(Rising Tides) Quill 18's Chungsu Gameplay

New water only wonder:
Abyssal Mirror (unlocked with tech Geoscaping)
Cost: 904
+5 diplo capital
Effect: orbital units launched from this city may overlap the coverage area of other orbital units by 1 tile
Can only be built in water cities

Well, THAT'S Certainly cool... and sounds insanely overpowered. :D

If yields of the same type of satellite stack, then... you can have a solar collector on every tile of a city and get a total of 140% bonus-Energy and every single tile can have +7 Energy. :D

I assume - HOPE! - they don't stack though.

If yields of the same type of satellite stack, then... you can have a solar collector on every tile of a city and get a total of 140% bonus-Energy and every single tile can have +7 Energy. :D

If it was absolute 1 tile then it wouldn't be possible though. Just only useful for giving a city 2 sat bonus.

I think you read the description a little too fast ;)

Because if you can overlap one tile, solar collector can be launched every 2 tiles instead of every 3 tiles =)

Oh. ...right. I guess I misread that, your version makes a lot more sense. That actually sounds really cool and balanced as long as the 20% Energy from Solar Collectors don't count twice.

They actually can move into deep ocean with the right technology (the one that allows embarkation).

Side note, embarkation is available by default now, no tech necessary.
Ocean moving cities is enabled by the tech that Used to give embarkation (and now gives ocean moving cities and amphibious trade units)

New water only wonder:
+5 diplo capital
Effect: orbital units launched from this city may overlap the coverage area of other orbital units by 1 tile
The Slavic Federation is going COASTAL, I can see the satellites now. so many of them and they all cost so little. :D :crazyeye:
EDIT: just realized its on Geoscaping, meaning its on my route for Orbital Fabricators I get plenty of time to build up an Aquatic city for this wonder and use Orbital Fabricators to assist in its production. :D

This is a creative and very good wonder we need more wonders like this to make them worth building, not some crappy hugely expensive Cynosure that nets you about 4-5 science for 1500 :c5production:

Side note, embarkation is available by default now, no tech necessary.
Ocean moving cities is enabled by the tech that Used to give embarkation (and now gives ocean moving cities and amphibious trade units)
Yes and I believe that Amphibious trade routes are being removed in a patch and the 2 trade units are being combined into 1.

New water only wonder:
+5 diplo capital
A wonder in Beyond Earth that's actually worth building?
Surely shome mishtake?

If you ever get 5-5-5, your health will explode :p ( check how quill's health bounced when he reached five in every affinity )

The hybrid perks seem kind of wonky. It will basically always be worth getting the extra science from getting 2 supremacy if you are going harmony, or vice versa. By end game you will probably have all of the affinity 2 hybrids. I'm not sure if that's intended?

I think it's intended. If you take some time to get some non-dominant affinity techs, you'll get rewarded. So you Do have the choice between rushing your affinity victory(and techs) or gets those hybrid affinity bonus in order to catch up your delay with those powerful side bonus

The hybrid perks seem kind of wonky. It will basically always be worth getting the extra science from getting 2 supremacy if you are going harmony, or vice versa. By end game you will probably have all of the affinity 2 hybrids. I'm not sure if that's intended?

Sure, but what I guess what matters is "when" you get the 2 to activate the hybrid perk. Maybe you get the 2 sooner or maybe later because you really want to get a different tech or you want to increase another affinity further.

Same with all the 5's. When you're 5/5/2, if you bump a 5 up +3 you get another new primary perk. BUT, if you spread things out and bump your 2 up +3, you get a new primary perk AND a new hybrid perk. It could be an enticing "distraction" from beelining what you intend on making your primary affinity endgame.

The 10/8/x mark is an interesting point, because then the choices are one perk vs one perk and can go either way: get a 12 to activate the primary (and be 3 away from victory wonder eligibility with the proper tech) or go 10/10 to activate the hybrid.

For all the early perk choices, it's mostly just about how soon you plan on getting them and benefitting from them.

Not sure if it was nerfed or just clarified, but Promethean now says the city doesn't produce unhealth from buildings or worked tiles. That seems pretty terrible for +25 turns of production, and it was one of the only wonders worth building.

Not sure if it was nerfed or just clarified, but Promethean now says the city doesn't produce unhealth from buildings or worked tiles. That seems pretty terrible for +25 turns of production, and it was one of the only wonders worth building.

Well I guess it means you only build it in mass manufactury city.

Oh. ...right. I guess I misread that, your version makes a lot more sense. That actually sounds really cool and balanced as long as the 20% Energy from Solar Collectors don't count twice.

Depends how "launched from this city" works. If it works as it reads and satellites from that city can overlap ANYWHERE in orbital coverage that's silly strong. Solar collectors now worth a maximum of +13 energy instead of +7 energy for minimal investment; an already strong satellite made way stronger. Would kinda suck having to build all your SCs in one city, but then again it's not like they take long to build anyway and having all your academies paid for is still ridiculous. Beyond that one would think bonuses don't stack, as potentially having +60% energy in your cities from solar collectors is madness. Nevermind on expecting them not to stack actually, that's exactly the kind of imbalance I expect from BERT now that I think about it.

If it ends up just being in that city's orbital coverage (ie: if the tooltip is inaccurate or poorly worded, which could be the case) that's probably more sensible aside from the fact it's on a tech that, if I recall correctly, is in a kinda crappy part of the tech web.

Also, I like how I immediately think "oh, a solar collector based wonder", not a satellite based wonder. :D

This is a creative and very good wonder we need more wonders like this to make them worth building, not some crappy hugely expensive Cynosure that nets you about 4-5 science for 1500 :c5production:

Abuse it while you can; if it's strong enough to be any fun it's destined to be nerfed in favour of something like "+1 production for every 10 citizens" or whatever. :(

I think it's intended. If you take some time to get some non-dominant affinity techs, you'll get rewarded. So you Do have the choice between rushing your affinity victory(and techs) or gets those hybrid affinity bonus in order to catch up your delay with those powerful side bonus

I think that is a bad design that muddles the difference between the affinities.

They would have done better to rework affinity bonuses into a trait or virtue system.

There are some good new aquatic wonders. there is one that gives 2 production to all coastal tiles and is limited to aquatic cities. That could be a lot of production and its mid-game if I remember.

Today's Firaxis Livestream had some cool Artifacts buildings.

Drone Command. Allows you to work 2 additional tiles (above population ).

Soul-Discerning thing(?)
Complete covert ops faster.

Well I guess it means you only build it in mass manufactury city.

That's what I was thinking, but I then I thought the production you sink into the wonder would likely offset most of the extra production you'd get out of the manufactories.

Well unless you use that city to produce a wonder victory. Spend the production that would go into useless late game buildings into the promethean and then manufactory it up to shave some turns off the wonder and get a quicker victory. You could just buy buildings in that city.

I'm just waiting for the devs to say that it's working as intended, since a sponsor reduced to their last city will decide they'd rather go down fighting than surrender.

More and more signs point to RT being rushed out the door. When will publishers learn.

They got a question about it in the livestream today, and they said it is working as intended.

Top Bottom