Role Play Challenge: "Will the Real Suryavarman Please Stand Up?"

"Will the Real Suryavarman Please Stand Up?": The NEXT Part

So last update we were at was with Sury, Sury, and Sury while the controversial and Universal Sufferage loving Light Blue Sury sits back and laughs. He is a concern as we shall see at the end.

So let's move along.

Techpath I really don't know except we have Assembly line and Physics by the end and teching towards Artillery.

Orange Sury made a last ditch "Battle of the Bulge" and attacked and took Battambang

Took us a little bit to reassmeble an army close by to recapture it. But we plowed ahead with two armies, one to conquer Orange Khmerian lands and the other to eliminate The vassal Sury (not Blue).

We now started to keep some good looking cities

Bah... Crank out more cannons/cavalry please.

Now at this point Blue Sury broke away from Orange Sury and we took peace

NOW, we really moved against the otehr vassal.

More Oraneg Sury cities captured

We moved against the vassal and actually took a shrined holy city

22 gold with a market/grocer/bank! that's +44 gold right there!

The Ap showed up again and we attempted to end this with a vote

And of course no Sury is backed for religious leader.

And Blue Sury got to friendly leading to

War against Sury for a deadend tech!

But which Sury?

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! The "At Peace" Universal Sufferage loving Sury!!!!

Anotehr key city from Orange Sury

Which had the Pyramids and gave us

POLICE STATE!!!!!!!!!!!! Khmerians under house arrest!!!

Now Orange Sury was willing to make a very good trade for peace although we accidently took a capitulation! So I reloaded from the last autosave, replaying two turns to get.

Physics for peace!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least 10 turns!

And a little picture of the city closest to the Blues Surys

As I was pummeling Orange Sury and killing his vassal (Oh, he is dead by the way) I was building military that I kept dumping here. The main two attack forces were a strong group of flanking II, combat I, pinch Cavalry each with a medic III GG-attached cavalry.

Diplomacy shows that 1 sury is missing.

Too bad.

Tech

And finally victory conditions

Light Blue Sury going for the cultural victory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I played a few more turns through the peace then saved. I also redirected eps towards Blue Sury to try and see his demographics, so far no good.

So the million dollar question, who do we attack right now????

1) Finish off Orange Sury, he has maybe 5 cities.

2) Take out Light Blue Sury once the peace deal is done with Dark Blue Sury to try and get an Allie. Light Blue Sury has Artillery and Rosketry but NOT Assembly line

3) Attack Dark Blue Sury. He is essentially on par with us in Military tech.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: One last point. Orange Sury has vassaled himself to Dark Blue Sury, so perhaps we can get a good dogpile on Light Blue Sury. After 20 turns we can likely trade Artliiery to Blue Sury for war against Light Blue Sury!

I'd say go after Light Blue Sury before he gets any stronger - just start taking cities and raze, raze, raze.

I love how this RPC continues to get progressively more insane with each session. Good luck, Mad, and great work!

Light Blue Sury might just be Gandhi. His favorite is Universal Suffrage, and he's going for cultural. :D

Attack LBS. Any of his high-culture cities near you? If you want to see how strong he is just look at the demographics screen and compare his power to yours. He'll be first among the AIs; there's not much need to wait for espionage to tell us this, although of course he's the only one towards which you should put espionage points. The others aren't relevant to the game anymore.

By the way, tech-wise I'd go for Flight and Radio. Since it's all happening on land air support can really help speed things up.

It seems to me you have 2 options here:

1. Declare war on yourself.

2. Put your science slider on 0%, bribe darkblue into war with lightblue, then gift him all your techs, gold, units and all gpt and enjoy the show.

(or you could just hammer lightblue :mischief:)

"Will the Real Suryavarman Please Stand Up?: Of the bad death of Light Blue Suryavarman and the Crusader quest for Mad Suryavarman!

I just can't stop playing this game. Or perhaps I gotta end it! Nevertheless, I played the next segment overwhelming our next victum with Khmerian Might!

we took our massive stack in our eastern most city (or is it the western most city on this map?????,m split it into two and

Each with it's own Medic III cavalry!

We then visited Light Blue Sury and his massive cultural cities

And let the firewaorks begin!!!!

Now, most of my military strategy went like this: reduce culture defenses with cannon or artillery barrage, attack with flanking II cavalry resulting in most surviving, then cleaning up with rifles/infantry. Lost very few units this way.

Very quickly we capture one southern city and attack one of the big three culture cities.

I kept it as it had some useful wonders. Very few others I kept.

Note victory conditions now

Culture threat over.

We captured Karakoum

Which we also kept, in honor of the great Khan whereever he may be.

We then got the Crusade Quest.

So we have to capture the Buddhist Hol city! No problem, I'll put it on our to do list!

We regroup a bit and head towards Ankor Wat

And after capturing the Holy City (we did momentarily consider razing it to see if Dark Blue Sury would go nuts) we kept it.

Because it had a dynamite shrine

And the results of our crusade are rather less than spectacular.

Should have razed it. Well, we converted 7 cities to Buddhism to get the theocracy bonus to troop production.

Now we lost one of our medic III units leaving us with 2. We did pop another GG which we used for another medic III which I saved in our eastern most city awaiting the full assault on Dark Blue Khmer.

Light Blue Sury put up very little fight except for rampaging infantry who annoyingly popped up after razing his cities. Finally

And then there were only 2 Suryavarman Clones, and they are feeling the pressure.

Victory conditions

Show we cannot really afford to take anymore cities, all myst be razed.

The remaining Surys

And tech

Not bad for tech considering we have NOT built anything besides a barracks and military for about 500 years (I don't think I ever built a university or observatory) and we swapped out of representation and the SE game. I also decided to just automate the workers. I figure they have better judgement on building up cities on this insane map.

