1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Role Play Challenge, The Next Generation: Sid Meier, The Civilized Tyrant

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by madscientist, Apr 26, 2010.

1. madscientist

madscientist RPC Supergenius

Segments:
    Segment 1, The Beginning
    Segment 2, Mustering the Numidians
    Segment 3, Liberation of the Jewish Holy City and Capture of the Arab Nation
    Segment 4, Annexation of Summeria
    Segment 5, War and the Economy
    Segment 6, Letters from Egypt
    Segment 7, The Russian War and the High Seas
    Segment 8, The Golden Age of Sid and teh world is Met
    Segment 9, The Long Sino-Civfanatic War
    Segment 10, The Industrialization of the Civfanatics Empire
    Segment 11, The Internet and The Massive Amount of Wealth for Sid due to Civfanatic's Support
    Segment 12, The Nuclear Question
    Segment 13, Protective Agressor
    Segment 14, The Buildup!
    Segment 15, Clearing Away the Riff-Raff
    Segment 16, Prepping for the Big Guys (and Gals)
    Segment 17, Destruction of the Celtic Queen's Empire
    Segment 18, Mayan and Persian Slaughter
    Segment 19, Collpase of teh Civfanatic Armada of Death and the Recovery
    Segment 20, Rebellion in the Byzantine Empire
    Segment 21, The Byzantine War of Attrician
    Segment 22, Past RPC Vengence and the Prelude to Armageddon
    Segment 23, Korea, Nukes, and the start of Armageedon
    Segment 24, The Apocalyptic Intermission
    Segment 25, THE END

welcome to the next and LAST Mad Scientist Role Play Challenge, The Next Generation. These games have come a long way from the Classic RPCs playing all 52 leaders, to the mor elight-hearted The Next Generation series where we butchered "Non-Civilization" leaders. As my last game was rather dull and slow I wanted something to really go out with a BANG! And here it is, the ultimate Leader of Civilization IV. Friends, I give you

SID MEIER

Yes people, he has decended from the clouds to be absolutely corrupted by old Mad Scientist. Being the creator of this magnificent series, Sid can handle a massive challenge and has something to tech all (well, almost all) those civilizations out there.

I give you a Huge-mapped 40 leader game! All victory conditions have been turned off EXCEPT Conquest. Sid shall rule the world!

Settings

Huge Hemisphere's map
    Low water level
    6 Hemispheres (sort of 6 mini Pangea's)
    Agressive AI is turned on

Rules: There are none except we must win by Conquest!

I used the random leader option and produced

Ah, Financial and Charismatic! Sort of fitting here for Sid!

The start

Not bad, Not bad. Where dowe settle and what do we research first?

In case I was not clear on settings

Or victory conditions

As I expect this to be a long game, expect short updates and many segments here. We have all the way until the debut of Civilization V to enjoy this game. Then again it could be over VERY fast!:lol:

Attached Files:

2. michmbk

michmbk Emperor

How about the traitless Sid? That would make this even more of a challenge?

3. madscientist

Nah. I enjoy the game and prefer to have traits. Killing off 39 leaders is enough of a challenge.

4. lymond

lymond Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!) Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

I wonder if you can do Sid where you use the option to mix traits.

5. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

Im generally of the oinion that aggressive AI is a bad move since it causes them to neglect tech and overall makes them weaker and the game easier for the Human.

Then again I've never played Agg AI with 40civs so it may have a different effect here. However you should still possibly reconsider agg AI in this game simply due to the "historical precedent" of it making things worse for the AI.

"Oh and just a note, it would have been great to see this game on an absolutely massive Pangaea map, but such is life, the current map will most definitely suffice:

6. Sian

Sian Emperor

Toss Warrior SE and then depending on what it find either settle in place or on Marble, starting with Workboat for Clams

7. Leifmk

Leifmk Deity

Yah. Settling in place looks like the best bet at first glance, but do send the warrior southeast first.

Not bad start -- coastal, fresh water, decent resources and plenty of choppable forests and mineable hills. Go!

