Role Play Challenge, TNG: Oh Israel, The Promised Land

Yes, God helped you with that hut !

Judging from TNIT spoiler, Saladin was very close to beat you for Mono...

Btw, why not Fin leader ? Fits game well I think and would secure Mono easily.

Mansa was an option but I knew I would need to war alot thus I wanted a Spiritual leader with a warring trait that started with Mysticism. That left

Brennus
Monty
sal
Justinian

As mentioned in another post, Brennus can sort of fit early Israel with the Duns, and I have played Monty's and sal's traits quite a bit lately. Brennus' in teh Mod doesn't count as his traits are quite different there.

Besides, what's not to like about Charismatic, Holy Jews!

Sal was not an issue founding Judaism in my game as he adopted slavery while I was researching Monotheism, meaning hw went mining/BW. I was more concerned about Isabella as she started with fishing.

Though it didn't matter - you could have always chosen the select religion option so any open technology could have become judaism, no just monotheism. Just in case you have to reload in the future

I don't think you should backstab Cyrus. You should usher in a new era of Israeli-Persian cooperation.

I am honest on when I cheat. Judaism was founded by simple good CIV playing and a little help from the goody Hut gods with early fishing!

EDIT: No reload either, worked the first time!

Judaism was founded by luck.

In my first run on this map it went @ 2725 BC, so you'd have lost it too ;).

Now the real challenge starts, and I agree with archery here!

Mansa was an option but I knew I would need to war alot thus I wanted a Spiritual leader with a warring trait that started with Mysticism. That left

Brennus
Monty
sal
Justinian

As mentioned in another post, Brennus can sort of fit early Israel with the Duns, and I have played Monty's and sal's traits quite a bit lately. Brennus' in teh Mod doesn't count as his traits are quite different there.

Besides, what's not to like about Charismatic, Holy Jews!

Sal was not an issue founding Judaism in my game as he adopted slavery while I was researching Monotheism, meaning hw went mining/BW. I was more concerned about Isabella as she started with fishing.

i agree on this one, Justinian is ruled out because... jews has never been imperialistic...

You should usher in a new era of Israeli-Persian cooperation.

Now if only that was the case today...

Anyway, about the game. Good start though you better get those cities out quick before all the good land is taken and all you get is desert...

No updates yet...

...Might it mean that Jerusalem fell, Temple of Solomon was burned and all Jews get scattered around ...

u forgot to add pillage any pig pastures to prevent ur peepz from eating those abominable porks!

No updates yet...

...Might it mean that Jerusalem fell, Temple of Solomon was burned and all Jews get scattered around ...

Because the rules force us to play poorly, this already difficult map is harder by more than a difficulty level.

Non-Believers

Israel still stands! The chosen people's leader has been shoveling snow for 24 hours, a test by Yahweh on the Jews endurance. Look for an update either tonight or tomorrow.

As far as pigs, well of course we plan not to eat them, but we are Jews afterall and can sell all our pork for a profit!

As far as pigs, well of course we plan not to eat them, but we are Jews afterall and can sell all our pork for a profit!

Except... you can't.

"a Jew should not prepare or provide or sell milk/meat mixtures (or any non-kosher foods) to anyone else, even if not technically doing the cooking. "

Except... you can't.

"a Jew should not prepare or provide or sell milk/meat mixtures (or any non-kosher foods) to anyone else, even if not technically doing the cooking. "

Who's preparing, we're just selling! Let the heathen dogs worry about killing/cooking the porkers.

Should just leave the pigs be if you're roleplaying here.

I am role playing! Pass up free gold, come on man, I am Jewish!

1) That's bigotist implying that every jewish person would be all about gold and just reinforcing a stereotype.
2) If you're kosher, you won't touch pigs.

1) That's bigotist implying that every jewish person would be all about gold and just reinforcing a stereotype.
2) If you're kosher, you won't touch pigs.

1) I told you all to beware of my Israel RPC! And you are absolutely correct (hey I am from New York after all!)
2) This is true.

I'll tell you what, I'll let the Jew Leader of the Moment make those decisions on a case by case situation. Adds more to the storyline that way. Since Moses is up on the Mad Scientist Butcher Block, pigs are probably off limits. However, I make no promises for future Jewish leaders I have planned!

Just because it's pecieved wisdom that pigs are unclean it may not be as big an issue as it is today, I would say there is some legitimate wiggle room for the pig ;) lets not forget that the anti-gay part of the bible consists of a single sentence in the book of Levt.

Good luck with your snow sweeping Mad, looking forward (as always) to an update.

I'd say leave them until some modern tech, where surely we will have learned how to genetically engineer kosher pigs, in which case you can properly use them.

Top Bottom