[MODCOMP] Rockdrums2RocknRoll Soundtrack overhaul mod

Unfortunately I've just updated to the latest SVN version and updated your modmod accordingly but I'm now not getting your extra tracks, just the vanilla ones......

In theory, if a soundtrack is placed in the New folder it will be added by the game to the main Era folder and the play list for the Era without you needing to edit any XML files. This functionality may have broken at the time that the rotating opening music was broken.

This works in SVN 10127. Don't bother with the XML, just put the music files for each era in the corresponding New folder and the game itself takes care of the rest.

This works in SVN 10127. Don't bother with the XML, just put the music files for each era in the corresponding New folder and the game itself takes care of the rest.
Not for last eras - Transhuman and Galactic folders for music aren't split into Information/Nanotech/Transhuman/Galactic/Cosmic/Transcendent eras.

I was under the impression that those folders didn't work anymore, and we'd need to call in AIAndy to fix them. I was planning on asking him to do so once I'd finished the rest of my music project, but provided we have some way of getting them to work with new/different eras I have no objections to having him do it now.

Not for last eras - Transhuman and Galactic folders for music aren't split into Information/Nanotech/Transhuman/Galactic/Cosmic/Transcendent eras.
That makes sense. The later eras have been changed a lot. We know that they aren't yet as balanced or bug-free as the earlier eras. I haven't gotten that far in a game in a long time so I wouldn't notice without explicit testing.

Does the erainfos xml file change with each version update using that program? If it doesn't you can just replace the file with the one include in this modpack.
Just look at SVN changelog if you are using SVN.
That is rightclick on erainfos and press "check log"

I actually haven't tried using SVN in quite awile, may give it a go again, any pointers?
Download and install Tortoise, make folder named "Caveman2Cosmos" in mod folder (or somewhere else if you don't want to play on live SNV version), rightclick on it and press "SVN checkout", and then enter this url: svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/caveman2cosmos/code/trunk

If someone wants to post the most recent(I assume its not going to be changed again), It would help alot, if the erainfos xml file is updated constantly and this requires svn, its fine ill just get tortoise, but otherwise it would be a big help if someone posted it.

This file was last changed on March 13.

Attachments

• CIV4EraInfos.xml
    39 KB · Views: 337
Top Bottom