8. bobbyboy29

bobbyboy29 I was saying boo-urns...

OH mad how I love you, Looking forward to the RPC to end all RPCs... Settle in place.

9. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

Should be exciting.

Warrior SE. Unless if the spot 1S of the Warrior looks like a prime city location, settling on marble looks good. WB first as you go some combo of BW/hunting/AH.

10. Metal Bunny

Metal Bunny Chieftain

1st time poster here :D
    Have been following your games for a very long time now and finally decided to join the forum and post to thank you for bringing me from prince to emperor (almost immortal now :D). Well, not just you, TheMeInTeam too.

Either way, settle in place, unless the warrior (SE) discovers something awesome.

I suggest BW, since you already have fishing.
    If this game had different settings, I might have gone for settling on the marble, to chop out early marble wonders, get the river health bonus (since I do expect those forests to disappear and you do have 2 nice food sources), as well as get an extra farmable tile.

Then again, you already have 2 food sources, and building wonders here would be counterproductive at best, seeing as there are 40 aggressive leaders out there and you will want troops.

After BW go AH, for the pigs and to see where horses are, yay for unique units :D

Oh, and thanks again for making those RPC series, they were a lot of fun to read :D

11. madscientist

Metal Bunny, thank you and welcome!

12. grome

grome Chieftain

A wonderful project! I was hoping to give this a try (for a while anyway, I can't imagine what happens when you actually meet all the Civs) but haven't been able to so far. What to I need to play this save? I downloaded the 40Civs mod (v6), but whenever I load the game I'm stuck without the user interface. Could be some other mod messing things up? I usually stick with BUG mod.

Anyhow, I love your stuff Mad and good luck in the game :p

13. Wreck

Wreck Prince

Move the warrior, can't hurt, but SIP looks good. Settling on the marble throws away a nice tile, which is especially nice for a financial leader. Also settling south removes one of two possible sites for getting that fish. Stay flexible.

14. madscientist

Not sure how to proceed to get the game working, remember I an not the most trustworthy of modder's/downloaders on the forums! I think I downloaded the 40 civ mod from a recommendation on Neal's KOTW Lincoln game. I managed to shadow the Lincoln game to the end, so my computer can handle at least 34 civs before choking, the only issue is the list of AIs on the right hand side will go off the screen.

By the way, can someone tell me how to get into the BUG options screen again???

15. cripp7

cripp7 Playin' Bored

ctrl-alt-o

16. LuCiver

LuCiver Warlord

Welcome back Mad!

Settle on marble. Looks like more coast in the fog to the north so you robably won't miss much. Hope for an early rush resource in the grass tile SSE of marble so you can make it a 39 civ game quickly.

17. Blacklanner

Blacklanner Chieftain

I've been a lurker on the civ forums forever, mostly following your rpc's Mad. I've enjoyed all of them, thanks for all the wonderful reads. Had fun shadowing a couple, and decided to try out your last one, if my computer would run that many civs ok.

I downloaded v6 of the 40 civ mod, and also had the problem with no ui. Fortunately i've seen this problem before with the orbs modmod for ffh. Its caused by a conflict with my install of the bug mod. Likely the same problem for other people with this problem.

To fix it (this also disables bug for the game unfortunately), open up the mod directory for the 40 civs mod. In that directory open the 40Civs.ini file with a text editor. Near the top of the file there is a line
    Code:
    ; Custom XML and Python from user folder are not loaded
    NoCustomAssets = 0
    Change that to
    Code:
    ; Custom XML and Python from user folder are not loaded
    NoCustomAssets = 1
    and the conflicting mods (likely bug) won't be loaded.

18. west india man

west india man Immortal

What he said.:)

Also, you should probably settle in place to get all those resources. There is a very good fort site to the north of there, as a fort would make a canal to the other side. Usually very useful.

19. Sian

Sian Emperor

:mad: any spoilers should be put in spoiler tags :mad:

20. Der Graf

Der Graf Omnipresent Eye

That's right - you could be DeadScientist pretty fast :D

That'd make you a DeathScientist then ? :D