Rivers missing on the map

Sascha77

Prince
Just started yet another Japan-game and came across this:

Apparently I'm surrounded by rivers here, but they don't show up in normal map mode. Switching to strategic view does show them, as do the tile-popups in normal view.

I saved the game and reloaded it to see if that would fix it, but it didn't.

I've attached the save-game in question. Would be nice if someone could check if they get the same behavior on their system.

BTW: Win 10 64 system, GF GTX 660 with latest drivers.

S.

Attachments

• HOJO TOKIMUNE 1 4000 BC.Civ6Save
    423.7 KB · Views: 184
Does the same for me when I load your save -- no visible rivers on the main map, but visible in strategic view.

Does the same for me when I load your save -- no visible rivers on the main map, but visible in strategic view.

Thanks for that.

In the meantime I tried re-starting the game which also didn't help with the save. Then I checked other save-games which showed the rivers just fine. I re-rolled my Japan-game and the new map had no problem displaying the rivers either.

Strange ...

So, I didn't understand why my units wouldn't move, why the housing was green in some tiles...

On an inland sea map, there is One river that is visible on the map. All the other ones are not, unless you go into the strategicmode.

That's even worse than Civ V's peaks sometimes appearing as hills when they were on the x=0 column, because here I can't see any river but one.
The fact one river is visible is puzzling. The game is just not playable unless I stay in strategic view all the time.

Please post a save file

Thread merged with existing Bug Reports thread reporting the same issue.

I'm trying to reproduce.
Every time I runan inland sea with temperature:High + Wet, I can't see the rivers.
When I run it without changeing temperature and climate, it shows. Or at least, some of them do...

Have had this same glitch on every Inland Sea map I played. Some rivers are visible, some are not. It seems to be more reliable near the center of the map, maybe check if it's related to the rivers originating off the "edge" of the map? (Inland Sea being the only map type to usually have land right up to the edge.)

I have the same problem on Inland Sea map (can see rivers clearly on Strategic View). Seems to be OK on other map types. I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit on GeForce GTX 570 version 373.06.

Seems to be OK on other map types
I think this is down to individual maps/seeds, not the map type in general.

I've had island maps where rivers showed up, no problem. Perhaps it's a certain combination of terrain-features that causes the problem. The fact that other players experienced the same behavior with my save-game as I did seems to support this.

S.

Confirmed. -Loaded the save and experienced the same behavior. W8.1

I know civ V had the same kind of issues with peaks on some of the x= 0 line. Maybe some rivers won't show if they appear in some terrain/coordinates. It's a bit of a pain to test, though; I'd rather Firaxis QA looked on it than do the testing for them. With a map editor, it could be possible to test more quickly, but there's no ingame editor like in IV, and the V editor is a pain because you have to quit and launch before you see the aforementioned bug if I remember well. So even using that in VI would still be a lengthy process.

I also had this issue repeatedly on inland map mode... Anyone have any good seeds for maps that work? :D

I have started several games on that map type. Last 6 were with Barbarossa (Germany).
At least 4 of them had invisible rivers. Sometimes i see invisible rivers at game start, sometimes rivers near my capital are visible, but later in the game i find some invisible.
Maybe it is not only on Inland sea map and i'm not sure if civilization matters. I also had playthrough as Arabia on this map type, but i was sitting quetly in the corner until game crashed and killed save - so not sure if this bug have been there too.
Examples in attachments (different games, "invisible river2" is my first game where i witnessed this bug - right on start. "invisible river" had rivers visible on start spot, but after exploration i found some invisible, save from "invisible river2" screensot included too)

Attachments

• invisible river.png
    invisible river.png
    3 MB · Views: 335
  • invisible river2.png
    invisible river2.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 305
  • FREDERICK BARBAROSSA 2 3960 BC.Civ6Save
    924.6 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
I never saw missing rivers on other map modes. Really sucks as inland see is my fav map type but right now is basically unplayable. Could be like someone said about the edge of the map borking things up.

I wonder how long I've been playing with this handicap..

strategic view, rivers clearly visible

Where is the river? Although the tooltip indicates it is there

Here's another two:

Look at all these rivers near Frances capital

once again, onscreen no visible rivers
Notice, the rivers near my capital Pokrovka are visible on the normal view. Some seem to render, some don't? It's kind of a handicap as I don't feel I should have to play the whole game in strategic view just to see all the damn rivers.

I've noticed this mostly on the map "Inland Sea" but now i'm wondering how many games I've played already not knowing that a river is there on the normal view.

I have the initial version of the game 1.0.0.26

Ahhh, just noticed this as I created another thread (which will probably get merged here). It is the Inland Sea map. I thought I was going insane.

Moderator Action: Threads merged.

Last edited by a moderator:
Inland sea map rivers only show in strategic view.

Map settings are new age, wet climate, random temperature where with the desert I'm guessing it ended up with hot.

Attachments

• inland sea no river.Civ6Save
    1.2 MB · Views: 156
Top Bottom