1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MODCOMP] Rockdrums2RocknRoll Soundtrack overhaul mod

Discussion in 'C2C mod mods' started by Sword_Of_Geddon, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

Ladies and Gentlemen I present what I call Rockdrums2RocknRoll, a soundtrack modmod for C2C.

What is it exactly?

-Heavy overhaul of the existing soundtrack, massively different after the Prehistoric Age
    -Much of this is what I did for my own mod, for the purposes of immersion, and for those players who like immersive musical expiriences while on their journey across time in C2C, I made this.

Now updated for 38.5!

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/d9dbjpdzu660u4q/Sword_of_Geddon_Soundtrack_Mod.rar/file

Simply copy the contents of the folder into your Caveman2Cosmos folder.

Then place this file: https://forums.civfanatics.com/attachments/civ4erainfos-xml.514726/

In Assets/XML/Gameinfo/ then overwrite.

Prehistoric: Many new tracks have been added, but is mostly the same.

Ancient: Music from Ancient Middle Eastern civilizations was the aim here, from Sumeria to Egypt. This was their time, and I felt that the soundtrack should reflect that.

Classical: Music of Persia, Greece and Rome, some early Christian music. This was the Hellenistic Age, but the soundtrack here reflects the mystical nature of the time period known as the Axial Age as well.

Medieval: Many new Medieval tracks have been added, not a massive overhaul, but important songs such as Scarborough Faire and Greensleeves, as well as afew other choice pieces, are included here.

Renaissance: Overhaul here. I always felt this time period should reflect 1492-1700ish music wise. This means a lot of Renaissance music, and Pre-Baroque. Some Celtic songs and colonial era music are included, You will notice this era bridges the musical gap between the Medieval and Industrial's classical music.

Industrial: The era of classical music includes the original Renaissance tracks and Industrial tracks, with some important new pieces included, such as Beetoven's 5th and 9th symphonies.

Atomic: The original Civ4 Modern soundtrack, with some additional pieces from that era, such as "Fire from on High".

Information: Totally new soundtrack, alot of instrumental rock, some trailer-type instrumental music is included, along with abit of chillout type music.

Nanotech: This era bridges the gap between the Information Era's rock soundtrack and the futuristic electronic music of the Transhuman Era. I tried to go for a more advanced sound.

Transhuman: Lots of ethereal electronic music, some with a good beat, some more introspective.

Galactic: Space themed music, gives you the feeling of being deep in space. Still some rock and upbeat tracks.

Cosmic: More space themed music, but without any trace of the rock from previous eras. You may be reminded of galactic civilizations, the author of alot of these pieces may have been inspired by that game, or other sci-fi like Star Trek.

Transcendent: The Holst's the Planets has been moved here, and joining those tracks is "Pluto the Renewer", a piece written in the same style as Holst's. Also some real ethereal music is included, your civilization is incredibly advanced, rivaling the gods of legends and myth. I wanted something to reflect that.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    MlnwY, KaTiON_PT and raxo2222 like this.
  2. jatkinson

jatkinson Chieftain

Looks interesting, can I just confirm that none of the old tracks have been taken out? I do rather like the old tracks but will happily listen to them in addition to the new stuff.

Also is this compatible with the latest SVN (10022)?

Edit: I can confirm that it isn't compatible with latest SVN. Inside your Assets/XML/GameInfo/CIV4EraInfos.xml I can see differences in the Prehistoric EraInfo section (above where you have modified the Prehistoric Soundtrack info)

Your Civ4EraInfos.xml:

Spoiler :

<EraInfo>
    <Type>ERA_PREHISTORIC</Type>
    <Description>TXT_KEY_ERA_PREHISTORIC</Description>
    <Strategy>TXT_KEY_ERA_PREHISTORIC_STRATEGY</Strategy>
    <iAdvancedStartPoints>500</iAdvancedStartPoints>
    <iStartingUnitMultiplier>1</iStartingUnitMultiplier>
    <iStartingExploreUnits>1</iStartingExploreUnits>
    <iGrowthPercent>150</iGrowthPercent>
    <iTrainPercent>100</iTrainPercent>
    <iConstructPercent>70</iConstructPercent>
    <iCreatePercent>100</iCreatePercent>
    <iResearchPercent>100</iResearchPercent>
    <!-- BBAI end -->
    <iBeelineStingsTechCostModifier>200</iBeelineStingsTechCostModifier>
    <iBuildPercent>140</iBuildPercent>
    <iImprovementPercent>100</iImprovementPercent>
    <iGreatPeoplePercent>400</iGreatPeoplePercent>
    <iAnarchyPercent>1</iAnarchyPercent>
    <iEventChancePerTurn>7</iEventChancePerTurn>
    <bFirstSoundtrackFirst>0</bFirstSoundtrackFirst>

SVN 10022 Civ4EraInfos.xml

Spoiler :

<EraInfo>
    <Type>ERA_PREHISTORIC</Type>
    <Description>TXT_KEY_ERA_PREHISTORIC</Description>
    <Strategy>TXT_KEY_ERA_PREHISTORIC_STRATEGY</Strategy>
    <iAdvancedStartPoints>500</iAdvancedStartPoints>
    <iStartingUnitMultiplier>1</iStartingUnitMultiplier>
    <iStartingExploreUnits>1</iStartingExploreUnits>
    <iStartingGold>10</iStartingGold>
    <iGrowthPercent>150</iGrowthPercent>
    <iTrainPercent>100</iTrainPercent>
    <iConstructPercent>100</iConstructPercent>
    <iCreatePercent>100</iCreatePercent>
    <iResearchPercent>100</iResearchPercent>
    <!-- BBAI end -->
    <iBeelineStingsTechCostModifier>100</iBeelineStingsTechCostModifier>
    <iBuildPercent>140</iBuildPercent>
    <iImprovementPercent>100</iImprovementPercent>
    <iGreatPeoplePercent>400</iGreatPeoplePercent>
    <iAnarchyPercent>40</iAnarchyPercent>
    <iEventChancePerTurn>7</iEventChancePerTurn>
    <bFirstSoundtrackFirst>1</bFirstSoundtrackFirst>

