Roger Federer is amazing.

The title of this thread should change to: "Roger Federer is simply amazing and Rafael Nadal is amazing on clay."

:goodjob:
I totally agree...

:bump:

After Nadal's victory in Monte Carlo, it's:

Grass/hardcourt
Federer - Nadal, 4-2
Clay
Federer - Nadal, 0-5

So that means 4-7 in Nadal's favor. And Nadal is unbeaten on clay for 67 matches in a row!

The title of this thread should change to: "Roger Federer is simply amazing and Rafael Nadal is amazing on clay."

I still think that nadal would much prefer to swap with federer, exchange his record vs him for the amount of titles federer has. Though i do agree with the final statement :)

^
Indeed very interesting read.

It also shows the huge gap between the sport coverage on British TV shows and newspapers and the Belgian ones. Over here the quality of commentators and analysts is often very poor.

That was one original exhibition match! I can only guess that it must have been very weird playing on a mixed field.

Roger Federer wins in the final at Hamburg!

Link

So ends Nadal's 81-match clay court winning streak. Federer beat him pretty convincingly, with a bagel in the 3rd set at 2-6, 6-2, 6-0.

Fed's overall head to head record against nadal is now 4-7.

Can't wait for the French Open! This should make it much more interesting...

Yes, just in time it seems...

i personaly dont like tennis but when he plays i must say i am amazed at his ease of stroke play. only other person i watch play is molik and sharapova :)

Other players I like to watch are Lleyton Hewitt for his insane competitiveness, Pete Sampras for his all-round classic serve/volley game, and the great Goran Ivanisevic for his tempestuous insanity!

I'm beginning to think we should add Justine Henin to the list.

Something like: "Roger Federer is simply amazing and Rafael Nadal and Justine Henin are amazing on clay."

I hope I can put her one day next to Roger Federer...

Will anyone be able to beat him at Wimbledon?

Doesn't look like it this year. Andy Roddick could give him some trouble on grass, but then again his all time record against Federer is 1-13.

I'm just hoping that Roger can win in the French Open final on Sunday against Nadal. If he does that he will have a chance at being the first since Rod Laver in 1968 at holding all the Grand Slam titles simultaneously.

In which case, he would almost certifiably be the best ever.

I'm beginning to think we should add Justine Henin to the list.

Something like: "Roger Federer is simply amazing and Rafael Nadal and Justine Henin are amazing on clay."

I hope I can put her one day next to Roger Federer...

Justine Henin could win Wimbledon this year, she did make it to last year's final.

Roger Federer wins in the final at Hamburg!

Link

So ends Nadal's 81-match clay court winning streak. Federer beat him pretty convincingly, with a bagel in the 3rd set at 2-6, 6-2, 6-0.

Fed's overall head to head record against nadal is now 4-7.

Can't wait for the French Open! This should make it much more interesting...
Well it was not very interesting indeed.

BTW read somewhere that Nadal has NEVER been defeated in a 5 sets match on clay. 34-0. Pretty amazing i would say. :eek:

Is Justine Henin, the greatest female player around right now?

She's number 1 but right now there seems to be a lacking of extremly decent competition in the WTA tour, sharapova is 2nd in the world i think and of course she has a chance at winning but the WTA is far from where it was a few years ago where the Williams sisters were on top form cliysters being difficult and the russians just coming through.

Well it was not very interesting indeed.

BTW read somewhere that Nadal has NEVER been defeated in a 5 sets match on clay. 34-0. Pretty amazing i would say. :eek:

Nadal also hasn't ever been defeated at Roland Garros. Just an amazing clay-courter. With this victory he's become only the second player in the Open Era to win three French Opens in a row.

I was pulling for Roger in this French Open, but it wasn't to be I guess. Though Roger is definetly in the mix with him on clay, it just wasn't his day today. I think he'll clinch it sometime in the future, however.

Now it's on to Wimbledon, where I'm almost sure that Roger can become the second player to win 5 Wimbledon titles in a row.

Top Bottom