1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Road to War Custom Game

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Road to War' started by random1218, Feb 19, 2012.

1. random1218

random1218 Chieftain

Am I the only person to load the RtW mod, but not play the scenarios? I like to play regular games with the modern civs (favorite of which is Albania :)) and invade, oh I don't know, Norway? Finland? Brazil? USA? Canada? The combat also cool since it implements Dale's Combat Mod (Port Airbomb FTW!) The only negatives are the occasional crashes (AUTOSAVE!!!) limited buildings, and cities called TXT_KEY_CITYNAME_WW2_BALKAN2. Other than that, they are really fun.
    I am doing it with the retail version of RtW BtS version 3.19
    Does anybody do this? If so, what are your strategies?

By the way, this is my first post, so pardon me if I put this thread in the wrong place.

2. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

It is the right place.

I am glad you found RTW ... it is one of the best modern official expansion pack mods. Good Luck and enjoy. I did, until I discovered modding and created my own version. And my second version is under development and it too uses Dales Combat Mod.

3. Raven Destroyer

Raven Destroyer Chieftain

I also played a custom map while initial troubles with starting up (well the units are meant to be build with already reasonable infrastructure built at the start of the game) i really enjoyed it

4. random1218

random1218 Chieftain

That is exactly why I choose advanced start, and start at future era. I don't like having 5 :strength: infantry fight 20 :strength: German Infantry.

BTW, what Civ did you play as? :crazyeye: :p

5. Raven Destroyer

Can't remember probably the Nazi's as i play them the most guess i like the superior power of them lol

first 20-40 turns you are most likely sitting on your hands building infrastructure, workers and Settlers

6. Raven Destroyer

The AI Can't handle your mod or barely Kiwitt lol a freeplay makes it a freefail

I'm used to flailabout AI but this is a bit madness
    it is good i choose islands because when things starts to hit the fan the AI will not stand a chance
    in the end 3 nations did show sign of upwards movement 2 of them i had something to do with it but the fact a third shown upwards movement (and then only few turns before the end of a time game) by the time you can make 1 tank you have enough power to erase the AI

you can win a time victory without a doubt going to toy a bit with Custom games see what laughs i can get

7. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

My mod is not designed to be placed on a random map - It's historical ;)

8. random1218

random1218 Chieftain

Still quite fun, though ;)