Road to War - Historical

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Road to War' started by kiwitt, Oct 5, 2009.

1. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

Thanks for that ... this is the fun part of coding.

I will be using the current King Tiger size as the standard and scale all other land units accordingly. For Ship scales, I will use the current "Bismarck". For Planes I will use the Me109, albeit significantly smaller than it currently is in order to be able to scale the bombers correctly.

So each domain (land, sea and air) will have their own scale. It would not be good to try to scale seperate domains.

2. fireclaw722

fireclaw722 Imperial Guard

During the 'Fall of France' event, I want to code(in the Python) it so that if the player is France, and losses to Germany, the player can change to Vichy France(become a defecting General).

My Question is 'What would I have to Edit?'
    -RTWEventManager
    or
    -RTWClobal
    or
    -EventManager(just plain EventManager)?

3. kiwitt

Hmmm ... that would be quite a challenge ... I think you would need to check in C&C if the DLL will allow a changing of Player Nation. If so, then you will need to edit the Python Scripts and possible the Event XML as well.

4. kiwitt

Sheesh ... I am going to have to change virtually all the "minor nation" units already setup in the scenario ... that will take some time :(

5. fireclaw722

While, your changing the Scenario(I know the request is a little much, but...), could you add Persia/Iran to it(I don't thinks it's very historically accurate for Britian and France to lead invasions into Iraq[historically British] and Iran[completly Independent]).

6. kiwitt

Post 2 in this thread :D

NOTE: Iran was invaded by both Russia and the UK to secure oil and supply corridor.

7. Supermarine2000

Supermarine2000 Warlord

why kiwitt??.....:eek:

8. kiwitt

Because instead of being called simply been called "UNIT_WW2_INF1", they will be called "UNIT_WW2_INF1_LOW" for Holland/Belgium, UNIT_WW2_INF1_SWE for Sweden, UNIT_WW2_INF1_FIN for Finland etc. Also I am adding each minor nations units, many of them are also getting unique graphics, as well as unique names, e.g. 10th "Dutch" Infantry Division.

9. kiwitt

I am thinking of increasing the cost of infantry to a value more closely related to the actual population. If a country only has 6 Million people why does it cost about the same to build an infantry division as it does for country with 50-100 million.

10. kiwitt

For your viewing pleasure

11. Supermarine2000

Supermarine2000 Warlord

when i've played your previous version, low countrys has 130 to 180 infantry div aprox , i mean a lot of infantry units, finland, sweeden, spain too...so that is complete not historic....

but finland was completed overrun by soviets in 2 turns, having a complete destruction (every city was conquest by soviets) of finland in winter war of 1940.....how did you solve that kiwitt??

12. kiwitt

I have decided to give the minor countries initial divisions, but in order to build more divisions they will have to develop "Infantry II" (formerly "Infantry Corps" in the techtree) - Tech 17. Infantry I will allow them to build border troops/Home Guard/conscripts, which will be 1/3 the stength of a division.

So for "Infantry I", most major nations will be able to build infantry divs and minor nations can not.

As to Finland. I have to give that some good consideration, may consider making it more forested, even less roads, and giving all Finnish units a "Woodsman I" promotion.

13. fireclaw722

During my Game as France the Finnish took the battles as far as Leningrad(They were unsucsessful, leading to their short demise[Although they survived to face the USSR again during the Axis Invasion]).

14. kiwitt

This is taking a bit of work, but the end result will be worth it.
    Spoiler :
    Tank IV = O.B Command (Germany), Tank Army (Russia), Army Group (US/Britain), Tank Corps (all others)
    Inf IV = Army Group (Germany), Army Front (Russia), Army (all others)
    Tank III = Panzer Army (Germany), Guards Armies (Russia), Corps (US/Britain), Tank Div (all others)
    Inf III = Army (Germany), Armies (Russia), Corps (Britain), Hvy Inf Div (US), Corps (all others)
    Tank II = Panzer Corps (Germany), Tank Corps (Russia), Armd Div (US/Britain), Tank Bde (all others)
    Inf II = Corps (Germany), Guards Rifle Corps (Russia), Mot. Inf Div (US/Britain), Inf Div (all others)
    Tank I = Panzer Div (Germany), Mech Corps (Russia), Tank Regt (all others)
    Inf I = Infantry Div (Germany), Rifle Corps (Russia), Inf Div (US/Britain), Reservist/Conscripts Div (all others)
    Marine = SS/PzGen Div, NKVD Div (Russia), Rangers (US), Commando (Britain), Border Troops (all others)
    Thank you for your patience.

15. Supermarine2000

Supermarine2000 Warlord

dude...why US army divs dont have artillery between their units?????????? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

16. kiwitt

What I considered for standard representation was;

1) 3 Men, 1 MG for a Division
    2) 6 Men, 1 MGs, 1 Artillery for a Corps
    3) 9 men, 2 MGs, 1 Artillery, 1 Hvy Artillery for an Army

The US Infantry is slightly different as described in the spoiler in post 94

Inf 1 = Infantry Div = 3 Men, 1 MG
    Inf 2 = Mot. Infantry Div = 3 Men, 1 MG, 1 AT + a Jeep (not shown) and removing the MG
    Inf 3 = Hvy. Infantry Div = 3 Men, 1 MG, 1 AT + a M3HT (not shown) and removing the MG

In addition, unlike other nations the US Infantry Divisions can be upgraded.

As you know, the main idea is to give the Russians the most manpower, and therefore the most threat to the Germans, hence their base unit is a Rifle Corps (2 x Rifle Div). Also the German's had about 300+ divisions and the Americans and British had less than a 1/3 of that allocated to Europe, so I had to find a way to enable a lower division count for Allies.
    Spoiler :
    So the end result is as follows;

1) The Russians have the equivalent of 600-700 Divisions and their biggest grouping is an Army Front (Inf 4)
    2) The Germans have the equivalent of 300-400 Divisions and their biggest grouping is an Army Group (Inf 4)
    3) The US Britain and Allies have the equivalent of 200-300 Divisions and their biggest grouping is an Army Group (Tan 4)
    4) France/Italy/Minor nations have the equivalent of 100-200 Divisions and their biggest grouping is an Army Only (Inf 4)

Note: For Russia, Tan 4 is used to represent Tank Armies and for Germany Tan 4 is used to represent an O.B. Commands (equivalent to an Army Group) and minor nations a Tank Corps

17. Supermarine2000

Supermarine2000 Warlord

dude..with that specs i cant wait to play your mod :crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye:

i hope my pentium IV computer can handle all that stuff :cry:

18. kiwitt

Pentium IV - that is so old now. :D

Be aware I am developing this on a Core i7 with HD4870 512 MB Card. ;)

TBH: I don't think it will be too bad, as only about 100-150 units out of 2000+ will be these combo units.

19. kiwitt

Infantry completed - minor cosmetic errors remain (will fix before beta release)

Will now start working on the Tank forces, than aircraft, and finally ships.

20. Supermarine2000

Supermarine2000 Warlord

my Intel 80286 is waiting your mod...lol :crazyeye: