Road connection bug?

jlim201

King
Recently, I noticed a bug where my trade routes just suddenly disconnect. I have to reload the game to fix this, although this is very annoying. I also lose 150 gold. Is there any way to prevent this?

Need more info. What version of the game are you playing? Vanilla, G&K, BNW?

Is the trade route to a city state or to the AI?

BNW, i mean trade routes as in road connections.

Are all your roads within your territory or in neutral territory? If any road segment goes through an AI's territory and you don't have Open Borders, the connection will be broken. If any road segment is in a CS's territory and you're not at least "friendly" with that CS, the connection will be broken.

I remember in one game I played, I had a road between two cities that ran through neutral territory. One of the AI's city's borders expanded into a tile of one of my road segments and cut off the trade route. It took me a while to figure out what caused the problem.

I've had sections of roads disappear in my empire. It happens in most of my games. At first I thought I was just forgetting to have workers improve the tile but it happened on tiles I remembered.

Never had roads disappear like tide15 mentioned...are you using any mods?
As for the actual cause i am inclined towards Shaglio's explanation if it is a legitimate game issue and the reason why i never rely on roads going through territory i don't specifically own even if it means going a longer route.
I notice you did say you have to reload the game to solve the issue, are you using any mods or are two parts of your empire connected by a harbour...as barbarian ship or a ship you are at war with could be blockading your harbour occasionally?

If this is Vanilla, there is a popup that occurs when you build a Harbor; but that was only a display error, when you look again, you saw that it still had trade connection.

Never had roads disappear like tide15 mentioned...are you using any mods?
As for the actual cause i am inclined towards Shaglio's explanation if it is a legitimate game issue and the reason why i never rely on roads going through territory i don't specifically own even if it means going a longer route.
I notice you did say you have to reload the game to solve the issue, are you using any mods or are two parts of your empire connected by a harbour...as barbarian ship or a ship you are at war with could be blockading your harbour occasionally?

I use a good number of mods. It very well could be the reason Fluffball

Top Bottom