1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

"Rogue Units"??

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Alexander M Zoltai, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Alexander M Zoltai

Alexander M Zoltai Chieftain

I'm playing France—Gathering Storm—somewhere in the 800s of a 1500 turn game…

Been friends with Persia for the whole game—have an economic alliance with them…

Indonesia has recently confronted them and both Civs travel through my territory from time to time…

The "Technical" issue I'm wondering about is why in the world would Persia suddenly send a cannon corps into my territory and pillage an entertainment center and another building???

There was no way to say, "Hey! Stop damaging my stuff!!!"—can't even complain officially………

Couldn't attack the unit………

And… I'm repairing the Entertainment complex but the arena seems to not be able to be fixed…………………

Is this a known bug………???

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  2. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

This is not really a technical question, which has to do with hardware/software issues. You'd have better luck posting this under General Discussions, since this is a gameplay issue.

3. Alexander M Zoltai

I feel it must be a software issue—a unit is doing what it should not do—there is no way to correct the issue—that seems like a software glitch to me—I'm playing the game correctly, that unit was not playing the game correctly………

Moderator Action: Moved to General Discussions. leif

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2020
  4. Bangau

Bangau Prince

Are you still allied (or befriended) with Persia? Then they should not be able to attack you, including pillaging. If you are no longer friends or allies, Cyrus is always likely to attack you. He has an agenda that makes him prefer to declare surprise wars.

5. Alexander M Zoltai

As I said in my initial post: "Been friends with Persia for the whole game—have an economic alliance with them…"

6. Alexander M Zoltai

P
    Plus, no declaration of surprise war………

7. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

Is it? I never heard of allies pillaging your own settlements.

Alexander M Zoltai likes this.
  8. mdl5000

mdl5000 Prince

Free city units might do this
    maybe?

9. Alexander M Zoltai

I don't know if they would; but this is Persia that's doing it………

10. Cerilis

Cerilis Stormrider

screenshot?

11. Alexander M Zoltai

Sorry—I was so mad I clean forgot :-(

12. Alexander M Zoltai

BTW, after that cannon corps pillaged my tile, it went back to Persia and picked up a Settler—even though Indonesia has been attacking one of its cities for a long time, this unit is still "hiding" out in my northern territory—Weird………

Also, I've had 3 of my units show up on some Antarctican islands (far and away from me) where two Barbarian units hang out—I didn't send them there—have no idea where they came from……… They are promptly massacred—I really can't account for them as I watch my cities carefully for the "birth" of new units and I certainly don't let my units roam like that……

So………

The Persian Rogue and the completely anomalous "stray" units are both in my current scenario—I've play around 5 scenarios so far, this is the first time anything like this has happened………

BTW: the Arena that got pillaged by the Persian finally showed up to be repaired—about 20 turns after the Entertainment complex was repaired………

13. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

are you sure it wasn't a tornado that happened to hit the same tile the Persian unit was on?

They've long since fixed the friends but at war bug, so it can't be that.

14. Laurana Kanan

Well, whatever the issue is, it's certainly not a technical issue. At most it's a bug, but it'll be difficult to diagnose when there's no save game or even a screen shot. There could very well be a logical explanation for the behavior. If the OP does happen to have a save game it would be helpful. I'm also wondering if the OP is playing with any mods.

AlannaT likes this.
  15. Alexander M Zoltai

I am sure it wasn't a tornado—I saw the Persian Cannon fire of the building: and, as far as what you call "the friends but at war bug", it may be fixed but Persia, a friend and ally in fact did what I've said………

16. Alexander M Zoltai

All I can say is that I would consider a bug technical issue—though an "expert" may say I'm wrong; and BTW, do actual Civ experts ever show up in these forums?

And, to say there could be a "logical explanation" for something the rules of the Sim don't permit is, at best, something to wonder at………

17. Laurana Kanan

That's why there's specifically a Bug Reports forum that FXS does look at and respond to. Technical Support is if you're having graphics issues, game won't start, etc., which this isn't, so was moved to the GD forum where it would get more looks anyway.

It's also usually requested that you upload a save game when the issue occurs so it can be diagnosed. If you feel that members here aren't "expert" enough for you, feel free to submit a ticket to 2K Support. ;)

Meluhhan and AlannaT like this.
  18. Alexander M Zoltai

AH!! Something helpful……… Thanks for the link.

19. Barry Ruiz

Barry Ruiz Chieftain

The game is always to play in joy

20. Vandlys

Vandlys King

I don't know if you mean to, but you come across a little sarcastic to me, which can be considered quite rude as people are giving their time and attention to help you.

Again, not sure if you meant it that way, but just wanted to let you know how your typing in this message came across to me.

Personally I would have loved to see screenshots of this because it sounds like a very odd case indeed. I haven't seen anything like it in nearly 2000 hours of playing (with loads of mods). You don't have autosaves you can delve into? :)