So that's where we are!

Only one thing left to do.

Truly epic, Mad, truly epic.

Well done Mad! 4 down, 2 to go. The One True Sury is another step closer to triumph. Was Orange Sury in Anarchy those last couple screenshots or is his tech rate really that awful? (107 turns for Rocketry).

Careful, even razing cities can expand the boundaries and push you past the domination limit... I found this out the hard way once. Of course there's nothing really you can do about that since you require complete kills, though it seems your numbers are low enough to be fine. Worse case scenario and you just have to starve your empire. :p

Massive starve so that all cites is at 1 pop.
This won't achieve anything - the fewer AI cities are left, the higher Mad's percentage of the world population will get. The only hope for conquest is to try and raze everything before he hits the domination limit for land.

"Will the Real Suryvarman Please Stand Up?": Mad Sury's bitter/sweet end!

The end has come at last. A very long and painful, if entertaining game has been concluded. What faces Mad Sury, we do not know. We do have a diary from his last battle as there were no proper screenshots, merely his ramblings as victory was within his grasp only to spill away at the last momet due to....

Well first thing, all great things begin with a plan. Yes a plan, Once again we built two stacks

Note we have rather equal tech, but superior numbers (in troops and cities) and production, especially when all I built this segment was SAM, infantry, artillery. A VERY long segment.

We called up Dark Blue Sury

And here lies Mad Sury's tale of the war...

From the Diary of Mad Suryvaraman, some centuries later:

START OF ENTRY

" We moved swiftly against our Buddhist brothers, desiring to slash their empire in two as they still try and moblize troops.

This has been hell and I desperately need to get away from this insane asylum.

We captured and razed three early cities, very good! Things are getting a little more complicated.

We kept one closeby city to help a little bit. I hope this is not a mistake.

While the Light Bulue Sury Clone was a pushover, both the Dark Blue and Orange clones fought vicously.

Stacks of Dark Blue Sury are attacking our wonder-containing cities at an alarming rate, capturing a few which require diverting troops.

Orange Sury has gotten his strength back and captures several cities himself, including the Pyramids.

Losing the Pyramids was a disasterous mistake as we lost the Police State option. Unfortunately we did not see this for several hours.

The large areas of open land are being settled agressively by both remaining clones. These are like insects, impossible to contain.

We finally bring out armies to the very capital of the Blue clone, seeing the Pentagon and Apolstolic Palace here.

Yes, the filth of that AP building is no more although the Pentagon would have helped. But no, I must not get greedy.

We start diverting new troops to the Capital, to stockpile and launch a disabling attack against the Orange Clone.

Much of the world is becoming a wasteland, even more if you believe it.

But we move on, salvation is up ahead. But that damned domination limit, it is getting closer and closer.

We finish off the Blue Clone after chasing several unconnected cities. We recapture a city that I wanted to raze, no luck.

Domination approaches, what shall we do!!!!!!!

We move against the Orange Clone, trying to capture cities with no border on our lands while building troops and take the ones with culture pressure last.

Up to 63.5% land. This cannot happen, this cannot happen!!!! Fight it Fight it Fight it!!!!

We have the last few cities surrounded: The capital, St. PetersBerg, NY. Insane names in an insane world. We pull back, NO DO NOT DO it!

BUT, it is too late, way too late. This senseless blossloss has resulted in

I am uncertain what happens now, so far nothing. No lighting bolts for the heavens Good, we shall what we get

We surround the last Clone stronghold.

And 100, 000 screaming Khmerians soldiers rip it apart. Silence. Nothing has happened, nothing.

No reprecussions for the domination game. Wait, but no release!!! Why are we still here, how can we get home. We defeated all the clones, we did. No wait, I cannot be left here, not in this insane world.

You have to understand, Oasis on Ice, Horses in Jungles, Copper in the Jungle, and everywhere I look TUNDRA. Stinking Tundra that cannot be ignored, yet cannot be worked.

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

END OF ENTRY

"Will the Real Suryavarman Please Stand Up?": RECAP

Well we sort of won and sort of lost, sort of the way you expected this game to go:lol:

While Sury is discussing his future life on Freaksville, we can see some recaps of the game. Just a few but certainly worth checking out.

The Score

A little low for such a late game domination/conquest win, but hey building the glories and wonders of civilization was not exactly the point here. It was for Carnage pure and simple. I became obvious to me early that this land was not equipped to go to space very efficiently.

But let's take a peep at the info screen

Now 2 things jump out at me

First is I played this cursed game for 35 hours!!!!!!!!!!

Second, we razed 72 cities!!! That my friends Pops the Mighty Khan out of first place in RPC-land for the most cities razed!!! Old Ghangis is not happy one bit, perhaps a Khan sequel may be on the horizon.

Oh, how about the RPC recap, OK

RPC rules:
1) The map was a nightmare.
2) There were too many Surys.
3) After awhile you can really start to like yourself.

Why we lost.
1) We didn't, we got a domination win.

Why we won.
1) We didn't, we got a domination win

:crazyeye:

Now one final point that I really want some answers on and if someone can check the scripts I would appreciate it, WHO THE HELL WERE THESE SURYS???

Myself =
Orange = Cyrus??
Light Blue Sury = Gandhi ??
Dark Blue Sury = Sal??
Grey Sury = Mansa Musa???
Orange Sury's Vassal = Some other Zealot??
The early rushed Sury = ??????????

Thanks for all those who followed the game. It appears to be one of the more popular although I still have a headache from it.

I will decide on the next RPC once my head clears for a bit.

Top Bottom