1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Road upgrade?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by c0pr4x, Jan 2, 2013.

1. c0pr4x

c0pr4x Warlord

I would like to know. Is there some pre-requis to build the road upgrade? Because i research Paved Road but i can't build the improvement. When i try to look up at civilipedia.. i can't find it.

2. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

You need Stone to build the Paved Road.

3. sp00n

sp00n Prince

Also the shortcut changes from R to Shift-R. Which is kind of irritating, as by default the old road improvements are being hidden, and you cannot build a road simply by pressing R anymore.

(And if you enable the display of the outdated improvements, pressing R will actually build a Mud Path, and not a Road. I assume because of the gold cost associated with a Road.)

4. c0pr4x

c0pr4x Warlord

Is there a way to see what i need to build road improvement?

5. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Unfortunately there is no civopedia screen for routes. Probably because there was only two in vanilla.

6. sp00n

sp00n Prince

There actually is one entry for roads, but it wasn't called roads, rather something like transportation or similar. The text then contains a hyperlink which is labelled "roads", but it just links to itself.
    Stumbled across it while trying to figure out if all those roads I was building before researching paved roads did cost money as well.
    (In the end I just loaded an older save game to check, and yes they do.)

// Edit
    Just checked, it's Game Concepts/Movement. There's a "Roads and "Railroads" entry with hyperlinks to each of both, and each of both just link to same page (itself).