Role Play Challenge: GREED!!! revisited

madscientist

RPC Supergenius
Welcome to my next RPC game, Mansa Musa in GREED!!!!!! These games are meant to be fun and educational.

This game we want to focus on establishing a continual gold profit while completely exploring the Corp aspect of BTS! It also the first time I am playing an RPC at emperor levels, let's hope for the best! Note if we fail at the game, we will replay at Monarch with a few more tougher rules.

Rules
1) We cannot run a gold deficit on the slider (so staying even at the beginning is OK).
2) We need to found ALL 7 corps! To achieve this all GPs that are popped must be saved until teh needed number are accumulated.
3) We need to have access to every resource for the corps. This can be via trade/diplomacy or the gun if need be.
4) We generally will try to build wonders although not to our detriment.

Other than that, we can play and win anyway we choose. Alot more freedom than the restricted Wang and Napoleon games.

Settings

Emperor difficulty, marathon speed
2 Hemisphere temperate climate standard map,

Our Gold obsessed leader

And the start

Seafood, corn, and pork!!!

PS: Thanks to all for the support.

My mom has been in a nursing home for 3 years since she has alot of medical problems and very serious short-term memory (she definitely remembers the family and most of her life, just not what she talked about 5 minutes previous). Even with problems in her life she is always up-beat and happy go lucky, the life of the nursing home so to speak.

Last week she suffered a stroke (right ventricular bleed to be specific) and the degree was unknown for a while. After reviewing very difficult choices on what to do (do not rececitate, feeding tubes etc...) or not do if you catch my drift, my mother proved yet to be a fighter. She was able to have limited conversations with us definitely showing us that she is in fact "still there". Today she went home to the Nursing Home and while the road to returning to what she was a week ago is challenging, I can say I have my mother arround for a while longer, memories and all!!!!

Again thanks for all the support. Now, back to the RPCs!!!!

Warrior 1 NE :)

Great to hear about your mother doing well, mad!

Corn, Pig, AND Crabs? Agri, Fishing, and AH a must.

MS, again, hope everything turn out to be fine for you.

I value the pig more highly than the seafood. So, I probably will settle 1S. Beside, you need to irigate the grassland to chain-irrigate the corn.
Not much of a cottage capital, but looks like a great GP farm and can also (1) wonder spam, (2) great heroic epic center.

Settle one south, and you can mine the pigs early if you need to.

Was the prior attempt abandoned?

2S or 1N of the northern piggies. There is enough food there for two good cities. If you settle 1S the northern clams will be hard to work in a second city.

So glad to hear about your mom! Sounds like she'll be alive and kicking for quite a while longer. :p

I can't even comment on the game. I'm very happy to hear about your mother. Nothing is more tragic than relatives with memory loss. I wish you all the best.

Settle one south, and you can mine the pigs early if you need to.

Was the prior attempt abandoned?

Yes it was. I was not on my "A" game and since it was the first emperor RPC for my I wanted to restart. To many small mistakes along the way, especially segment 3 which was not posted.

I can't even comment on the game. I'm very happy to hear about your mother. Nothing is more tragic than relatives with memory loss. I wish you all the best.

Me and my family are not ones to look back on life too much. My mother was always a gentle soul at heart but had a streak in her that led her to be stubborn and unforgiving often for unimportant matters. This led to grudges on her part and me being less able to talk honestly with her early in life. Now (or least the past 5 years) she forgets things in 5 minutes but can still have an intelligent conversation, thus as oddly as it sounds me and her have been the most open with each other the past few years. Funny what life can throw you.

Regarding the game, I am liking the idea of settling 1 south which may free up one seafood for another city. Otherwise the SW pigs are not in any BFC.

GREED!: Part I

I did something a little different on this game. I marched the settler SE 2 squares to better utilize the excess food and hills. We shall see how this plays out.

After going to the far SE

We settle. Looks to me like we can spread the starting food into three strong cities. Cost us a few turns and likely we will need to move the Palace, however this looks like a good Maori statue city.

Unfortunately our scouting warrior only came across 1 goody hut

OK, we cna get the UU that much faster

Techpath went: fishing/archery/BW/agriculture/AH save

Very soon, in fact too soon we come across

Not the best leader to find. To compound the issue, it appears JC and us are the only inhabitants here.

JC's location

VERY close with a very cottagable floodplain river here. Good thing we have all that food for health! Also note we went arround JC's capital and it looks like Rome is not on a hill nor is there likely to be any valuable resources in his BFC.

After teching BW we find

Well, that definitely settles the case, literally. We need to seetle on top of that hill to get the copper, but can we out race the imperialistic JC?

We whip out the settler and

For some reason JC settled to the south. Well we got the copper and some bigtime cottages.

A view of more of the continent after AH.

OK, so I think we definitely need to take out JC ASAP, and that means delaying a third city.

As JC was teching IW this should be interesting as I assume he get's iron before we hook up the copper. Now JC has the Imperialistic edge for GGs, but a fast attack should take that out. Plus skirmishers are a cheaper UU than Prats which are great but definitely expensive.

Mad: You are not alone with JC. In one of your screenshots you have espionage on him: which means he's diverting EP to another civilization since you did not generate extra EP besides the basic 4.

And rushing a Rome with Praetorians is suicide, Mad. Don't do it!!!

Copper will take to long to hook up if you want to rush him. You need to hurry. Try to cripple him and then quickly take peace because skirmishers just don't stand up to praetorians.

Nice start, Mad. Good luck with this and good luck with your mother, I have just been attuned to reiki (=eastern-style spirit healing) so I will send you both distance healing later.

In the mean time this looks a good start if you can get to that gold as well before Jules does. That grassland hill looks a good site with marble as well which gives a good commerce boost too iirc.

I mean, is Iron Working THAT long away?

If he uses Skirmishers to quickly cripple them then he will have a fighting change against preats.

Besides. 4 [Base] + 50% in city + 25% on hill (first city attacked) +20% Culture (hopefully) is 7.8, good enough odds for me, although active defence will be lacking.

Scout his second city and times military there by 3 to find approx defending.

I must admit, where you chose to settle is totally baffling to me, but then again you play at Emperor, I play at Noble :lol:

Careful rushing Julius...if he gets praetorians you're done for. He'll march them straight to Timbuktu!

Also, I'm glad your mother is okay. :)

I must admit, where you chose to settle is totally baffling to me, but then again you play at Emperor, I play at Noble :lol:

The capital usually gets excellent resources in its fat cross... but he didn't think his capital enitrely needed four food resources (wheat, pigs, clams x2) so he moved south, opening up two of those resources for a second city. Also it got him a fish resource that otherwise would have been inaccessable.

The capital usually gets excellent resources in its fat cross... but he didn't think his capital enitrely needed four food resources (wheat, pigs, clams x2) so he moved south, opening up two of those resources for a second city. Also it got him a fish resource that otherwise would have been inaccessable.

And lost the freshwater bonus to health.

Top Bottom