Role for resources?

Osmotic

Chieftain
I'm still not clear as to the use of the different resources revealed to-date. Apart from energy or production or food bonus, are they required for specific units of buildings? I understand float stone is used by Purity etc, but what is Chitin or Fiber or Copper or titanium ,etc. used for? Or do we know yet?:confused:

Strategic resources (needed for some units/buildings)
Firaxite used for supremacy
Xenomass used for harmony
Titanium used for all

The rest are bonus (basic) resources
(Fiber gives production on grass tiles, Copper gives energy, etc.)

It also sounds like Geothermal is some kind of strategic resource (possibly the high-tech equivalent of Coal in Civ V). The tooltip in the tech web for the Geothermal Well reads:

"Tile Improvement buildable by Worker units on Geothermal resources. Adds the Geothermal quantity to your global total."

It will be interesting to see what strategies emerge from controlling a strategic resource you can't ever actually use (Floatstone as Harmony, etc.) I wonder if trading these resources will serve to keep things harmonious (as it were) between factions belonging to different affinities?

It will be interesting to see what strategies emerge from controlling a strategic resource you can't ever actually use (Floatstone as Harmony, etc.) I wonder if trading these resources will serve to keep things harmonious (as it were) between factions belonging to different affinities?

Most likely resources have their usage for everyone, i.e. for buildings. Resource belonging to affinity means it's used for high-end units of this affinity, like Floatstone used for Purity's Flying Fortress.

I belive it has been said that some of them would influence health even (like ressources influenced happiness).

It also sounds like Geothermal is some kind of strategic resource (possibly the high-tech equivalent of Coal in Civ V). The tooltip in the tech web for the Geothermal Well reads:

"Tile Improvement buildable by Worker units on Geothermal resources. Adds the Geothermal quantity to your global total."

Oh, interesting. I had assumed that the hot canyons were the BE version of vanilla rivers, you got energy for working tiles next to them.

They never said they were useless to other affinities, just that they are most used by one.

I suspect dependence on 'Foreign Resources' will lead to Warfare to take that Resource.

Also just from advance on any affinity gets you some of the resource associated with it, I probabilly think that garantee that you can finish the end game wonder even if your enemies corner the global market of that resource, will make things harder, but you still can win, different from old, no aluminium no starship from earlier civ v

Top Bottom