(Rising Tide) North Sea Alliance

Karl0413

Prince
New Faction revealed boys and girls:

https://www.civilization.com/en/news/2015-07-a-win-for-hughes-but-the-alliance-loses/

The North Sea Alliance is a coalition of British and Scandinavian cultures that retained their seafaring expertise after the infamous Great Mistake. They have the ability to move their cities faster and have a higher defense on the water (aquatic cities 50% combat strength and 50% less production required for movement).

Oh and more in-depth diplomacy overview:

Link to video.

Great faction! Kinda funny that their acronym is NSA. I wonder how many players will play a spy style with this faction, small secretive sea faction with strong spies?

So we get AJ Frost instead of glorious british nobility? Blasphemy I say.

Man, that guy looks like an actual, interesting character.

But honestly? The new Diplomacy System just steals the show here. :p Looks awesome.

Man, that guy looks like an actual, interesting character.

But honestly? The new Diplomacy System just steals the show here. :p Looks awesome.

So happy to hear that. For me, as a player, the new diplo options are HUGE. Good to know I'm not the only one who thinks so. :)

So happy to hear that. For me, as a player, the new diplo options are HUGE. Good to know I'm not the only one who thinks so. :)

You are not the only one. I also think the new diplo is by far the best new feature of Rising Tide. Super excited about it!!

A lot of options yes. I just hope they infuse it with more dialogue to give the factions personality.

It's great that they have all these trait bonuses, I just don't want them to be defined entirely by them.

Come on, make the experience a little more personal.

A lot of options yes. I just hope they infuse it with more dialogue to give the factions personality.

It's great that they have all these trait bonuses, I just don't want them to be defined entirely by them.

Come on, make the experience a little more personal.

I commented in the other thread that according to Producer Andrew Fredricksen, there will be "text messages" from leaders where they comment on things like they think your food production is too low or they are impressed by your city production. And these things will change their respect/fear values towards you. So, hopefully, these short messages will add the kind of the flavor and personality that you are hoping for.

They mention Amsterdam, so I guess the Netherlands is part of the North Sea Alliance.

Well, more like Dutch refugees it seems.

I expected an alliance between Scandinavians and Germany. Anyway, I'm looking forward. :)

Well, more like Dutch refugees it seems.
They speak about a popular relocation of the city of Amsterdam (where I live, so it peaked my interest) which is logical with the rising sea levels in this future world. Though how do you relocate an entire city?
Relocating its citizens I get, but then it would be the entire country since 50% of the Netherlands is already below sea-level and the rest isn't that far above it. So rising sea-levels would drown our country very fast and even the dikes and embankments wouldn't keep the sea out. The new tech-cities that can move on the water I understand (sort of:)). Maybe breaking it down piece by piece and rebuilding it somewhere else on higher ground? Good luck in finding room for all of our 17 million people ;) somewhere in the already dense populated North-Western Europe. :lol: And how about the 6,5 million Flemish and the 5 million Danes whose lands aren't that high above sealevel either.

All in all I wish we would get more background for the old and new factions alike.

I saw the second city you build has a Celtic name (Irish or Gaelic?) and the third or fourth (Fjarran) seems to be Swedish in origin.
So I guess the teritorry on earth stretches from Ireland and Great Britain over the former Netherlands towards Denmark and Sweden/Norway? No word on Germany though so I get the feeling they get a Faction of their own in Middle Europe with some of it's other neighbors maybe?

They speak about a popular relocation of the city of Amsterdam (where I live, so it peaked my interest) which is logical with the rising sea levels in this future world. Though how do you relocate an entire city?
Relocating its citizens I get, but then it would be the entire country since 50% of the Netherlands is already below sea-level and the rest isn't that far above it. So rising sea-levels would drown our country very fast and even the dikes and embankments wouldn't keep the sea out. The new tech-cities that can move on the water I understand (sort of:)). Maybe breaking it down piece by piece and rebuilding it somewhere else on higher ground? Good luck in finding room for all of our 17 million people ;) somewhere in the already dense populated North-Western Europe. :lol: And how about the 6,5 million Flemish and the 5 million Danes whose lands aren't that high above sealevel either.

All in all I wish we would get more background for the old and new factions alike.

I saw the second city you build has a Celtic name (Irish or Gaelic?) and the third or fourth (Fjarran) seems to be Swedish in origin.
So I guess the teritorry on earth stretches from Ireland and Great Britain over the former Netherlands towards Denmark and Sweden/Norway? No word on Germany though so I get the feeling they get a Faction of their own in Middle Europe with some of it's other neighbors maybe?

If they have the technlogy to make floating cities on water without sinking them.. I'm sure they have technology to move cities on land xD

Maybe they moved Amsterdam INTO the North Sea.

And I hope Germany does not get its own faction, too much Europe already (it has 3..as many as Asia does w the new middle Eastern one)

Germany could have simply dissolved into a bunch of smaller client states dominated by its 3 bigger neighbors.

Either that or part of a geographically disparate sponsor (Germany, Japan, Mexico, South Africa): Entente... has diplomatic bonuses

Now that's what I was talking about in another thread: Alliance. Notice how the faction name sounds awesome just because of that "title".

Slavic Federation.

Khavithan Protectorate.

North Sea Alliance.

All factions should have this kinda stuff for flavor, it is a very sci-fi thing imo.

Franco-Iberia. The name itself in nice, but it lacks impact. Try Franco-Iberia Coalition; sounds much better, right?

Al-Falah? How about Al-Falah Dominion?

EDIT: also, their capital name is great! Deepcastle, sounds bad ass and appropriate. Even in Portuguese it sounds good if the best words are chosen [Castelo das Profundezas]; irrelevant, since the faction has nothing to do with it, but I felt like mentioning :)

Top Bottom