1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Role call

Discussion in 'Team Cavaleiros' started by oyzar, May 17, 2009.

1. oyzar

oyzar Have quit civ/forums

Who are still around? Seems like almost everyone disapeared... If i am not mistaken we even missed the last turn...

2. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

Still here, still lurking.

3. KingMorgan

KingMorgan Deity

Missed the last game turn?

I do hope not.

4. Niklas

Niklas Fully Functional GOTM Staff

I'm here, but life and forum keeps me busy elsewhere currently.

5. oyzar

You were the last one logged in so you should know if things were done by the time you logged out or not.

6. KingMorgan

KingMorgan Deity

And your point is?

7. Empiremaker

Empiremaker Human Fish

I'm lurking.

8. oyzar

You can tell us if we missed it or not... Did we? or did we not?

9. KingMorgan

KingMorgan Deity

When I logged in I found our turn had not be taken, also 2 cities looked like they would go over our happy caps. I would have taken the turn but there was still time on the clock and i really don't wish to step on any toes.

10. Niklas

Morgan, you certainly did nothing wrong. We have a designated turn player for a reason, and it's that turn player (has Rusten handed over to USun?) that should have played the turn.

11. Rusten

Rusten Deity

This was turn 90. My last turn was 89 (80-89).

I'm still around but I need to lay low for some days/week. Having been the turnplayer for almost 2 months has been tiresome due to several and long pauses. It's not the amount of work (almost none) that's tiresome, but to have it waiting for you for this long is annoying. I'm pretty sick of it by now.

12. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

OK, it's a pity we missed last turn... I had no internet this week end (as most of them in fact), so wasn't able to be somehow active. I am still fully interested/commited for what it's worth...
    I am PMing USun right now to ask him if he is still interested in being TP (I think he just forgot as he posted as scout)...

@lurkers: don't be afraid... if you have time to lurk, you prolly have time to help us more ;) nobody will eat you...

Cheers

13. Renata

Renata homicidal jungle cat GOTM Staff

We did miss the turn; our capital is over the happy cap -- noticed that right away when I logged in. Shame.

Anyway, I've been really busy elsewhere, but it looks like we're in sort of a bad situation right now as regards participation, so I'm back.

Lurkers, please do come out of hiding.

14. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

I do check on things periodically here (and here I thought I'd be completely invisible in such a slow paced game, but nope...just MOSTLY invisible :p).

Sucks about the missed turn. Long ago I said I'd play turns if you all were REALLY desperate (given my propensity to avoid micro, I'm prone to errors even when I try to do it properly). I'd have been better than a missed turn, though :(.

But unfortunately, I'm not going to play in any team-based games using HoF until I get a better computer (or my laptop back, that is). This thing locks up too much and that could be pretty bad I'd imagine. I'm amazed I got through G major 51 w/o crashing (were the stars just aligning for me there?!)

I just got back in town a day ago so at least I can um...lurk more. I did notice we're pretty dead here lately. IMO we're ok as long as we have at least 1 good active turnplayer, but I do worry about diplo if it's like this.

15. Niklas

This game doesn't use the HOF mod. :p

16. PurpleTurtle

PurpleTurtle Shellshocked

I have been doing a bit of lurking, but as things had been so slow for a while I may have gotten a bit negligent in checking in regularly. I will strive to pay more attention till our next lull :D

*Edit*

I figured I would mention that a little war would go a long ways towards helping me focus :)

JK

17. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

Hmmm true. What are the consequences of a system crash mid-turn then? Any? Other than diplo, that is.

And ridiculous lack of micro...although I suppose that's better than doing nothing for a turn :p.

18. oyzar

Mid turn crash = nothing most of the time, sometimes the server freezes up but then there will always be an autosave from last person who logged in. I really doubt you'll have any problems with crashes on a standard sized map however.

19. Renata

Renata homicidal jungle cat GOTM Staff

I'm going to be leaving for a while. I'm not entirely comfortable with the way the game is going in certain areas. I don't want to get into it -- I haven't exactly been around to complain until yesterday -- but I just don't think I have anything of value to contribute.

I think the team as a whole is great; best of luck.

20. Munro

Munro Deity

Still lurking occasionally - but not going to have any time to get into it for a couple of months as I"m heading back to the UK on wednesday for about 6 weeks, and will have spotty internet access.

Might have more time to get into things properly from late July onwards.. we'll see! :)