1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Road to War - Historical

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Road to War' started by kiwitt, Oct 5, 2009.

1. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

Be aware every Russian unit has two lives, which means when they are destroyed they are instantly reborn in the Capital, which effectively gives them three times the number of forces as actually have. Beware of their bombers as they can really weaken your forces, so fighter cover is essential.

Also don't forget to break your Afrika Korps out in April 1941 to assist the Italians in the Desert War.

2. skyfire

skyfire Chieftain

Thanks for the tips kiwitt. A question: My Focke-Wulf fighters can't attack ground forces. Is this a bug? :confused:

3. kiwitt

FW-190s are fighters not fighter-bombers, like Stukas.

4. skyfire

skyfire Chieftain

Ah, i see, i compared the focke-wulf with the messerschmitt bf 109. The bf 109 could throw bombs and the focke didn't. You really put some thought in it.

5. kiwitt

Yeah ... a lot.

6. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

hmm, so you used the FFH2 pheonix blood code for Russian units? Is this for EVERYTHING or just (gunpowder) infantry.

7. kiwitt

8. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

ah I gotcha. That is probably where FFH2's immortal promotion (some call it pheonix blood, since there are "true" immortal units in the game) came from.

So then, do russian units start with Respawn 2 (3 total lives) or Respawn 1 (2 total lives)?

also, would it make more sense to give such promos to infantry/land units only? (as opposed to also giving it to Air, Naval, and Armored)

9. skyfire

skyfire Chieftain

Hello Kiwitt,
    I play as much as i can. I'm in hot seat with the axis playing for almost 2 months (realtime) now. It is december 1941 and i'm moving up to Moscow but the russians are respawning like hell. Does the the respawning stop if i conquer Moscow, or do they respawn in the new capital? And what can i expect from the americans. Do they land on one of my beaches or will the ai not bother me?

Tasunke: Most russian units have respawn 2

10. kiwitt

They will continuing respawning in the new capital. In doing my WWII research I found that many Russian units were rebuilt, 3-4 times or more during the war. So just like the Russians in WWII who moved the factories to behind the Urals, they will continue to fight to the last.

As to the US, I have given them the tech to be able to launch an amphibious invasion earlier than others. Version 2.0 will include a US base in Africa and possibly one in England too.

11. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

surely not for the 1936/ 1939 scenarios?

So Kwitt ... EVERY russian unit has 3 total lives? (Air, Infantry, Artillery, Naval, and Armored)

I guess not naval though ... cause spawning on a land city would be kinda silly ^_^ (and I don't think Russia was famous for its navy)

12. kiwitt

Re-Spawning is just the Land Units.

As to American Bases they will be there in advnace for every scenario, to assist with the problems with the A.I. I'd love to be able to code it via Python as an event, but I am not so skilled in that.

13. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

Hmm, makes sense I suppose (what with the Naval AI being borked)

iirc, in Road to War ultimate, I think Spanish Culture completely blocked off the Straight of Gibraltar. I suppose this mod-mod does not have that problem? (I think it might have just been in the global scenario though ... or just if Gibraltar herself were taken from the British, thus allowing the Spanish culture to overflow due to Britain's borders being down)

14. kiwitt

Historical has been downloaded 4,000 times !!!

Thanks guys and gals. :D

15. skyfire

skyfire Chieftain

16. kiwitt

This achievement has encouraged me to continue to work on version 2.0

17. The Flame8

The Flame8 Chieftain

I'm willing to try playing a game on this mod. Hopefully you've successfully made WWII correct. I hate the coding of how the AI (like U.S.) completely refuse to land units from navy.

P.S. anyone know any good WWI mods?

18. giorgako

giorgako Chieftain

Hi Kiwitt,
    and thanks for the excellent mod! I'm very likely "download #4,000" or thereabouts! I haven't started playing yet and I'm looking forward to it.
    I was wondering if there is a list w/ the numbers of units (divs/corps/armies/army groups etc) for each nation.
    Thanks again
    ps: I'll try to send you a PM for a suggestion for 2.0

19. kiwitt

20. giorgako

giorgako Chieftain

KiwiTT, :goodjob:

Thanks for the link. That's the file I was looking for. I just started my first game as Germany at the Deity level. What's your gut feeling? Is this doable at all with the RtW Historical version? Is this your level of difficulty, too? :)
    I also have a small suggestion for the "Vichy/Fall of France" event. It seems that now Vichy is created once the Axis (Germany or Italy) pick-up Paris and also 4 of these 7 cities (Metz, Dijon, Calais, Le Havre, Tours, Nice, Brest). That was from Dale's Europe map where these (along w/ Montpellier & Bordeaux) were the only French European cities.
    In your mod which is by all means excellent, indeed, you may want to consider another version. Like say 6 out of 10 most important (production, great people, population etc) cities fall... or maybe after both Paris and another major city fall along w/ "x out of y" less-important cities. I know it could be tricky but since you designed the game you are in the best place to decide what's important. :goodjob:

Cheers,
    Giorgako

PS: I'm new into smilies... sorry for improper usage??? :)