Rising Tide Screenshot Discussion

Concerning polyps and the blue rocky resource, I'd say the polyps will be a food source and the blue rocks will be like gems from civ 5 but situated on the sea--that is, production and energy.

Speaking of strategic resource uses for hybrid units, I also agree it should be more expensive.

But it should be more or less on par with the equivalent parental affinity versions.

Supremacy / Harmony might have the bonuses of working in tandem with other units, but maybe the move speed of Harmony.

Polyps makes me guess that there will be a watery alien nest.

And then I just realized one thing right now, rising tides might finally have a Sea fortress implemented at last. Aka, Citadels for land now have ones for the water. Because it obviously can now be done. XD

So as we have no new screenshots atm, what would you like to see in the next one Firaxis releases?

The diplomacy screen. That's the big improvement that I (and probably most people here) am waiting waiting for. The one thing that decides whether I'll give Rising Tide a shot.

The diplomacy screen. That's the big improvement that I (and probably most people here) am waiting waiting for. The one thing that decides whether I'll give Rising Tide a shot.

I actually wonder how the tech web will change also.

This is easily the biggest thing that could make or break Rising Tide for me. BE was such a disappointment and I really want to like it. I still play Civ5 currently because the CPP improves on the AI so much and they are a real challenge. I just want a 4X game with an AI that tries to win and tries to stop me and the other AIs from winning. If BERT can have something close to that along with interesting diplomacy options (that the AI knows how to use) then that would sell it more than all the other changes combined. More civs, techs, units, etc. are nice, but if the game is so boring that I don't want to play it, then they might as well not exist.

awesome!

So it seems (my guess) that personality traits are like civics, you unlock them, pick up to 4, and they give you bonuses and diplo penalties / bonuses with other AI. I wonder what the blue sphere resource in the main screen is.

Nifty diplomacy screen.

I see Al-Falah's colors are a subdued blue and yellow. It's better than some of the screaming neons of the original 8.

Is that blue icon on the top bar new? It looks like a type of currency like energy or culture.

I suppose the pick axe menu in the lower right is for organizing artifacts.

There's also an aquatic alien and a damaged tier 3 patrol boat of what looks to be Supremacy affiliation.

Nifty diplomacy screen.

I see Al-Falah's colors are a subdued blue and yellow. It's better than some of the screaming neons of the original 8.

Is that blue icon on the top bar new? It looks like a type of currency like energy or culture.

It's definitely a new something and I am rather curious as to what it represents.

We do see a new naval unit, I think that is the Purity Tier 3 melee naval warship. Diplomacy management screen is interesting.

Great find!!

A couple things I noticed:
- new counter looks like a blue globe with the numbers 756 (+10). I am guessing this might the resource that you spend on new personality traits.
- brand new diplo overview screen (no surprise since the diplo system is all new). We see option to manage traits. Info like agreements, affinities with leaders seem well placed so that the player will have better access to that info.
- the mini map looks like better to me. The continents and oceans seem more distinct now.
-Looks like organics has a new building. I don't recognize the button immediately to the right of the harmony logo.

Also a new alien, resource and exploration thingy

Wow, great find. :goodjob:
You had me a bit worried with the title. I assumed there's a new leader called Vandal and thought "Oh no, they've made the Germans warmongering barbarians again:rolleyes:".
I didn't expect to see anything of substance yet, particularly not diplomacy. It looks like traits can be changed during the game and there's a new currency. Probably the "political capital" that has been mentioned before and plays a role in diplomacy. The tech web also seems to have gone through a major overhaul with stem techs now providing affinity points,

Wow, great find. :goodjob:
You had me a bit worried with the title. I assumed there's a new leader called Vandal and thought "Oh no, they've made the Germans warmongering barbarians again:rolleyes:".
I didn't expect to see anything of substance yet, particularly not diplomacy. It looks like traits can be changed during the game and there's a new currency. Probably the "political capital" that has been mentioned before and plays a role in diplomacy. The tech web also seems to have gone through a major overhaul with stem techs now providing affinity points,

Sorry, Vandal is the name of the Spanish gaming website I stumbled on. No sign of Germanic faction yet.

Great find!!
Looks like organics has a new building. I don't recognize the button immediately to the right of the harmony logo.

That looks like a new unit icon, or they may have made new icons for passive bonuses to replace the generic star thing in a circle. There's also a new wonder. Let's hope it's worth building.

Also, we got a name for this alien unit:

Hydracoral - a combination of terrain and enemy presence. Players can clear them out by engaging in an attack, although there is a good chance it will potentially anger the alien wildlife of the planet. Players can also consider using these alien lifeforms strategically as a defense mechanism as well.

https://www.facebook.com/civ/photos...17631940358/10153321976435359/?type=1&theater

Ooh, some nice new screenshots.

It looks like the minimap may be opaque now by default without having to tweak the UserSettings file.

Also, there's a lot of coastal water now. It looks like it doesn't only generate around land anymore, so I guess it could simply be called shallow ocean. Interesting. I'm really looking forward to Thursday.

There's also an aquatic alien and a damaged tier 3 patrol boat of what looks to be Supremacy affiliation.
I think it's Purity, it sports the gold colour scheme and the sponsor has a Purity city.

Also, it's kinda cool that we will be able to see our own leader, since that actually gives you a glimpse into your own faction's society through the Affinity variations of the leaders.

Top Bottom