1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

(Rising Tides) Quill 18's Chungsu Gameplay

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by Veras, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Gali

Gali Prince

Massive bug fromt he livestream. It also pops up in part 4 of the lp. I noticed in the livestream that he could build a petrochemical plant, which requires an improved source of oil within range in a city with oil 4 tiles out. The oil was not even in his borders much less improved. The same thing happened for the purity building gaia well and geothermal. The game is counting all resources within I guess 5 tiles that exist as worked and improved. His livestream capital could build an observatory becasue of firaxite buried under a nest outside his borders. Hopefully the day 1 patch that will consolidate the trade units will fix this.

2. Acken

Acken Deity

Huh ? It's a TBS not Diablo rng galore :rolleyes:

3. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

Note that this is a pre-release build that he has had for a little while now, not a brand new one. He released content today due to a lightening of the news embargo.

4. Gali

Gali Prince

I know that its pre release, that's why i said that the patch might fix it. I'm sure they're going all out on bug fixing at the moment. Just thought I'd mention it as something to look out for. Besides the peace bug is still there after months so I don't entirely trust them to fix this stuff. I thought it was a big enough bug to comment on.

5. Doviello

Doviello Warlord

The current let's play's being uploaded are quill18, marbozir, solar gamer and writing bull, did i miss any?

6. Veras

Veras Prince

The Solar Gamer is about to start one too

7. Natura

Natura Warlord

So they put in a hybrid unit specifically designed for supporting sieges...and they don't have hybrid siege units.

Somewhat worrying.

I wonder if the bonus kicks in immediately or if you have to wait for the trade route to refresh itself.

8. Red Menace

Red Menace Prepare to be Menaced

Is it that different from having a Hybrid Floating Aircraft Carrier Ultimate unit with no Hybrid Airplanes? :lol: :crazyeye:

Yes somewhat worrying indeed. :scan: :scan:

9. Halbbruder

Halbbruder Prince

Indeed. How hard is it to provide hybrid planes, subs, carriers and artillery? Moreover, a hybrid layout of the cities would also be nice.

10. Natura

Natura Warlord

Quill18 took some questions over at Reddit

Guess that explains why the devs hadn't shown us any footage from late-game: it's the same as we have now. Quite disappointing.

11. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

The affinity requirement for victories was pushed to level 15. So there was a big change, just not the changes that some were hoping for.

12. Doviello

Doviello Warlord

According to quill on reddit, victory wonders are buildable at affinity 15, and there doesn't seem to be any mechanic that makes them easily accessible to a hybrid player.

Well that's annoying.

13. legalizefreedom

legalizefreedom Inefficiency Expert

They have stated on many occasions that no victories have been created for the hybrid affinities. You still need to level up a single affinity for victory conditions.

14. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

That's because there are no hybrid players by design.
    You always have a core affinity, there are just a few perks/units for your 'off' affinity.
    Hybrids aren't averages, they are 'addons'
    (In the game as designed...which I think is too limiting)

15. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

I don't see this an issue. hybrid affinities give the player a ton of bonuses, the hybrid bonuses plus the bonuses from the second affinity, and cool unique units. So it more than makes up for the fact that you might be a bit behind in the victory race. Plus, affinity points are spread out more so it is easier to catch up in affinity levels.

16. omniclast

omniclast Prince

They have also said in multiple occasions that they made the affinity VCs accessible to hybrids.

Their idea of "accessible" apparently just isn't the same as ours.

17. Doviello

Doviello Warlord

I get that the hybrids aren't really affinities on their own. But in the just-posted Q&A, they repeated, quite clearly, (as many times before), that they adjusted them for hybrids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOdxFmrFims

"Hybrids don't come with their own victory, but they do change how you pursue the pure affinity victories. On top of that, the whole catalog of victories has been rebalanced to take hybrid affinities into account."

However, right after that, he says:

"But if you want to pursue the emancipation, promissed land or transcendence victory, you deffinitely need a strong harmony, purity or supremacy experience"

So, what does "adjusted victory to take hybrids into account" mean?

Unless they give those wonders requirements like the unit upgrades, for example: "Mind Flower: requires harmony 15, or Harmony12/Purity12, or Harmony12/Supremacy12"

But that doesn't seem to be the case.

18. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

I think the devs are referring to how affinity points are spread out over the tech web now. The devs spread out affinity points and hybrid points to make sure that hybrid players could still reach the victory conditions in a reasonable effort. If you beeline for say the emancipation gate, you will still pick up supremacy points along with your other hybrid points to put you within reach of the victory.

19. GAGA Extrem

GAGA Extrem Emperor

Sadly that's not a big change at all, it's just ~10-15 extra turns of playtime.

Should be easy to mod in, though. Which makes me glad, because I like the idea of having hybrid affinities as an alternative wonder prerequirements.

Actually, it might even solve one of the big issues with the tech web, since it would finally allow you to pick whatever techs you want, as long as you end up with a (lets guess) 12/12 Affinity level combination!

20. omniclast

omniclast Prince

They really need to have hybrids able to reach victory conditions, otherwise there really won't be much point in using the fancy new units. That would really turn that whole aspect of the game into a dud IMO.