(Rising Tide) No speculation on Hybrid Affinities and New sponsors?

I thought the one we saw was the patrol boat variant.

Was there another stream where we say another Purity / Harmony unit?

As far as I'm aware, we've only seen the Harmony/Purity Argo, the Supremacy/Harmony Hellion, and the Purity/Supremacy Eidolon. I've looked everywhere for more info on them, but have been unsuccessful. I should try looking to see if there is any non-english videos.

They're keeping the hybrids under wraps for the time being.

Élodie's trait should use the new diplomacy system (I don't know, something like + %culture, or - %virtue cost based on the number of agreements you have), and maybe something else if the new diplomacy is a expansion feature, and not a pacth one (maybe -1 virtue for activating sinergies?)

I don't remember which stream but we have also been shown the Immortal which is what I mentioned. I'm one of those people that backtrack and stop at tooltips when I see them. I know I'm far from the most obsessed in this regard so I am a little surprised I'm the only one who has seen it.

Somewhere in the streams we have seen one of the Purity/Harmony units in the upgrade window. Its description said it was a genetically modified super soldier. So maintaining the human form but super charging it is in the cards.
Ah, well I kinda like that better actually. They had only revealed supremacy/purity as enslaved AI and I thought it would be a little dull if the purity/harmony was the same thing but just enslaving creatures. So I guess this means p/h is not about valuing the planet's life as it is, but dismantling it to use in rebuilding humanity as a better life form. Like they would go to other planets in the future and adapt the best of what it had as well.
If if I'm predicting right then that means purity/harmony is creating a third ecosystem. Not a copy of earth and not a preservation of this planet.
I can't guess what supremacy/harmony would be. Harmony does have robotics and AI as seen in things like swarm robotics tech and nano robotics. Supremacy does work in genetic engineering with cognition and the xenonova. So I'm not sure where the new crossover would be.

I don't remember which stream but we have also been shown the Immortal which is what I mentioned. I'm one of those people that backtrack and stop at tooltips when I see them. I know I'm far from the most obsessed in this regard so I am a little surprised I'm the only one who has seen it.

Was it the actual unit? It seemed like a lot of the units one the upgrade screen were using an model that looked like the ANGEL. Is there an actual image of the Immortal? It was "confirmed" (I use the term loosely) to be Harmony/Purity unique unit.

Ah, well I kinda like that better actually. They had only revealed supremacy/purity as enslaved AI and I thought it would be a little dull if the purity/harmony was the same thing but just enslaving creatures. So I guess this means p/h is not about valuing the planet's life as it is, but dismantling it to use in rebuilding humanity as a better life form. Like they would go to other planets in the future and adapt the best of what it had as well.
If if I'm predicting right then that means purity/harmony is creating a third ecosystem. Not a copy of earth and not a preservation of this planet.
I can't guess what supremacy/harmony would be. Harmony does have robotics and AI as seen in things like swarm robotics tech and nano robotics. Supremacy does work in genetic engineering with cognition and the xenonova. So I'm not sure where the new crossover would be.

I'm pretty certain that the social norms in each hybrid affinity style depend on whether you have more of one affinity than another. Your view of it would suit purity/harmony and purity/supremacy respectively where the sponsor has more purity than the other affinities. If they're even, they probably figure out a balanced approach.

I feel like between the two aspects, they'd want to go full bore with the transhumanism, with rampant "modding" being the norm. Beyond that I can't imagine what this society could look like, only that they'd probably want to marry both biotic and bionic realms. Therefore I have a suspicion that Supremacy/Harmony wants to augment all the things.

Oh come on, supremacy/harmony is obvious!

Spoiler :

Supremacy/Harmony: Augment humans only for health, appearance, etc. Augment aliens for labor, war, etc.

Oh come on, supremacy/harmony is obvious!

Spoiler :

Of course; every citizen is MechaGodzilla!

I have an inkling of what their military will look like, I just don't know how their domestic realm would function.

I'm pretty certain that the social norms in each hybrid affinity style depend on whether you have more of one affinity than another. Your view of it would suit purity/harmony and purity/supremacy respectively where the sponsor has more purity than the other affinities. If they're even, they probably figure out a balanced approach.

While they would lean differently depending on proportions, the hybrids are meant to have their own answers and views on the future rather than being simple mixes.

Now that stem techs give points towards 2 affinities, it seems like a pure affinity strategy where you only get levels in one affinity and stay at level 0 in the other affinities, will be almost impossible. Not complaining, just making an observation.

Now that stem techs give points towards 2 affinities, it seems like a pure affinity strategy where you only get levels in one affinity and stay at level 0 in the other affinities, will be almost impossible.
it looks like the tech Web is a bit over-saturated, what if i dont want to be a hybrid? having more basic techs like Physics and Computers give affinity points seems like you will be forced into these affinities just to get Basic units.

I highly doubt you'll "accidentially" get enough off-affinity to actually be considered a hybrid. Getting a few points here and there should not really be a problem.

I highly doubt you'll "accidentially" get enough off-affinity to actually be considered a hybrid. Getting a few points here and there should not really be a problem.

Yeah, I don't think there is any risk of a player accidentally becoming a hybrid that they don't want to be. But it seems like players will get points in more than 1 affinity whether they like it or not just because they will have to get stem techs. So, players will most likely be something like 2/8/1 or 12/3/2 (still dominant but with a little of the other affinities) whereas in base BE, it was easy to be 12/0/0 for example. In some ways, I guess this is more realistic since a society would mostly never be 100% "pure" in just one affinity.

Well, expeditions can already yield off-affinity levels and some of the good techs (particularly the one for the Solar Collector) already have an affinity requirement. Of course with RT it will be more likely that players end up with some points in Affinity X when they want Affinity Y, but I don't see a problem with that. It doesn't have any downsides.

And Pseudo-OCD is not something that should be considered when it helps the overall gameplay experience. :D

some of the good techs (particularly the one for the Solar Collector)

Um... Am I missing something about that tech? I never felt the need to research it, and although the energy from solar collectors is appreciated, it doesn't seem worth it to waste precious science early-game, and by mid-game on, I'm already swimming in energy.

Top Bottom