Road Rage!

Here is a little tactical trick I have been using lately. Ghandi was jamming be with an early city next to my border. The cultural border of this city does not meet his other nearest city. He sent workers to build a road between these two cities. I sent a War Chariot to destroy this road. This has several advantages…

1. You can destroy his road without declaring war.

2. You deprive the rest of his empire from the resources in this city, which, in this case, included gold and Elephants.

3. This slows his development.

4. Eliminating this road makes it more difficult for him to send reinforcements there when this city is my first target in a War Chariot early rush.

5. He will eventually send workers to rebuild the road. I kept my WC there and captured these workers on the same turn I declared war on Ghandi. I hate Ghandi. You have to kill him early or else he usually dominates.:)

Or... could it have been better to focus EP on him and steal all his whored techs until you could vassallize him and take his techs that way ;)

Give me Gandhi and Mansa as only neighbours (no other civ in sight) and we will get Liberalism before 500 AD :D

Worst thing about Tokugawa is that he's such a pain in the ass to actually get rid of. Stupid Protective trait.

Play Civ Revolutions on PS3 and Ghandi is the most agressive b..ch in the whole darn game. I wish I could get monty/shaka/genghis as neighbors over there instead of Ghandi :p I always have to laugh when he is supposed to be peacefull but is the first to declare war in that game.

To OP: Nice trick but very situational.

@OP:

This is a really good idea. I have never actually thought about that. Maybe naot Gandhi is the best target, and the AIs rarely settle that far from their borders, but when they do, this is an excellent startegy :king:

To OP: Nice trick but very situational.

One thing to watch for, though, can be workers sent through your territory (usually in the middle ages) building a road to some far-flung captured barb city. It actually seems to happen to me in a surprising amount of games. Many times I will just troll the offending AI by burning the roads its workers build through my civ's borders if they aren't helpful to me in any way. If nothing else, it keeps the workers occupied until you're ready to steal them :mischief:

Another thing you can do is wait for A to take B's city, sometimes tiles will become neutral which you can pillage to your heart's content

One leader I really dislike is a Joao on the other side of the continent where you can't stop his expansion.

Top Bottom