1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Role Play Challenge: Alexander Greek God of War III

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by madscientist, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Melon Head

Melon Head Warlord

Yeah, Karakorum is an absolutely ridiculous city. Lots of production, obviously (that's how it got however many wonders it has) plus 5 GGs and 2 GPs. For you, that's lvl4 units out of the gate. Basically, you can produce commando infantry with your current civic settings and a barracks. 5 GGs + 4 xp (civic) + 3 xp (barracks) = 17 xp. Aggressive = C1. 17 xp gets you 4 promos, so C4 + Commando.

If Zara has railroads actually built it might be worth building a few of these and pillaging stuff in his heartland; be careful because they can't take cities without siege support, so aren't as useful as you'd hope. Commando tanks can if you have enough of them...but I would rather get C2 CR3 tanks instead, if you want tanks. Stack 4-5 infantry together and be careful to not pillage the roads/railroads, just the improvements. If you target health/happy resources inside his BFC's you can severely hurt him. I say those because he'll defend them with units, an the ones outside the BFC will have forts and CG defenders, which suck to attack. In general, it just may not be worth the extra effort at this point.

2. Groogaroo

Groogaroo King

Looking forward to the climax of this game, although I think Al has the AI where he wants them now, I don't want to jinx him by saying its in the bag. He seems to have had some bad luck in his previous games. ;)

Also looking forward to the companion game, which seems to be more my style of play.

3. Sleepless

Sleepless Deity

Seems you've reached mop up time so well played and looking forward to the next challenge.

4. madscientist

madscientist RPC Supergenius

Alexander, Greek God of War: Part VII

Victory is ours!!!!

We waited the 10 turns, teched off Fascism, started Mt. Rushmore, and switched civics to police state.

We then proceeded to pound Zara

We sent several different stacks at Zara to take cities as fast as we could, and it still took awhile.

One of the Key Ethiopian cities

And we close in on the capital

Not much left here.

The last Ethiopian city

5 down, 1 to go

As promised we shall kill Agustus last

After slicing through half of Agustus' lands, here are his three final cities

And the final city captured

And our long awaited and hard won Conquest victory!!!

Here finally we can see the power numbers which Zara and his espionage made so difficult to see (the guy had quite a few scotland yards!)

And the portrait of our Glorious leader

Pretty high score if I say so!!!!

So has Big Al redeemed himself after stumbling in the first two games? Well the first shouldn't count, and the second was tough to play teh RPC angle with emperor difficulty!

We shall see how Al's Twin brother does with his RPC!!!

I'll post the recap in a bit!

5. madscientist

madscientist RPC Supergenius

Recap of the Game!!!!

Why we lost the first 2 tries
    I) Let's face it, always war is tough, period! Not much fun either, takes away alot of strategy in teh game.
    II) Accidently setting the game to emperor difficulty. With no option to play diplomacy with Isabella to fend off the Viking later was tough. In my hands these RPCs are strictly a monarch thing.

Why we finally won!

Well, besides being the Greek God of War??? Al has great traits for war-mongering all game, agressive needs no explaination and Philosphical allowed us to get that edge in tech. The Phalynx was a major reason we survived that early dogpile, backstabbed by Suliman (which was a stroke of luck for us) Gilgamesh twice, ghengis twice.

But the biggest reason was Al's true God of War abilities. Get the AIs to fight each other. Ghengis against Gilgamesh, Zara against Gilgamesh, and Zara against Ghengis were major bribes that only helped us and allowed us to pick opur victums or regrouop financially. Stealing the Hindu holy city certainly helped!

RPC rules
    1) Well, conquest as the only option leads to alot of war. I am fine with this but not every game!!!
    2) GGs we pretty insignificant. The early ones dies, and the later medics were really not needed with teh sheer size of the army we had.
    3) Civics made the game very interesting. Not everyday you run arround with Vassalage and theocracy all game!!!

But the most rewarding aspect of this game was our ability to keep the world in a constant state of war until it was just us, Zara, and Agustus. Now Truely that was what I would expect from teh God of War.

A very rewarding RPC, make sup for those first 2 disappointments!!!

Now onto the Peacenick Pericles!!!

6. goldenhero

goldenhero Warlord

Awesome RPC! Very well played with a very high score to go along with it!

7. Groogaroo

Groogaroo King

Well it had a crazy start with wars going on all over the place, I was a bit worried for Al in the first few rounds.

I think getting Zara to take out the mongols for you and stretch his own economy was genius, when it came down to just the you, zara and augustus, you seemed to finish the game off with ease. I thought Zara might have put up more a fight.

Well played and here's to big Al god of war :goodjob:

(just don't tell pericles about the first two attempts)

8. Killroyan

Killroyan Deity

Great RPC!!! Loved it and will subscribe to the next one with Pericles.

9. grandad1982

grandad1982 Deity

Well done! Such an accomplished victory more than makes up for the first two!

That was some crazy power graph you had at the end!

Can't wait for the next one.

10. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

Well done, for sticking it out, 3rd try, and actually winning in a convincing fashion through Conquest.:goodjob:

In my shadow game, I became to focused on shiny wonders :crazyeye:, and I made a MAJOR trade blunder in that I traded Metal Casting to Qin, who then promptly teched to Machinery. I sought of lost my will to play that one out.:sad:

1) Too focused on wonders and neglecting war. :rolleyes:
    2) Traded Metal casting. :eek:

I feel you made a MUCH better fist of the game, and showed me truely how it should be played.:D

11. NintendoTogepi

NintendoTogepi Noble Pacifist

Great work...very entertaining! One of your better RPC's I think :D

12. BalbanesBeoulve

BalbanesBeoulve Emperor

What the hell is up with your sig.

13. Carabodes

Carabodes Timid Viking Warlady

Why do titles like "Rambo" and "Die Hard" spring to mind? :lol:

Loved it, :goodjob:, will continue lurking. :wavey: