Road trip through the Rockies advice thread

This is for anyone who lives in or has visited Alberta, BC, and the American states in that area (Montana, Washington, etc.).
You certainly wouldn't want to miss God's Country -- i.e., IDAHO!:)

It seems like the drive from Banff to Jasper would be pretty spectacular. Tons of mountains everywhere. Has anyone done this?
The highway from Lake Louise to Jasper is called Glacier Parkway. LOTS to see & lots of trails to hike. As we were driving our Cadillac along the highway:old: we passed dozens of young folks making the trip on bicycles, seemingly having a ball! Plenty of hostel-like accommodations on the route, but I'm sure you need reservations way in advance. At the summit, you can take a tour out to the top of the glacier.:)

On our return trip, while my wife was dozing in the right seat, I saw a grizzly bear munching on berries just off the highway. I slammed on my brakes, did a U-turn, and we photographed the poor bear for the next 30 minutes -- we and the occupants of about 50 other cars! The park rangers at Lake Louise said that we had caused a "Bear Jam.":lol:

What I am looking for is 1. Things to do along the way and ... I already have 2 things on my mind. I want to do a hike to Lake Louise as well as a hike to Lake Moraine. Both these hikes can be found in Banff National Park.

LOTS of hiking trails in & around Lake Louise & Lake Moraine. We did some of the easier hikes, but saw many younger folks equipped for long & rather difficult trails. You can even hire horses at Lake Louise, if you are so inclined.

Hey Guys,

Not ignoring this thread, just doing some logistical gymnastics trying to organize this trip.. so for the time being I'm not sure how much time I'm going to have.. once I figure some of these details out I will return here

All of your comments have been noted :)

Look where your water meter is. There should be a valve before and after it. Use the one after the meter. Then open whichever faucet is lowest in your house to drain out the system.

Top Bottom