1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

(Rising Tide) No speculation on Hybrid Affinities and New sponsors?

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by Metecury, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Veras

Veras Prince

The Space version of Barbary Corsairs would fit perfectly a Pirate sponsor

2. aguliondew

aguliondew Prince

I am expecting a diplomacy based sponsor for one of the last 2 sponsors, since diplomacy getting completely reworked. I just hope that the final sponsor will be something that effect health(happiness) like India. Giving us another tall civ option. KP is nice for going tall easy to get the 3rd ring resources with little effort.

The NSA get a 50% bonus to sea city defense (sea cities are weaker than land cities). AK get 50% bonus from turning production to energy/culture/food/science (so 3 to 1 instead of 4 to 1). Those bonus can be increase with diplomacy too.

3. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

I though their bonus was 150% so 4 to 2.5 (or 1.6 to 1)

4. aguliondew

aguliondew Prince

Yea your are right Kirkkittwo, the video shows it at 150%, I just got confused.

5. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

It's a 150% Bonus. Instead of 25% they convert 62.5% of their Production.
    Which is insane and will hopefully not get through the balance tests.

6. Red Menace

Red Menace Prepare to be Menaced

Agreed i saw that and all i could think was, Is this some kind of sick joke?

the max bonus 200% so 75% of your production goes to whatever if you have a city with like 80 production you get either [60 food 60 culture 60 science or 60 energy] looks totally balanced

also getting a free wonder in every city is totally balanced, they have serious balancing to do

7. Galgus

Galgus Emperor

And yet Franco-Iberia still looks incredibly weak.

8. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

Yes, I want Franco-Iberia to get a buff to their unique trait.

9. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

But that means that 80 hammers is not going to units or building that boost output.

150%-200% (depending on trait investment) might be too much, but 50% would be too low.

You want it high enough that it is actually worth using.

10. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

Personally, I think 150-200% is fine. Yes, it makes the conversion procession really potent but your city is not producing anything while you use it which is major, so there is a give and take.

11. DefiantMars

DefiantMars King

Remember that with the new Trait system, Traits tend to have a 3 stage scaling component. All Sponsor bonuses, which are derived from the Character Trait, will scale as well. So the value that you see on the Loadout menu screen is not the value that you can wind up with during the game.

I still have no idea what this means for Elodie.

12. Minor Annoyance

Minor Annoyance Deity

So I'm wondering about a hybrid harmony purity affinity. We know the supremacy purity hybrid is basically humans enslaved AI without changing humans themselves. Now purity is supposed to terraform the planet and kill the aliens, although that never really materialized as a major aspect of purity. I assume purity's non negotiable aspect is that humans remain essentially human and harmony's is valuing the planet's own biodiversity. So my assumption would be hybrid purity harmony would do extensive modifications of alien life to survive despite our presence. Like if we altered every creature on earth to eat used coffee filters.

13. Red Menace

Red Menace Prepare to be Menaced

maybe it will look like this

/free virtue every ten virtues - Free every 7 - free every 5?

or maybe a free tech every ten virtues aswell as a free virtue and the third reduces it to like 7/8
    IDK
    this is true but for someone like me who values energy and production above all else i tend to use the processes alot until i get a new building which i buy in my main cities thus continuing the process

now this bugs me the most about purity they get a combat bonus against aliens but no bonus to Terrascapes now if you could get like half-priced Terrascapes or increased health something to make you want to build them that would make me want to play purity

14. Metecury

Metecury Prince

Doesn't the new trait feature enable sponsors to boost their unique abilities? Because if that is the case, once you up the level, the special ability of FI could be much better as the number of virtues required to get a free virtue would decrease.

I would love to see some sort of Pirate/slavers faction based in the Mediterranean, we need a navy focused sponsor. Perhaps some sort of Space Venice/Byzantium/Berber federation.

15. Metecury

Metecury Prince

I would love to see some sort of Pirate/slavers faction based in the Mediterranean, we need a navy focused sponsor. Perhaps some sort of Space Venice/Byzantium/Berber federation.

16. Galgus

Galgus Emperor

I can't see the current bonus working with trait upgrades well since it is focused on milestones rather than yield improvements.

A percent culture boost or, dare I say it, gaining science equal to a percent of culture would be work much better with an upgrading trait system.

Purity's themes are preserving the human form, glorifying and remembering history, terraforming, and generally building a better world for humanity.

Harmony's themes are preserving the planet's ecosystem, a potentially paranoid desire to avoid a second great mistake, and adapting to the planet to thrive.

A hybrid affinity must have agreements and disagreements with each parent affinity.

My view of Purity / Harmony involves both adapting humanity to the planet and engaging in broad-scale genetic engineering to create and ecosystem that better supports civilization.

It would have a theme of taking inspiration from the best of both worlds, and I've referred to it as "Synergy".

In my opinion it is the most interesting and divergent way to envision the hybrid.

17. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

Yes, the unique trait levels up. So, it is very likely that the number of virtues to get a free virtue goes down. But it is not 100% confirmed yet.

18. Promethian

Promethian Warlord

Somewhere in the streams we have seen one of the Purity/Harmony units in the upgrade window. Its description said it was a genetically modified super soldier. So maintaining the human form but super charging it is in the cards.

19. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

I think that works well, because the idea of Supremacy is 'we adapt ourselves to not care about the environment'

A 'adapt humanity' AND 'terraform the planet' combined means that rather than Earth or The Planet being the 'ideal coal' the ideal goal is a 3rd way... ie best for civilization and You are harmonizing both the population and the environment to it (unlike supremacy which ignores the environment)

20. Galgus

Galgus Emperor

I thought the one we saw was the patrol boat variant.

Was there another stream where we say another Purity / Harmony unit?

@KrikkitTwo

Yes, part of why I like that approach to Purity / Harmony is that it is, in a sense, the opposite of Supremacy's view.

It invests in creating and ties itself to an ideal environment, seeing it as the greatest path to prosperity.