(Rising Tides) Quill 18's Chungsu Gameplay

Seems like the "AI won't peace out"-bug is still not fixed in Quills build. I wonder if that will make it live at this point... ^^

Seems like the "AI won't peace out"-bug is still not fixed in Quills build. I wonder if that will make it live at this point... ^^

Is that the same bug where 2 AIs or make peace if you eliminate one or is this a different bug? In any case, hopefully, the bug will be fixed in a patch.

Is that the same bug where 2 AIs or make peace if you eliminate one or is this a different bug? In any case, hopefully, the bug will be fixed in a patch.
No, the new Diplo-System has a bug where the AI will literally never accept any peace offer from you. They will still offer peace from time to time though, but you'll not be able to peace out yourself.

The old bug is probably "fixed" due to the fact that the "Let's declare war on..."-Diplo Option doesn't exist anymore.

No, the new Diplo-System has a bug where the AI will literally never accept any peace offer from you. They will still offer peace from time to time though, but you'll not be able to peace out yourself.

The old bug is probably "fixed" due to the fact that the "Let's declare war on..."-Diplo Option doesn't exist anymore.

That is a game breaking bug. let's hope they fix it quickly.

Yes, it has been moved to level 15. Excellent!!

I wouldn't be too happy about that just yet. Looks like Affinity Levels are about the same in terms of "How many affinity points do I need?", but there's more Affinity available on the tech web. May very well just be moved up a bit because we now gain more affinity levels even quicker.

Given this was also mentioned as being an awful bug in Quill's NSA LP, where he mentioned it to the devs, I'd be very disappointed if it wasn't fixed.

Quill18 just unlocked a unique wonder from artifacts called "quantum politics". It grants 100% faster virtues.
:eek::crazyeye::eek: wow that wonder, does that mean like 100% more culture or Virtue cost is half? or you get a free virtue for every virtue gained with culture? probably not the last one but jeez that wonder.

I wouldn't be too happy about that just yet. Looks like Affinity Levels are about the same in terms of "How many affinity points do I need?", but there's more Affinity available on the tech web. May very well just be moved up a bit because we now gain more affinity levels even quicker.
also they fixed and added affinity quests you gain affinity much faster with quests, but we will have to see how much of a difference it makes, I still think real Victory quests that ends in you building the wonder would be best. it would have to be a long quest obviously but that's the point.

I'm really hoping that the much more abundant health (from perks and a few other sources) and different way of handling affinity allows for more interesting tech/virtue paths.

Edit-
Culture wonder halved his virtue cost (from 1100 to 500 something).

I'm really hoping that the much more abundant health (from perks and a few other sources) and different way of handling affinity allows for more interesting tech/virtue paths.

Edit-
Culture wonder halved his virtue cost (from 1100 to 500 something).
This. It's insane since it costs very little too. (he built that in 1 turn)

Looks like lucks with artifacts can be real game changers.

also they fixed and added affinity quests you gain affinity much faster with quests, but we will have to see how much of a difference it makes, I still think real Victory quests that ends in you building the wonder would be best. it would have to be a long quest obviously but that's the point.
Yeah, if they don't manage (or don't want) to get the AI to attack you, then that would be the most sensible decision.

It seems like Quill is currently on Purity 16 without having researched a single Ring 3 Affinity Tech unless he picked some up in the very south of the tech web.

This. It's insane since it costs very little too. (he built that in 1 turn)

Looks like lucks with artifacts can be real game changers.

Well, he is playing on quick speed which makes things build faster. Also, this wonder would be somewhat rare since it requires 3 of certain progenitor ruins.

But yest, the artifact system can grant some powerful bonuses if you are lucky. It really rewards exploration in a big way.

Yeah, if they don't manage (or don't want) to get the AI to attack you, then that would be the most sensible decision.

It seems like Quill is currently on Purity 16 without having researched a single Ring 3 Affinity Tech unless he picked some up in the very south of the tech web.

He is, but remember it's quick. I'm not sure how that's affecting his progression (as he got something like 3 or 4 turns of back to back upgrades just from quests and other shenanigans)

Edit-
I'm also wondering if artifact combo's scale, and thus his was so powerful because the artifacts were found late game vs early game.

I suspect that playing on quick speed is making things faster than they normally would be.

Well, regarding the victory wonders at affinity 15: yes, there's more points available on the tech web now, but we still don't know exactly what you have to do with those wonders, right? I'm not going to keep my hopes very high, but maybe things have been changed-up and take much longer to actually achieve victory once you construct these wonders. Also, hopefully they're more interesting to progress/hinder as well (maybe they start a new victory quest line?) instead of just having to simply wait longer for the mindflower, send more units through the warp gate, or settle more earthlings. There's been plenty of ideas here thrown around to at least inspire something new with them (or maybe we just have to wait for expansion #2 which will probably focus on the later half of the game).

He is, but remember it's quick. I'm not sure how that's affecting his progression (as he got something like 3 or 4 turns of back to back upgrades just from quests and other shenanigans)
+
I suspect that playing on quick speed is making things faster than they normally would be.

Well, Affinity and Quest Progress should be the same in relation to Game Speed. It least it is in Beyond Earth, I don't see a reason why they'd change that.

Well, regarding the victory wonders at affinity 15: yes, there's more points available on the tech web now, but we still don't know exactly what you have to do with those wonders, right? I'm not going to keep my hopes very high, but maybe things have been changed-up and take much longer to actually achieve victory once you construct these wonders. Also, hopefully they're more interesting to progress/hinder as well (maybe they start a new victory quest line?) instead of just having to simply wait longer for the mindflower, send more units through the warp gate, or settle more earthlings. There's been plenty of ideas here thrown around to at least inspire something new with them (or maybe we just have to wait for expansion #2 which will probably focus on the later half of the game).
At least in the version that Quinn is playing that doesn't seem to be the case. But I also don't see anything that makes "Hybrid Affinities able to achieve those victories", so maybe it's just incomplete. But if it goes live like that... well, that would be a -4 Respect for Firaxis from my side.

Yeah, I wouldn't go off of anything in too much detail unless it's on the Standard game speed. Too many things break when you hasten or slow the game.

Top Bottom