Frigid Biome. The "core" marvel is the icy academy looking structure while the "child" parts are the floating silo things. If I'm remembering correctly, the flavor said it was a Progenitor technology that extracted geothermal energy (I think in game terms as well). The loss of mantle cooled the planet down resulting the the Frigid biome. Kind of cool.

This is speculation, but the tan and blue structure behind Kavitha in the Diplomatic Landscape - Featurette might be another progenitor Marvel. And it might belong to the Arid biome.

7. Veras

Veras Prince

These are the Marvels showed on the last featurette. I can't say for sure if they are from the Progenitors or the one from the biome.

In the case of the Frigid biome, for example, the devs said that the planed cooled down after the progenitors slowed its rotation with some device, so maybe the second image could be the Frigid Marvel.

8. DefiantMars

DefiantMars King

There it is!

After reviewing the livestream footage and quill18's NSA Let's Play (I was looking for Agreement DC costs), I think I can confirm that this image is the Frigid biome Marvel and is tied to the progenitors.

9. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Isn't the Hydrocoral Brain Marvel only for Atlantean map types?

10. Zenstrive

Zenstrive Ocean King

And Marvels work better in the context of the setting: a sci-fi in a planet not yet rich with human's history and cultural significance tied to geographical feature. Maybe in the future there is an expansion that contains wonder that can alter the geographical feature, turning a mountain into a wondrous mountain (+3 food, +3 energy), or a coast into wonderful coat (+3 food, +10 health)

11. DefiantMars

DefiantMars King

Thatdefinitely sounds like it would be pretty interesting.

I would like to see things such as NGOs, initiatives, independent entities, advancing stations, orbital, and aerospace game explored in a future expansion.

I'm curious as to what the 4th BERT sponsor is going to be, as it will naturally influence future sponsors. I'm still of the mind that it may be a sponsor that focuses on artifacts and excavations as its a new feature. I think that would be a nice spread to compliment Al Falah, the NSA, and now INTEGR.

12. edingess

edingess Warlord

I thought that thing behind her was a purity-supremacy city.

13. Shidan

Shidan Chieftain

Takes up too many tiles and has no borders. Would've been awesome, but I don't think it could be. Right color scheme though.

14. Westwall

Westwall Emperor

They've pretty much said hybrid affinities will only really affect units you can access at the top tier.

Beyond that, there are no distinct looks for hybrid leaders (as Lena's variations prove) and no hybrid cities.

15. DefiantMars

DefiantMars King

I think we can probably rule out Hybrid cities, but they've dropped hints at leader art.... In the end I'm just left confused and wanting.

16. Westwall

Westwall Emperor

Not if what we've seen so far is any indication.

Lena only has the main three variants.

17. Halbbruder

Halbbruder Prince

Wait by hybrid, you mean new designs for hybrid cities, not some contrast between differing affinities in the same city, which is already in game? Yeah, that would look nice to have. :)

18. LORD ORION

LORD ORION Warlord

You got that backwards, Elodie is the cruel evil one.... ;D
    This is the good twin.

19. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

She certainly thinks she's the good twin, but if history, politics and movies have told me two things, then it's that Germans and ultra-progressives are NEVER the good twins.

20. Sherlock

Sherlock Just one more turn...

No place in the future for men. I guess the feminists will enjoy this game.