river connection?

bob the builder

Chieftain
are the tiles with fresh water counted as river? volgograd and kiev are connected to moskva and moskva is to volgograd but no one of the rivers actually looks to reach any of the cities.
here's a screen where i marked tiles with fresh water

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    225.1 KB · Views: 390
I think there is a river in a lot of the tiles you marked, you just can't see it because the trees are in the way.

EDIT: Yes, there is river in all of the tiles you marked- a river on the border or corner of a tile is the same thing as a river on the tile.

EDIT AGAIN: I don't think your cities are connected, though.

Stalingrad should be hooked up to Moskva via the coast tiles and the river that goes from Moskva to the coast (provided you have sailing). The same should be true for Kiev, assuming you have view of all of the coast tiles between Kiev and Stalingrad. But I can't figure out any way that Volgograd should be hooked up to Moskva at all -- the river it is on goes neither to the sea nor past any of the other cities.

There is a square between Moskova and Volograd that has the start of two rivers in it ... one going to each city independently. Do you think it's possible that the game is looking at this square and saying "Yeah, there's a river there" and thus creating a connection between the two independent river systems?

Kolyana said:
There is a square between Moskova and Volograd that has the start of two rivers in it ... one going to each city independently. Do you think it's possible that the game is looking at this square and saying "Yeah, there's a river there" and thus creating a connection between the two independent river systems?

Yes, exactly. It's a bit annoying, but maybe it's fixed in the new 1.52 patch.

Efexeye said:
EDIT AGAIN: I don't think your cities are connected, though.
yes, they got trade routes

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 132
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 129
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 120
Renata said:
Stalingrad should be hooked up to Moskva via the coast tiles and the river that goes from Moskva to the coast (provided you have sailing).
nope, i only got mining and hunting

Has to be some weird bug then. Kiev and Stalingrad shouldn't be connected to anything without coastal trade, even if Kolyana's right about the river sources confusing things.

Top Bottom