1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rival Colony boundary

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Bug Reports' started by tour86rocker, Oct 7, 2008.

1. tour86rocker

tour86rocker Chieftain

Problem: colonial AI's sometimes like to set up a colony right next to yours (separated by one tile). It seems like the second colony's influence always supercedes the first colony's.

Producing bells can strike back at this, but in the current version, this produces a very strong response in the king's REF growth, allowing AI colonies who don't care about winning their own WoI to very easily take advantage of you.

2. Refar

Refar Chieftain

The current territory mechanic doesn't feel right. I.e not with the connection to REF - you claim more land for the Glory of the Country, and the King get mad on you and increase the REF :crazyeye:
    "First come, first serve" would be a more reasonable approach for territorial claims between Colnies, while the current "Buy or Claim" works good enought for natives.

But unless it changes in later patches...
    You could/should just remove the offending settlement. The Colonial AI is _very_ poor on the matters of war.

3. tour86rocker

tour86rocker Chieftain

Yeah, perhaps an attempt to infringe on somebody's territory should bring up a diplomatic screen where you can demand a price from them (like the Indians do) or require them to declare war against you.

I mean, it is a pretty direct threat/affront, if you ask me!