Bolded lines are ones that are different or have been added in the SVN compared to yours. That's just for the Prehistoric section of your modmod. There are probably more differences to be found.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  3. raxo2222

raxo2222 Warlord

This mod sounds good :)
    Looks like its for V38.1
    It has size 1.67 GB, pretty big!

4. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Cool, will be fun to take this for a ride. ^^

5. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

If this can be confirmed to work with current SVN I might actually turn the sound back on when I play C2C. Or stop using my own music library, which has lots of progressive/space/psychedelic/classic rock in it. I grew up in the late 60's and early 70's and Rock was Exploding back then. Much to the chagrin of my Gospel/Country liking parents. :mischief::lol:

6. jatkinson

jatkinson Chieftain

I've modified the Assets/XML/GameInfo/CIV4EraInfos.xml so that it complies with the figures that are currently in the SVN (10022) - it would have otherwise reset all the research and construction calculators back to 38.1 release and reintroduced the No Anarchy on Civic Change bug otherwise. Here is the updated file:

Edit: Just started up a new game and get one of the new tracks straight away. loving this new music :)

Edit:2: Updated version of the file is now in my next post in this topic ;)

KaTiON_PT and raxo2222 like this.
  7. raxo2222

raxo2222 Warlord

Folders with "New" at end of their name are empty.
    Its likely, that CivLeaderHeadIndos.xml was changed too.

Some song tags are tabbed in era infos. In Notepad++ you can press shift+tab to untab them to proper location.
    Also <iCreatePercent> for Industrial and Nanotech era isn't set to 100.

8. jatkinson

jatkinson Chieftain

I checked the modified date on the SVN version of CivLeaderHeadInfos.xml and it's 30/01/2018 which is before 38.1's release date so I left that one alone. I've done the fixes to the other file so here it is:

Attached Files:

raxo2222 likes this.
  9. pepper2000

pepper2000 Chieftain

Listening to them now. Great work. I have a separate computer that plays some custom soundtracks, so I probably won't try to install the modmod as is, but I will integrate these songs into my own soundtrack.

Some of the artists that I listen to, though not all are suitable for C2C due to copyright issues. You can look them up on YouTube or elsewhere.
    Information Era: Phillip Glass
    Nanotech Era: Nigel Stanford
    Transhuman Era: Solar Fields
    Galactic Era: Malik Trey
    Cosmic Era: Andrew Odd, Stellardrone
    Transcendent Era: Ambient Collective, Infinite Space

10. Noriad2

Noriad2 Chieftain

Playing copyrighted songs on Twitch will lead to Twitch blocking all sound for part of the video.

Regarding songs for medieval/renaissance times, I found a real gem here on this vid:

Harems & Islamic Slave Trade Portrayed by Classical European Painters

(link to the source in the vid's description).

11. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

12. Sword_Of_Geddon

I'm glad people are liking this little side project of mine.

Something I discovered is that if you want soundtrack to continue playing from one song to the next without a pause, the xml line "SoundtrackSpace" should be set to zero.

Yeah the "New" foldiers were empty from when I downloaded v38. To make things easier, I simply used the non-"new" foldiers..

Let me know what you think of the soundtrack and if you have any suggestions, I'm eager to please. Its the least I can do for the C2C mod, considering all the time and effort you guys put into this megamod.

Oh, and I did not remove any existing tracks(from Prehistoric), but Ancient is completely overhauled, Classical has many of the orginal Civ4 songs included(but not the ones from Civ3 that were diplomacy war themes), Medieval has all the old tracks, plus the new ones I added. Renaissance is completely new, Industrial is new tracks plus old ones along with the old Renaissance soundtrack.

Hope that explains things enough.

13. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Chieftain

In theory, if a soundtrack is placed in the New folder it will be added by the game to the main Era folder and the play list for the Era without you needing to edit any XML files. This functionality may have broken at the time that the rotating opening music was broken.

14. pepper2000

pepper2000 Chieftain

Since the era structure has changed, should the folders be modified to reflect that?

15. raxo2222

raxo2222 Warlord

@Sword_Of_Geddon can be modmod moved to Google Drive?
    It allows for maximum download speed.

16. CivicConscription

CivicConscription Chieftain

Hey guys, quick question; exactly what folder does this modmod go into to make it work?

I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks in advance.

17. Sword_Of_Geddon

I can look into it, might be a good alternative for my main mod as well..thankyou for the suggestion

Place the "Assets folder in the download into the C2C folder in the same location as the C2C assets foldier and overwrite. The modmod was made for the current downloadable version, so if your using a newer SVN version, I think some changes were made to the Erainfos xml file, but I can help you make it work if that is the case. Download the contents of the download to your desktop if that is the case instead of overwriting.

18. raxo2222

raxo2222 Warlord

19. Sword_Of_Geddon

I don't have the latest version is it out? I would gladly update it if so. Been out of the loop abit.

20. raxo2222

raxo2222 Warlord

Yes, its out for some time.