Road to War - Historical - Pacific Scenario

To start:

I wouldn't go so high with units, i.e. Army Groups. Remember becuase of Island Hopping, most untis involoved were, at best, regiments, their parent divisions scattered across the pacific.

Mixed native units, Americal, Philippino Scouts, Merril's Maraders.

I'll dig out some of my reserach from college and get back to you.

The Sino-Japanese war was conducted at fairly large scales [Chinese Route Armies and Japanese Armies]. Chinese expanded to Area Armies later in the war.

As far as WWII in the pacific went, you are on the mark. Very few division level operations. Mostly BN, BDE, and RGT level operations.

Gotten any research done?

At the moment I am focusing on my retirement plans and relocation to another part of NZ.

I am trying to think what will motivate me to start this scenario ...

With the Europe one I was motivated to make it hard for Germany and used that country as my initial focus. With the Pacific one, I can't think of anything ...

All my interest has been in European Theatre ... namely the extensive use of tanks and their technology.

I am thinking a variant on World war 2.1 by John Birmingham may be interesting.

My existing mod allows that. There is a chance that a ship is sunk.

Good ... working on SP1 for 1.04 at the moment ... so I can build up momentum to start in this scenario one day soon.

Also becoming a volunteer as we have put off moving just at the moment.

I have decided that this scenario will be in it's own mod. This will ensure that all scales are correct.

In addition after this one is completed, I will work on breaking 1.1 UE 3.19 into separate mods
1936 European - 1.24, 1936 Pacific - 1.25 and 1936 Global 1.26 each in their own unique folder. This will resolve any and all scale issues.

My work on improving RtW will never end. :crazyeye:

Excellent, so by the time Civ V is actually good you'll move on to Civ V?

Excellent, so by the time Civ V is actually good you'll move on to Civ V?
Nope ... I am sticking with Civ IV

Civ V had it's chance ... It stuffed it ... from now on all work will be in Civ IV: BTS and that includes learning python and add in more events.

RtW 2.0 will be Civ IV based.

Nope ... I am sticking with Civ IV

Civ V had it's chance ... It stuffed it ... from now on all work will be in Civ IV: BTS and that includes learning python and add in more events.

RtW 2.0 will be Civ IV based.

I was wondering are you going to be working on this scenario or is it a dead duck like poor CiV?

This will be part of Historical 2.0 rather than a stand-a-alone scenario.

It will take a lot of time to finish, because if you are aware Historical 1.04 took over 2 years to complete, so rather than try to make a Pacific Scenario (aka Historical 1.05), a better option would be to create one based on the Ultimate edition 1.1.

I am trying to think what will motivate me to start this scenario ...

With the Europe one I was motivated to make it hard for Germany and used that country as my initial focus. With the Pacific one, I can't think of anything ...

All my interest has been in European Theatre ... namely the extensive use of tanks and their technology.

Extensive use of ships and planes ... it's a very big ocean. By the way, did you use any python script changes in historical version 1? I may be able to adapt it to run on an iMac

Top Bottom