Road to War - Historical

Hi, does anyone have a clue why the game/mod crashes?? (latest version/vista/pretty decent machine)? I have been playing as germany from 1936, accurate historical events and the game just crashes on the 1st forthright of June 1940??

I have the same problem. i did managed to move after 1st forthright of june 1940 (took me 10 attempts) but as soon as I attack UK the machine crashes it does not matter what I do if I put the UK into a position were it would undoubtedly lose then the game crashes...:mad:

it is only the uk! any ideas?

I'm working on SP1 as we speak ... can you describe what you were doing so I can isolate the problem.

Also as this is a custom mod - It will only really work well on C:\GAMES\Civ4\ on Windows Vista/7 computers.

SP1 coding is now complete will now start on Playtesting

Kiwitt, if a US city is placed in England, wouldn't the US attack France (German occupied) well before June fortnight 1 of 1944? I'm not sure what counter measure you've put in place to negate this inaccuracy, but is the US going to start out with technologies that enable it to build the transport ships, or is the US now going to have to research it like every other nation?

RE: English City. Yes ... When Germany Declared war on the US in Dec 1941 the threat of Invasion was always there, hence they left many forces in France and even built the Atlantic Wall.

The biggest change is the "Desert War" ... where before the Germans' could virtually rule it, now they will be crushed from both sides in 1942 and eventually knocked out unless they send more forces, which is unlikely with them being busy in Russia.

I took a serious look at these forces and have come to the conclusion that a re-categorization is required. What this will mean is that most if not all British and Commonwealth List of units will be combined.

I'll post the new categories soon.

Essentially Brigades will be introduced at the lower levels. In reading some of the histories they did move between divisions. This will have the strength of little less than half their Division counterparts. I may also have to combine Corps lists as well.

As to the US forces, I will need to look at what they have for smaller units. I believe they did not have brigades, but did have independent regiments. (will need to research this further.

I am also looking at changing the graphics around a bit for most of the forces. This should give better definition at a glance what type of unit it is.

Thanks for that ... RL is interfering a bit at the moment as well.

I so much want to finish SP1

Once I have finished coding the new changes you'll be one the first to have access.- via PM

Once I have finished coding the new changes you'll be one the first to have access.- via PM

thanks dude....now i have a more powerful computer to play your mod, with a Intel Core i5 processor, 3 GB RAM, nvidia 310m 1 GB VRAM, windows ultimate 64 bits....lol

so i guess your mod will run perfectly in my computer :crazyeye:

Looks Good. I would however take your RAM up to 6 GB if that is possible. This will give you a full 4GB of RAM just for Civ4 on Win7x64. You'll get even less CTDs or none at all like mine.

Looks Good. I would however take your RAM up to 6 GB if that is possible. This will give you a full 4GB of RAM just for Civ4 on Win7x64. You'll get even less CTDs or none at all like mine.

i will do..i will buy another ram memory 4 GB at the end of this month....so i have time.

Meanwhile i will wait for your release :cool:

Significant Progress on SP1 has been achieved.

I have been able to add "Marsh" terrain manually to the scenario for the Pripet Marshes in Poland.

Just a problem be fixed in the Units files in SP1

My target for release for alpha testing (you know who you are) should be April

Top Bottom