1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Role Play Challenge, The Next Generation: Sid Meier, The Civilized Tyrant

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by madscientist, Apr 26, 2010.

1. drlake

drlake Emperor

That is one serious city list. If you're still looking for names, I have some time to administer one... :)

2. ICNP

ICNP The Third Superpower

Yeah size 26, but shrinking...

Are the Zara and Shaka factions really doing anything? Like are cities being exchanged, is someone winning?

3. madscientist

madscientist RPC Supergenius

Zara's group is slowly wearing Shaka down. My guess is not fast enough to interfer with our plans.

4. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

Very funny :p Especially because the AI will even nuke their own land if it sees a enemy stack there ;)

So, where is justinian's uranium ? :D

5. madscientist

Under the bowels of the City of Gao!

6. Yared

Yared That Guy

Stupid Mansa Musa. He just had to go and lose Gao of all cities :rolleyes:

7. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

Gao is easy to reach by sea atleast ( or even from Timbuktu, after you capture this one ).... probably the best move from you is to missiles + paratrooper + raze it in t0 of war, send some tokens to absorb the nukes and then game on ;)

BtW , as you have enough espionage to see city screens of bizantine cities, you have the means to know where the Justinian nukes are . Care to share? ;)

8. disturbed1

disturbed1 Chieftain

Woah! I got a city! I didn't think i was gonna get one because i lurked until deep into the Next Generation

9. i_imperator

i_imperator Imperator

Wow this is one hell of a game!!!:D I've been lurking around your RPC's for a while and i must say this is one of my favourite's along with 'Its a Mad Mad world' & the Julius Ceaser conquest. this is looking like a runway for you if u manage to kill justinian and shaka. Can't wait for the Civ 5 RPC's!

10. Sian

Sian Emperor

could i request a screen from my city?

11. Shoot the Moon

Shoot the Moon Playing World in Conflict

Could I request spelling my city correctly? ;)

Can't wait to see the invasion!

12. Kevie

Kevie King Kevie

jeez has ur computer froze or lagged yet? lol

13. Ravus_Sol

Ravus_Sol God-Emperor of Mankind

This is an epic challenge Mad! Good fun. Can't really offer much in the way of strategy or anything but i just wanted to say two thumbs way up and hope you have fun with the dramtic conclusion :)

14. Yared

Yared That Guy

It takes 30 seconds for the F1 screen to open :lol:

15. Kikka

Kikka Chieftain

Have to say this is the ULTIMATE way to interact with the civfanatics community.
    You have outdone your self Mad, big time.

Q; Have you banned nukes for the civ.fan.com.

16. Pieman

Pieman Prince

Yay, thanks for the city Mad! :D
    Bang the drums, sound the horns, fire and steel shall visit the shores of Byzantium!

17. SurahAhriman

SurahAhriman Chieftain

Mad, this is absolutely amazing. Easily the most intense late-game warring I've ever seen.

Crush them all and have the lamentations of their women driven before you!

18. madscientist

Sid Meier, the Civilized Tyrant: The Byzantine War of Attritian

Sid listened to the advice from his Civfanatic councilors, utilize espionage to check up on Justinian's nuke stables. Surprisingly he finds no nukes but does find

One massive stack of units just waiting to repel any future invasion. Sid mulls over the inetibale long stagnating war against Byzantium while Zara dismantles the Zulu. He get's advice from his councilors to hit the Holy Roman first to drum up support in the Civfanatic lands and he agrees

Charlemagne is no Justinian and three of his cities fall in the first turn.

His advance limited only by that hills range in the center continent. Charlemagne's end is not far off and Sid uses the time to initiate the final war against the Byzantine.

Several Byzantine cities are captured via amphibious assaults.

And a massive land-based assault out of the City of Jammer Uno

Fresh troops are flown into Jammer Uno, meanwhile an unforseen problem occurred

While Justinian had no nukes apparently Mehmed did and did some damage to the invasion fleet heading towards the Ottoman lands. The fleet healed and made a poor assault on Mehmed only to be repeled and killed. The Ottomans were subsequently ignored for the rest of the war.

Justinian lands took a vastly different angle. Once again the Southeast penninsula of Justinian made some headways only to be slowly pushed back. The North turned into a massive stage of modern warfare with frightening numbers of troops killed on both sides.

Both gained cities were recaptured by Justinian while the massive Civfanatic empire poured an endless supply of troops into Jammer Uno to counter attack the continual threats. And while there appeared to be an endless supply of Byzantine armies, his power numbers slowly fell every turn.

It was obvious to Sid that this was to be a war of atrittian.

Eventually, Sid was able to take that key border city from Justinian. Rather than face an endless stream of troops Sid decided to open another second front on the south, via the Civfanatic armada

Justinian has too much committed to the north to seriously repel this attack. Also the former Ottoman invasion force survivors were sent to the SE of Justinians lands to open a third front.

And even at 50% culture war weariness was beginning to take Hold in Civfanatics so a civic switch was due

Charlemagne was finally destroyed

and the Veteran troops sent off towards Byzantium. Also you can notice that the Ethiopian-Zulu war finally ended with capitulation of Shaka to Zara. That is one scarey block there and his power numbers only grow as we plod along with the Byzantiums.

Finally, the breakout that Sid was waiting for occurs in the north

The City of Gao is captured taking Justinian's last Uranium resource and opening up an all out assault on the Byzantium core cities.

Justinian's power numbers drop and his empire is quickly cut apart now.

The armada is brought up to capture off-continent Byzantine cities that are excellently placed for launching points against the Ethiopian block. Justinian's last city falls

Leaving Sid against Mehmed. At this point rebuilding the armada to take out ottoman lands appears pointless as Zara grows in power so

saved here looking to produce a great buildup. The armada needs to be organized and split up again to prevent nukes. Launching points need to be bolstered and that requires airports.

Unfortunately a needed peace is required for a bit.

The demographics

With such a large power ranking a would be surprised if Zara initiates anything.

The last few cities

Need to be assigned to proper Civfanatics next segment, fear not I have plenty of names!

SO for now we amass troops and prepare a lightening fast attack on the Ethiopian block. The layout of the land is not as forboding as Byzantium but it is large and well prepped.

So my plan is to establish all land troops to hit Shaka and some Ethiopian lands from established land cities and use the armada to take out Willem followed by Victoria.

Prepare yourselves Civfanatics for Armageddon is on the horizon!!!

19. stopstopp

stopstopp Struggling Emperor

Is that my name I see? :lol: it's spelled wrong

20. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

What? Did you expected mad to spell right? :lol: BTW mine is wrong too, but who cares ;)

I see two red fists in the screen, Zara and someone else... there is still a war going ?

Well, after what happened with justinian , I think you need to give a proper look to the nuke arsenals and the uranium mines of the world .... better safe than sorry, no?